MO - 12 Boys Accused In Sexual Assault Of 2nd-Grader, St Louis

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
ST. LOUIS -- Twelve boys in the first and second grade at a St. Louis elementary school are accused of sexually assaulting a second-grade girl during recess, authorities said Tuesday.

One teacher who was supposed to be supervising the recess has been fired, and another suspended with pay, school Superintendent Creg Williams said. Ten of the boys, ages 6 to 8, were suspended for the rest of the school year, and the other two received five-day, in-school suspensions.

No names were released.

The girl, who is 8, was unharmed physically but will not return for the rest of the school year. "We don't know what type of emotional scars it will have on the young lady," Williams said.

news story

I just heard this on the news and it makes me sick. I have so many questions as to why these little boys were acting out like this. This poor little girl will never forget being violated. Will the boys face charges?

JMHO

tennessee said:
I just heard this on the news and it makes me sick. I have so many questions as to why these little boys were acting out like this. This poor little girl will never forget being violated. Will the boys face charges?

JMHO
Hi Tennessee,:)
This is from the link that I posted with the story;

Police turned the investigation over to juvenile authorities. A court official said the boys could face misdemeanor counts of sexual misconduct and assault.

Ok, call me stupid, but how is this possible?? My oldest boy is 6 and will be entering the first grade in the fall. I can honestly say that he wouldn't even know what to do in a "sexual" situation. I tell ya, Home School sounds better and better all the time. Prayers to the little girl and her family, as this will ultimately disrupt her relationships for the rest of her life.

L

lauramag said:
Ok, call me stupid, but how is this possible?? My oldest boy is 6 and will be entering the first grade in the fall. I can honestly say that he wouldn't even know what to do in a "sexual" situation. I tell ya, Home School sounds better and better all the time. Prayers to the little girl and her family, as this will ultimately disrupt her relationships for the rest of her life.

L
My housemate was homeschooled, and while smarter than most and extremely bright, he is seriously lacking some social skills that you pick up as a child in public or private schools.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic, but we don't really know the nature of the "sexual" assault, but my guess is a few of these kids picked up some naughty things from their parents or older siblings.

From the article

The girl, who is 8, was unharmed physically

This incident may have been called horseplay a few years back. It very well may have risen to the level of a sexual assault also, there is just not enough information released in that news link to make a determination on this case.

Since it clearly states she was unharmed physically, it is impossible for any of us to make a determination as to what extent things went to, unless someone has more info than what was released so far in this thread.

I would not blame the parents in this case, it is similar to the Houston boy that was raped. In that case I would place blame on the homeowner who not only had the party but also picked them all up and drove them there.
She did not supervise as well as the school did not supervise in this case, it reminds me of the Central park case where the violence escalated because of the pack theory ie a large group of young males.

I guess I do not feel comfortable calling this a sexual assault without knowing more of what really happened. There very well may have been some level of a sexual assault that took place but at this moment in time, since I did not witness the events, horseplay seems more appropriate to me.

IMHO

Wudge said:
Responsible: Parents
I have to agree on this one. I have a five year old and he thinks all girls except mom and his only cousin (girl, same age) have cooties. They do not go into the bathroom together nor do they watch when the other changes clothes. They are too interested in playing with trains or stuffed animals or things like that. What are these kids being exposed to that they would do this.

I remember when I was in Kindergarten, a classmate was chasing me and some other girls telling us he was going to push us down and "kiss you down there". I was scared. I don't remember if we told the teacher or anything about it other than that but 30 years later, I do remember the incident.

This is just so sad.

JMHO

I just heard on a news report that the girl was stripped naked. There was no mention of physical abuse.

I'm guessing that these boys have been allowed to watch TV programs and movies that are inappropriate for their ages. Many parents are too irresponsible and selfish to wait until the kids are in bed to watch material with mature themes. Of course, so much of what is on primetime network channels is has a lot of sexual oontent...

