GUILTY IA - Tracy Tribble, 35, Council Bluffs, 3 May 2006

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/2760096.html

Tracy Tribble, 35, missing in Council Bluffs. Image here:

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/Missing+Woman+Tribble.jpg

Friends and family were still searching Sunday for a missing 35-year-old Council Bluffs woman last seen in her home early Wednesday morning.

Tracy Tribble's father and her friends handed out fliers in Council Bluffs Sunday, hoping someone might have seen her and can offer information.

"Just call us, let us know where she is, that she's okay," said Bryan Batchelder. "She's not in any trouble. We just want to find her -- make sure she's safe and gets home safely."

There's not much detail in that article. Wonder what happened?

C.B. Police still searching for missing woman

Posted: 05/05/2006

<SNIP>

Tracy Tribble was last seen at her Council Bluffs home around 6 a.m. Wednesday.

Sgt. Ray Mabbitt said Tribbles husband reported her missing at approximately 7 p.m. Wednesday night. Mabbitt said that the couple had an argument, but family members are concerned because if Tribble left, she would have taken her car and her dog, both of which were left behind.

Mabbitt said that it was out of character for Tribble not to contact family members.

We are trying to track down (Tribbles) friends, relatives and co-workers and touch base with everyone to let them know that we are looking for her, Mabbitt said. Everyone would like her to call home and let her family know she is OK.

http://www.zwire.com/site/index.cfm?newsid...id=553867&rfi=8

Iowa Missing Person Information Clearinghouse

A woman is missing. This isn't a game to place a bet upon.

I am quite sure that your comments were not meant that way, but that is how it comes across to me.

That is a comment which is more suited for the Discussion Forum.

Kelly said:
A woman is missing. This isn't a game to place a bet upon.

I am quite sure that your comments were not meant that way, but that is how it comes across to me.

That is a comment which is more suited for the Discussion Forum.

I must have missed something, as do not understand Kelly's remark. Anyone?

I think there was another post that the poster may have deleted Opie.

Yes, that's correct. I should have quoted it. A member made a comment about the article having "explained everything" and then followed that with a derogatory comment about making a bet on a certain theory/person. Those sorts of comments don't belong here.

Sorry for the confusion.

a little new info ---
http://www.ketv.com/family/9194032/detail.html

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -- Family and friends of a Council Bluffs woman were out on Wednesday searching and distributing fliers a week after she disappeared.

Tracy Tribble, 35, was last seen on May 3. Her family is offering a $75,000 reward for information that helps track her down.

The search headquarters is near 119th and I streets in Omaha, Neb., where Tribble's father, John Gostomski, owns a business. He said that when he heard his daughter was missing, he flew in from Arizona to head up search efforts.

snip---

Greta had Tracy's story on her show tonight. Her dad and a male friend were on but I wasn't able to follow the show at the time. I'll try to catch the rebroadcast at midnight.

Her dad and the guy friend did say that the police now think of the hubby as a suspect.

If you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area:

"We are still searching for Tracy and are looking for volunteers to help in the search on Saturday, May 13.

We have covered a lot of ground already but any time you would like to give us will only help out the search effort that much more!

Meeting Place:

St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Council Bluffs

East Kanesville Blvd & Baughn, east side of church and the north side of Kanesville

Meeting Time: 9:00 AM

If you are interested or know anyone that might be please spread the word through email."

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2168888

Published Friday
May 12, 2006

Two sets of remains discovered

BY KRISTIN ZAGURSKI
AND TOM SHAW

WORLD-HERALD
STAFF WRITERS

Two sets of human remains have been found in the Omaha metropolitan area, one north of Council Bluffs and the other in a northeast Omaha park, police announced today.

In the Bluffs-area discovery, which was made last week, authorities have ruled out that the remains were either of two local missing females - Tracy Tribble, 35, of Council Bluffs, or Amber Harris, 12, of Omaha.

No specifics had been released about the remains found Thursday night in Hummel Park.

