GUILTY RI - Savannah Smith, 8, Woonsocket, 7 May 2006

cammy-g

Former Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if there is an Amber out on Savannah but here is her poster

from the NCMEC

Savannah was last seen playing outside on the afternoon of May 7, 2006. When the child was last seen she was wearing a purple tank top, denim skirt, a gold necklace, and no shoes.

cammy-g said:
I am not sure if there is an Amber out on Savannah but here is her poster

from the NCMEC

Savannah was last seen playing outside on the afternoon of May 7, 2006. When the child was last seen she was wearing a purple tank top, denim skirt, a gold necklace, and no shoes.
This is why no Amber Alert:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/health/9176054/detail.html

From the article:

The body of 8-year-old Savannah Smith was found dumped in the woods on Parkview Blvd. in Cranston, police said.Smith was reported missing on Sunday. Her mother said that the girl had not been seen since late Sunday afternoon. Police had been searching with a K-9 unit.Woonsocket police said they have a 20-year-old suspect in custody.

Every new one of these in the news is one too many.

Steve/Mr. A.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/hea...054/detail.html

From the article:
The body of 8-year-old Savannah Smith was found dumped in the woods on Parkview Blvd. in Cranston, police said.Smith was reported missing on Sunday. Her mother said that the girl had not been seen since late Sunday afternoon. Police had been searching with a K-9 unit.Woonsocket police said they have a 20-year-old suspect in custody.

There was a post about Savannah in the missing thread, but articles about her being found were already being published in Boston as of about 40 minutes ago.

Steve

These cases are impossible to keep up with, she just went missing yesterday and now we find out that she is dead. It seems your child is safe nowheres nowadays.
behindbars.gif

Poor baby girl... These types of crimes break my heart.

Well...now we need to pray that the @#%&#d that did this is found and punished.

Apparently the boyfriend of the babysitter is the suspect and a friend of the little girl saw her get into his vehicle. Police questioned him, which led to them finding her body. This stuff just makes you want to scream - how can any of us ever really trust anyone?

Providence Channel 10

Here is another link to a local station carrying this story with a bit more info and video of suspect. Thank you to the officer in court for that stare at the suspect. He deserves that and so much more.

BS4 Boston story with video

I just heard this on the news for the first time this afternoon! I live about 1.5 miles from the city she was abducted from. Poor little girl.

That was a shock. I was expecting to read that she had been found alive because she hadn't been gone that long. That dirty son-of-a-Bitc#. I wonder how long he had had his eye on that little girl. Sick son-of-a-gun. I bet the babysitter is devistated. So darn sad. I'm so sick of this happening to little kids. They should just take this guy out and blow his head right off. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

I feel so sorry for the parents. Seeing her mother on the video brought tears to my eyes. She speaks of staying by the phone helplessly while he murdered her daughter.

Can anyone tell me WHY the heck an Amber Alert wasn't used??? If you watch the video it seems clear they met all the criteria to send one out, but didn't.

I don't understand it at all, unless it was because the parents couldn't prove she was in danger of bodily harm. I think that should be assumed to be the case any time a child is taken without the parent's consent.

What in the world happened here? This case met all of the requirements for an Amber Alert. I don't want to be critical of LE at this point, but exactly what else did they require to issue an Alert?!?! :confused:

From June 2008:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ar...ife_in_prison_for_rape_killing_of_8_year_old/

A man who admitted raping and strangling an 8-year-old neighbor was sentenced yesterday to life in prison without the possibility of parole, after calling his own actions "despicable and unforgivable."

Joshua Davis of Woonsocket was given the maximum sentence allowed by state law for the May 7, 2006, abduction and death of Savannah Smith...

Macktaz said Davis attacked the girl in a debris- and glass-littered area, left her battered and naked body in the woods, and paused after she was dead to wipe her blood from his hands. She said he boasted about the killing by writing in a letter from prison that "I enjoyed my catch."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back