PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Police seek man in fatal stabbing of Imperial teenager
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH​
05/08/2006
brianethridge.jpg

Brian Ethridge

Jefferson County authorities have identified the 17-year-old victim of a fatal stabbing overnight in Imperial.

Police say Linda N. Miller, of Fenton, was stabbed multiple times by her 26-year-old boyfriend late Sunday night in Imperial.

Capt. Ralph Brown of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said Miller was taken by ambulance to an area hospital and was pronounced dead on arrival.

...Police said the suspect Brian Etheridge, 26, fled in the victim’s car, described as a 1997 teal Chevrolet Cavalier with Missouri license plates 434-ZET.

Brown said Miller had a 2-month-old baby, whom Etheridge turned over to a friend. That friend delivered the baby to relatives of the victim.

...Etheridge was not the father of the baby, Brown said, but he had been dating Miller.

More: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/jeffersoncounty/story/422464BC34DF4B4586257168004F0923?OpenDocument

This one hit close to home. It happened just down the road from where I live.
My sister and Brother in law know the family of the suspect and they said that the whole family is scary. They are probably into meth, which is big around here.
As far as I know this guy is still running loose.

Scary Scary Scary!!!!

Very sad. I hope they find this SOB soon

I hope they find him soon........he's a little old to be seeing a 17 yr old girl. That in itself says he's not all together there. :eek:

I too live in the area and heard on the local news last night that he had broken both her upper and lower jaws some months back and she was trying to break away from him. He sounds like a real piece of work. Just last week it was the girl across the river on the Illinois side that was nearly killed by a teacher.. same kind of age differnce. Somehow that's always something that happens "somewhere else" not this close to home.

Ugh he's a scary looking mo fo!

How sad, one bad choice and her life is gone. That poor baby, hasn't even started life good and it's already sad. I hope they catch him!

I heard it last night, but just now got to where I could post it.
This one really got me, because I live a mile away from where this psychopath's family lives, and my sister and brother in laws went to school with some of his siblings, and from what I have heard from them is that he has brothers that are not too far off from prison themselves. The news has had Brain Ethridge's mom on and she is playing the whole devestated mother thing, and it is pissing me off because apparently she is not a good mom to start with. There are apparently three other brothers that are violent drug abusing sociopaths that terrorize the people that they are around.

Please forgive me if I screw up the link, I am new to this...

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=96576

Just incase they remove the article, here is the text of it:
KSDK-Seventeen year old Linda Miller was attacked Sunday night and dumped on a road near Kimmswick. Police arrested Miller's boyfriend, 26-year old Brian Ethridge, late this afternoon in Dyersburg Tennessee.

Newschannel Five's Ann Rubin spoke with the victim's and suspect's families on Tuesday night. Both families say they are devastated that this happened, and both say they're relieved the manhunt has ended.

Ethridge's mother wishes she could turn back the clock. For weeks, Sissy Downey had called his parole officer to warn him about her son's dangerous behavior. Downey says, "I wanted them to put him back in jail. And if they had, that girl would not be dead today."

It happened Sunday night. Witnesses found the body of Linda Miller. She was stabbed more than 80 times. Authorities say her boyfriend, Brian Ethridge, killed Miller. Polce think he dropped off Miller's four month old baby with friends before leaving town.

His mother says, "Now she's got a baby without a mom, and I've got a son that's probably facing the death penalty."

Late Tuesday, authorities in Dyersburg, Tennessee arrested Ethridge at a friend's house. They believe he had family in the area. They also recovered the victim's car at the scene.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. SEE LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE

I'm so thankful that he isn't the father of Linda's baby. I would hate for his family to have any visitation rights. Anyone have an idea what Linda's family is like? Will the baby be alright with them?

I have no idea what a 17 yr old girl sees in a 26 yr old man. That just seems so much older to me. I'm glad that they caught this guy. I'll just bet that he doesn't want to take a plea because he wants the death penalty. The only person I can remember wanting the death penalty is Timothy McVey. Usually these big tough men cry like babies when they get the death penalty and especially when it comes time to inforce it.

Bobbisangel said:
I'm so thankful that he isn't the father of Linda's baby. I would hate for his family to have any visitation rights. Anyone have an idea what Linda's family is like? Will the baby be alright with them?

I have no idea what a 17 yr old girl sees in a 26 yr old man. That just seems so much older to me. I'm glad that they caught this guy. I'll just bet that he doesn't want to take a plea because he wants the death penalty. The only person I can remember wanting the death penalty is Timothy McVey. Usually these big tough men cry like babies when they get the death penalty and especially when it comes time to inforce it.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Linda or her family, but I do not have a lot of hope for the baby. She was seventeen, had a baby with someone else, was involved with someone like Brian Etheridge (who just by looking at him, I would do anything I could to stay as far away as I could)
I hate when people bash the victim or the victim's family, but I come from a big structured family, and while teens get pregnant and sometimes fall in with a bad crowd, it does not sound to me like Linda Miller's family is doing the greatest job raising children.

Again, I do not mean any disrespect. It is just sad that Linda Miller's young life seemed like a mess to start with, and to me it just seems like she was thrown to the wolves. It strikes me as very tragic.

I hope that the family sees that they have a chance with the baby and hopefully everyone involved in the baby's upbringing works to not repeat the mistakes that were made in Linda's short life.

I know someone who was in juvenile facilities with her. I don't think that makes her any kind of bad person...I'm not implying that at all, but you are right, that learning about life starts with your family and in your early years at home. I don't think she had a very good foundation from the get go and sadly she didn't get a chance to grow up and overcome that upbringing.

From July 2007:

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-jo...cle_c2bb966a-678b-5917-9cc5-a1c91adbad61.html

Brian A. Ethridge, 27, of Hillsboro, pleaded guilty Monday to first-degree murder in the killing of Linda N. Miller, 17, of Fenton, last year.

At a sentencing hearing in Hillsboro, Ethridge admitted to stabbing Miller and leaving her for dead along Windsor Harbor Road in Imperial on May 7, 2005, just days before her 18th birthday.

By pleading guilty to the first-degree murder charge, Ethridge avoided the death penalty and accepted a sentence of life in prison without parole.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back