GUILTY NH - Michael Deloge, 38, & Kenneth Countie, 24, murdered, Epping, 2005 & 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
The Associated Press

EPPING, N.H. — State investigators are re-examining autopsy results of the chiropractor who left Sheila LaBarre his 115-acre horse farm, a family member said.

"They want to look back at how Dr. LaBarre died to see if there might have been foul play involved," John Melisi, husband of Wilfred LaBarre's daughter, told the Portsmouth Herald. "As part of the entire investigation, they need to take another look at this."

Peter Odom, assistant attorney general, said he couldn't confirm or deny details of the investigation.

Sheila LaBarre is accused of killing, then burning, 24-year-old Kenneth Countie in March. Investigators say they found several burn piles on the farm, one with clothing remnants and another with a bone and tissue. The investigation has widened to include a search for another man whose last known address was the farm.

Story link

A comment was made in the article about the men, and how they would look when they were seen out in public. Some looked like they had been beaten, some had a greenish color and people wondered if they had been poisoned. But they noted that if the men left her, they often went back. I thought it was interesting, considering that is one of the phenomena noted in domestic abuse situations- that the women go back to the abuser.

It's a long article, but good info on the LaBarre case. Much of it was a recap of info that was already released, but some was new to me.
LaBarre will be going before the Grand Jury this week. Of the bone fragments they found, there were three sources "some" of which were human.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2006/07/02/a_woman_her_men_and_a_mystery/

Wow, what a story!!! This should be made into a tv movie except no one would believe it. This woman is evil personified.Worse than a black widow using handicapped people to further her goals.

I mean really evil.....love to know what is the slow poison she was using. It had to be poison as people in relative good health aren't greenish.

A greenish hue usually indicates anemia or liver failure. I couldn't find any poisons that have that symptom though.

bykerladi said:
A greenish hue usually indicates anemia or liver failure. I couldn't find any poisons that have that symptom though.
Maybe it was long term poisoning that caused the liver to fail? I don't know but this woman sounds pure evil.

This is a local case for me and I would say the hubby was most likely killed by Labarre. Here is a link from today's local paper in this case http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080327/NEWS/803270433/-1/NEWS09&sfad=1

LaBarre a serial Killer? Let me know what you think! Epping is about 10 minutes from where I live so I have been following this one. She of course is trying the insanity plea. She murdered her last 2 boyfriands and how she got the ranch is suspicious to me I know that the hubby's kids think he killed him as well. I wonder if anyone she dated made it out alive??....

Edited to add there are several other links on this case on the same page as the story that I have posted if you are interested

I don't think I've ever read about anyone as horrible. I understand they think LaBarre died from natural causes, but it seems strange to me that all her husbands and boyfriends turned greenish before they passed on.

Thanks for the update, LorinMarie. Do you think she has a chance of getting off with the insanity defense?

I really don't think that she will get off via the insanity defense I think she knew that they had solid evidence to convict her so pleading not guilty would not work. I think that in order to commit the crimes that she has she must have screws loose but that she is liable for what she did and should face life in jail. Only time will tell though I guess.

From the articles that I have read numerous people saw her abusing both of her former boyfriends she was very abusive to them. It really ticks me off that no one did anything to stop it. There is all of this testimony of her beating them but I don't see anywhere where these witnesses called the police, now 2 men are dead. If I saw someone bludgeoning another outside in plain view I would be placing a call to the police immediately. If you are afraid you can remain anonymous I just don't get it!

In regard to the hubby that left her the farm they were never legally married but common law. She took on his last name on her own. I do not believe they were even together at the time of his death, so why would he leave her everything when it could have been left to his children? I cannot find any updates on the re investigation of his death but too many things do not add up here for me.

I am also wondering before she moved to the farm where was her residence and have police checked out past residences for evidence of foul play against other parties that we may not know about. She has been violent to all known past lovers there may be more victims. I am going to do some searching and see if I can find any of this information and search to see if there are any missing men in the area that may fit into her pattern

Just as I thought, I wonder how many this woman has really killed!! A new report has come out that there were toes found on Sheila's property belonging to an unidentified man but they are not the toes of either man that she has confessed to killing. I hope that they can find out whom they belong to so that some poor family can have some closure

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=4dc13812-57df-4f23-bdff-5ccee32e9f63

All I can say is WOW.
Thanks for the updates LorinMarie and chronictonic.