Last Saturday, mushroom hunters found human remains in a 55-gallon barrel. The barrel was found on land north of the Pottawattamie County Jail in an area that authorities believe had been under water but is now dry.

Because of the decomposition of the body, investigators called in a forensic anthropologist. The remains are believed to be that of a woman, age 24 to 32. She was about 5 feet 8 inches tall.

The woman had short, straight, brown hair, authorities said. The woman was wearing size 11 Lee jeans that possibly have a greenish tint, a turquoise and white sweater and knee-high socks. The jeans had a well-preserved tag, so investigators hope to get a date for when they were made and the area where they were sold.

The woman probably was white but may have had some black ancestry as well, authorities said. The woman may have had a physically active job or exercised regularly, authorities said.

Officials said they aren't aware of any missing woman from the Pottawattamie County area whose description matches the characteristics of the remains.

The date of the woman's death is unknown, but because of the condition of the remains and the barrel, officials say the body had been in the barrel for years.

Investigators say they believe they know how the woman died but are not releasing that information.

"There is no doubt we're dealing with a homicide investigation," said Pottawattamie County Attorney Matt Wilber.

Omaha police released few details about the other set of remains, found about 8:45 p.m. Thursday at Hummel Park, 11808 John J. Pershing Drive.

Officers still were at the park this morning, investigating "what appears to be human remains," said Officer Andrew Passo, a Police Department spokesman.

Passo declined to release additional information, such as the state of decomposition of the remains, citing the ongoing investigation.

Amber Harris was reported missing the night of Nov. 29. She earlier had called her father from a friend's cell phone to say she was coming home from Beveridge Magnet Center, 1616 S. 120th St., on the school's late bus.

Amber's mother, Melissa Harris, said that Omaha police alerted her early this morning to the discovery in Hummel Park.

Police did not provide her with any more information about the possible identity of the individual.

"I've just been bawling all morning," Harris said. "We've got to be open to the possibility that it could be Amber. We just don't know right now."

Harris also had been alerted to the remains found in Council Bluffs but was relieved to learn today that they were not Amber's.

She said she doesn't recall whether searchers have looked through Hummel Park for her daughter.

Tracy Tribble's husband, Stan, told police he last saw his wife about 6 a.m. May 3 when he left to go to work.

Her purse and keys still were in the couple's house, at 133 Benton St. in the Bluffs. Their dog was found roaming the neighborhood.

Tracy Tribble's family and friends searched Hummel Park on Tuesday. But searches there and in other locations, including near the couple's home, have turned up nothing.

So they searched Hummel Park on Tuesday and found nothing but on Thursday the body was found. I wonder if that means the body was well hidden or if the crime happened just after they searched. I always have mixed feelings when they find bodies. I want them to be of a missing person so the family can have closure but I also wish these people were alive and well. I hope both of these people can be identified so someone somewhere can have resolution. Prayers for them both.

This just amazes me how many missing and unidentified people their are. Here are two people that are missing, and two bodies found, and we still have two missing and two unidentified! How many more are there!?! It makes me sick.

Police told Newswatch 7 they have notified other families with missing loved ones in the metro of the remains.

The family of Jason Jolkowski has been notified. He's been missing since June of 2001. Jolkowski's mother, Kelly, is also nervously waiting for investigators to identify the remains.

Amber Harris' parents told Newswatch 7 police have told them to stay home from work Monday.

http://www.ketv.com/news/9214517/detail.html

Praying for all....I can't even begin to imagine what they must be going thru on any given day let alone with this news.

gardenmom said:
This just amazes me how many missing and unidentified people their are. Here are two people that are missing, and two bodies found, and we still have two missing and two unidentified! How many more are there!?! It makes me sick.

I totally agree. How many people can possibly be missing? In total? I spent many hours this weekend going through pictures of missing adults on other websites, and it is simply mind boggling that SO many persons have vanished.

And what makes even less sense is that the public generally only knows about the "case of the day," and maybe remembers one or two or three more, but there are so many missing persons, it's simply confounding.

Where are they?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back