So if she is "unharmed" that means that there was no rape/penetration, right? But I highly doubt she is unharmed psychologically. And what kind of 6 year old is interested in assaulting a little girl? I work in the school system where I live and let me tell you, the kids are wise beyond their years as far as sex goes. We have had kindergarteners who talk about sexual things in a way that we know they have actually seen things. They will tell us their aunt told them. Last year, we had a 7th grade boy who crawled under the desk of his 7th grade girlfriend and was performing oral sex on her when her teacher stepped into the hallway to talk to a team teacher (he left the door open and was only in the doorway). Unbelievable, kids today!

In my experience, the little boy told me what he was going to do after I was pushed down and he was standing over me. I agree that kids are way more sexually knowledgeable than they were when I was in school. I didn't know what the little boy meant and I am not sure he did either; I just knew it was bad.

JMHO

kidzndogznme said:
So if she is "unharmed" that means that there was no rape/penetration, right? But I highly doubt she is unharmed psychologically. And what kind of 6 year old is interested in assaulting a little girl? I work in the school system where I live and let me tell you, the kids are wise beyond their years as far as sex goes. We have had kindergarteners who talk about sexual things in a way that we know they have actually seen things. They will tell us their aunt told them. Last year, we had a 7th grade boy who crawled under the desk of his 7th grade girlfriend and was performing oral sex on her when her teacher stepped into the hallway to talk to a team teacher (he left the door open and was only in the doorway). Unbelievable, kids today!
Okay, that's just scary.

lauramag said:

L

Local culture can make a big difference. This happened in north St. Louis. Parenting there may be different than in your culture.

Might have been "Show me, I'll show you" but you know how there is zero tolerance nowdays.

When questioned, is the girl going to look at the over reacting adults and say "Yes, I agreed to do it"? Doubtful. Kids get scared when adults get angry.

I've seen FAR more sexually aware/promiscuous girls at the skating rink that are pre-teen and already sitting in the boys' laps wiggling their butts to get the boys "hard" than were EVER around when I was a pre teen.

Not to blame the victim - but she wasn't harmed. You can't forcibly take clothing off someone without harming them if they are fighting for all they're worth.

GlitchWizard said:
Might have been "Show me, I'll show you" but you know how there is zero tolerance nowdays.

When questioned, is the girl going to look at the over reacting adults and say "Yes, I agreed to do it"? Doubtful. Kids get scared when adults get angry.

I've seen FAR more sexually aware/promiscuous girls at the skating rink that are pre-teen and already sitting in the boys' laps wiggling their butts to get the boys "hard" than were EVER around when I was a pre teen.

Not to blame the victim - but she wasn't harmed. You can't forcibly take clothing off someone without harming them if they are fighting for all they're worth.

Incredible, I consider this to be exactly or very much what I suspect more than one of the boys parents will say.

Responsible: Parents. No excuses.

Cypros said:
I'm guessing that these boys have been allowed to watch TV programs and movies that are inappropriate for their ages. Many parents are too irresponsible and selfish to wait until the kids are in bed to watch material with mature themes. Of course, so much of what is on primetime network channels is has a lot of sexual oontent...
Bingo! This happens more that you can ever fathom...... :furious:

Wudge said:
When did the parents start patrolling at school?

Responsible; Teachers, that is why they were fired and suspended. A six year old boy can not even contemplate a sexual assault.

Had the children been properly supervised this would have never of happened regardless of parenting skills that we know nothing about. The ball bounces in the court where it belongs.

cammy-g said:

Responsible; Teachers, that is why they were fired and suspended. A six year old boy can not even contemplate a sexual assault.

Had the children been properly supervised this would have never of happened regardless of parenting skills that we know nothing about. The ball bounces in the court where it belongs.

This is a behavior problem.

cammy-g said:

I disagree with this. Parents should never send their kids to school expecting the teacher to raise them. They are to teach academics and if the teachings at home are horrible it will spill over into the classroom. These potential sexual preditors are NOT the only kids needing supervision.

Both the parents and the school are responsible. I'm assuming most of the kids involved 'followed' one or a small number of the kids in the actions that took place. The boy or boys that started it clearly have a problem that whether it was learned at home or elsewhere needs attention. If a child behaves in an objectionable way at home it should be dealt with at home but if it happens at school staff should be watching the children (as is their job) and keeping the children safe.

Oh yeah, the boys are responsible too.

Jubie

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member