The following is a timeline of significant events in the disappearance and apparent murder of Kenneth M. Countie.
  • Feb. 14, 2006: Kenneth M. Countie and Sheila K. LaBarre meet at the Ashworth Hotel in Hampton after making contact over a phone chat line earlier in the month.
  • Feb. 18: LaBarre picks Countie up at his Wilmington, Mass., home.
  • Feb. 24: Countie’s mother, Carolynn Lodge, reports her son missing to Epping police.
  • March 11: LaBarre and Countie are seen in Wal-Mart in Epping. Countie has cuts over his face and burns on his arm.
  • March 17: LaBarre returns to Wal-Mart with Countie, whom she is pushing in a wheelchair. Countie had cuts on his face and hands, his face was “green” and he appeared unable to move on his own.
  • March 23: Lodge files second missing person report.
  • March 24: LaBarre calls Epping police at 1 a.m., crying “hysterically.” She claims Countie raped several young children. She plays tape over the telephone of her interrogating Countie. Countie heard vomiting on tape. Shortly after, LaBarre is heard telling Countie to “stop faking that you fainted.”
  • March 24: Epping police go to LaBarre’s farm at 6 p.m. to check on Countie’s well being. Police notice two burn piles still on fire on the lawn in front of her house. Police spot a piece of bone with flesh on it in one burn pile. LaBarre said the bone belonged to a “rabbit or a pedophile.”
  • March 25: Epping police obtain search warrant for the exterior of LaBarre’s property to look for human remains. When police ask LaBarre where Countie was, LaBarre said: “He’s in the bag.” She referred to a Wal-Mart bag by the burn pile, which contained bone fragments and teeth.
  • March 26: The Major Crimes Unit of the state police becomes part of the investigation.
  • March 27: State police obtain warrant to search LaBarre’s residence. Large amounts of blood are found in kitchen, living room, dining room and both bathrooms. Also found were a buck-knife and notebook with entries in what appear to be LaBarre’s handwriting showing a crude sketch of a body with “incinerated-burned-ashes flushed scatter” written beneath it.
  • March 29: Bones found in Wal-Mart bag confirmed to be human, most likely a male in his 20s. Three teeth also confirmed human.
  • March 31: Police obtain warrant to arrest LaBarre for first-degree murder in Countie’s death.
  • April 2: LaBarre taken into custody in Revere, Mass. She waived extradition to New Hampshire the next day.
  • April 25: Probable cause hearing. Investigation ongoing.

I've always suspected that LaBarre was sexually abused, by the way she included that in her accusations against Countie. Insanity? She will have a hard time proving that under current statutes. Insantity is defined as something like too ill to know that what you are doing is wrong. And LaBarre took steps to cover up her crimes- which indicates that she knew she did something wrong.

The only thing that I see that might indicate she was insane under current statute's is her statement when asked what was in the burn piles- she said a rabbit or a pedophile. She knew what was there, she admitted to it. But by saying a rabbit, it was like she was saying that a pedophile had no more importance than a rabbit that strayed into her yard.

I think she is delusional. I think she really thought they were pedophiles. But on the other hand she continued to conduct businesses, she managed to convince a businessman that he should leave his estate to her, and he never made complaints against her. So insantity, I don't think so.

Didn't I read somewhere that she was still married to her husband when she claimed to be married by common law to the old man?

Wow, what an evil woman. I've never heard about this story until now.

Wow, what an evil woman. I've never heard about this story until now.

I had never heard of it before either!

Unbelievable that people saw Countie bruised and jumping when LaBarre touched him and never called the police.

Seems like she just rolled over people. The fact LE couldn't get an immediate warrant when they found the bone and had to come back the next day seems strange to me. Is this a small town.

First I've heard of this case. People living close by knew of men running from her; people saw the physical state the men were in and nobody contacted police?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back