The Dog Whisperer Sued For Alleged Animal Cruelty!

Dark Knight

Reaction score

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]A television producer is suing dog trainer Cesar Millan, star of TV's "The Dog Whisperer," claiming that his Labrador retriever was injured at Millan's training facility after being suffocated by a choke collar and forced to run on a treadmill.

In a lawsuit filed Thursday in Superior Court, "8 Simple Rules" producer Flody Suarez says he took 5-year-old Gator to the Dog Psychology Center on Feb. 27 to deal with fears of other dogs and strangers.

Hours after dropping the dog off at the facility, Suarez claimed a worker called to inform him the animal had been rushed to a veterinarian. He later found the dog "bleeding from his mouth and nose, in an oxygen tent gasping for breath and with severe bruising to his back inner thighs," the lawsuit claims. The facility's workers allegedly placed a choke collar on the dog, pulled him onto a treadmill and forced him to "overwork." Suarez says he spent at least $25,000 on medical bills and the dog must undergo more surgeries for damage to his esophagus.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060505/114686622000p.html

[/size][/font]

Wow! I really like Cesar and have used his techniques on my dogs. I hope this is not true.

I think this has been intentionally fluffed up. They have already spent $25,000 and the dog still has several surgeries to go?

I have watched the chow and do not think Chavez would allow harm to an animal. Now he may have hired someone that did not take care of the dog. But that amount and surgeries to go still...sounds like someone wants money.

He does use the treadmill as a training method, so this is certainly possible. I'd have to wonder why there wasn't a criminal investigation before the civil suit was filed, though?

Dark Knight said:
He does use the treadmill as a training method, so this is certainly possible. I'd have to wonder why there wasn't a criminal investigation before the civil suit was filed, though?
Because you have to report it to the cops for it to be a criminal investigation.
And you can't get money from a criminal case. And if the police/animal control people investigate and say its BS, that can affect the civil case. Where you CAN get money.

I think Ceaser would have offered to pay medical bills if this suit was on the up and up.

I like Ceaser and feel he is a responsible person.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Because you have to report it to the cops for it to be a criminal investigation.
And you can't get money from a criminal case. And if the police/animal control people investigate and say its BS, that can affect the civil case. Where you CAN get money.
The alleged victim is a successful Hollywood producer, you wouldn't think they'd be hard up for money.

Dark Knight said:
The alleged victim is a successful Hollywood producer, you wouldn't think they'd be hard up for money.
In Hollywood especially appearances are far removed from reality when it comes to money.

I love Cesar, too. Something like this will keep him humble. Too much success can be bad. He has had a lot - all at once.

I think this whole suit is ridiculous! Yes, the pig was injured, but none of it was intentional! And, in the end, he accomplished what he set out to do....get the dog and pig to get alone so the pig won't get injured anymore by the dog.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!
Back