Man Denied Mother's Day Tote Bag Sues MLB Team

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
This is in the news.

SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A Los Angeles man who was denied a red nylon tote bag during a Mother's Day promotion at an Angels baseball game has filed a sex and age discrimination lawsuit against the team.

The class action claim filed by Michael Cohn alleges that thousands of males and fans under age 18 are entitled to $4,000 in damages each because they were treated unequally at last May's promotion.

Women over 18 received the gifts.

Angel officials said Cohn was the only person who complained about the giveaway and that the team is proud of its promotions.

story link

BillyGoatGruff said:
Whatta crybaby and spoilsport.
and that's being nice. He is an opportunist ~jackass.

JBean said:
and that's being nice. He is an opportunist ~jackass.
Well when he pushes something the size of a bowling ball out of his Whoohoo, then he can get the freakin bag!

bakerprune64 said:
Well when he pushes something the size of a bowling ball out of his Whoohoo, then he can get the freakin bag!
Hi Bakerprune,:)
Great post,thank-you.

heh i would send him a bag with nothing but a picture of a very painful birth lol see if he really wants a mothers day promo from now on.

:laugh:
bakerprune64 said:

:clap: I nominate this for "Post of the day" :clap:

By the way, one of my bowling balls turned 38 today!

montana_16 said:
:laugh:

:clap: I nominate this for "Post of the day" :clap:

By the way, one of my bowling balls turned 38 today!
My bowling balls are 12,10 & 8.

bakerprune64 said:

There are many,many funny people here but you and Marine Mom never fail to crack me up.lol

I don't think there are real grounds for this??

IF honey boy can prove he was declined and IS a MOTHER well then that is discrimination!!

To allow this would be the same as disputing ladies night at a club..
I think the courts have addressed that..

I love it! Where do they come up with monetary figures for this. How does $4,000 compute to the pain and suffering that this a$$ allegedly endured for not getting a nylon tote bag probably worth a couple of bucks????

i dont know 'bout yall, but i think this fella should get the poopoohead of the week award...

bakerprune64 said:

Hey, we musta been pushing 'em out close to around the same time...mine are 12, 9 & 7.

And this guy in this story is the whiny LOSER of the day!! :boohoo:

When sports teams stop giving promotional gifts to fans of any age or gender we will know who to thank.

montana_16 said:
There are many,many funny people here but you and Marine Mom never fail to crack me up.lol
Awww thanks Montana...I'm flattered that you have lumped me into the same caliber of humor as MarinMom:blowkiss:

Good he££! just where does the sue if it moves culture stop?

no doubt this piece is fairly proud of getting his name in the news and is so stupid he doesn't realise what people think of him now. :rolleyes:

bakerprune64 said:
Awww thanks Montana...I'm flattered that you have lumped me into the same caliber of humor as MarinMom:blowkiss:

You're welcome bakerprune64. Without humour we humans could not deal with all the sadness and depair we see and hear about every day.

It is( in my beliefs) a wonderful gift from God. And I just love witty, funnny people.

Sorry folks, guess I got a bit off topic here.

AeroFanRW said:
When sports teams stop giving promotional gifts to fans of any age or gender we will know who to thank.

You have a great point there AeroFanRW. Stupid suits like this could lead to that down the road. That would be awful.

I'm a S.F. Giants fan since I was a kid when they came to S.F. in 1958. I have countless give-aways from games I attended that I love because they bring memories and they're from my team.

Oh my goodness, hats, pins, towels, bags, team member bobble-heads (I have two Willie Mays and Three Willie Mc Covey bobbles that are worth money but I couldn't part with any of them. ) And the list goes on and on.

In fact, my daughters and I are going to the game tomorrow night and they're giving out black and orange wigs. (The Giants team colors). That'll be so much fun. Most the whole crowd sitting around in goofy wigs!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy
Back