UK - Pregnant at 11 years old

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
So sad. :(

A CHAIN-SMOKING schoolgirl told last night how she fell pregnant during a drunken romp — at the age of just 11.

The petite youngster found she was expecting after losing her virginity to a teenager during the boozy one-night stand.
Lighting her third roll-up cigarette and watched by her proud 34-year-old mum, she confessed: “I didn’t think I’d get pregnant because it was my first time.
“But I’m really excited and looking forward to being a mum.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210699,00.html

Where to start - frankly, i'm a bit speechless at present.

her mum's proud of her . . .

edit -- the above link is no longer active, for some reason. please use the following:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/4764417.stm

:( :banghead: :( :banghead: :(

I don't even know what to say.

JMHO

Whoa! Drinking and smoking at such an early age? Where were the parents when all this was happening?

SewingDeb said:
Whoa! Drinking and smoking at such an early age? Where were the parents when all this was happening?

The mother is apparently proud of her. I guess that doesn't say much for her parenting skills. It really is disgusting. She should be ashamed of herself.

A CHAIN-SMOKING schoolgirl told last night how she fell pregnant during a drunken romp — at the age of just 11.

How does one "fell pregnant"? I hope there's a fair bit of outrage in Britain about this. So sick that mum's proud. :sick:

She smokes 20 cigs a day; that's not very good for the baby. The mum has an 8-month-old; large family evidently and will help with the baby.

Some of the comments below the article say the "mum should hang her head in shame", but where is the father? Why was the girl allowed to party in Edinburgh, drinking, smoking, etc. at age 11?

11 years old? 11 YEARS OLD?!?

What the ...?

O.......k..........

What is going on in our world? 11 year olds getting drunk, smoking, and pregnant. Wow.

Ok. i think the 'pride' bit comes in, on re-reading the article, on the fact apparently her daughter didn't opt for abortion.

the mum was upset to start with:

She said: “I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she’d just had my wee brother. I didn’t really talk to her much at the time, either, so that made things even harder.

“We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room then running away to a friend’s.

“It was really hard, but it’s brought me and my mum closer, which is good.”

that's alright then - if it's brought you two closer together. :rolleyes:

what was this woman doing allowing her 11 year-old to run wild? :furious:

Marthatex said:
She smokes 20 cigs a day; that's not very good for the baby. The mum has an 8-month-old; large family evidently and will help with the baby.

Some of the comments below the article say the "mum should hang her head in shame", but where is the father? Why was the girl allowed to party in Edinburgh, drinking, smoking, etc. at age 11?

Apparently the parents split up 'several' years ago - can you say 'deadbeat dad'?

soooooooooo, i guess that means the father of the mother's 8 month-old isn't the father of the 11 year-old and there is another chap on the scene.

Where's the dude who got the 11-year old pregnant? Why is he still free? Why isn't he locked up???

Jeana (DP) said:
Where's the dude who got the 11-year old pregnant? Why is he still free? Why isn't he locked up???

Interesting: they've apparently pulled the story:

PAGE NOT FOUND (404 error)

The page you have requested is not available.

i was going to quote the 15 year-old boy may face charges (they'll be not getting much 'time' for a 15 year-old).

there wasn't much more about him.

i wonder if there's anything else on the net about this?

what would cause them to pull the story?

Update: the BBC has the story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/4764417.stm

in reply to your query, Jeana:

A 15-year-old boy is being prosecuted in connection with the case of a girl who fell pregnant at the age of 11.
The girl from West Lothian - who would become one of the UK's youngest mothers - told a newspaper that she was looking forward to having her child.

The teenage boy is due to appear in court in July charged with rape because of the age of the girl, who is now 12.

here is a picture of the now 12 year-old's bulging belly complete with naval stud. :(

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1171955.gif

from this site: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13523408,00.html

The Mother should be charged right along side the 15 YO.

MrsMush99 said:
The mother is apparently proud of her. I guess that doesn't say much for her parenting skills. It really is disgusting. She should be ashamed of herself.

I agree.....it sounds like this child is being treated as an adult and has been for some time.

Jeana (DP) said:

Jeana,

He has been charged:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006220088,,00.html

A TEENAGE boy has been charged with rape after a 11-year-old girl
became pregnant, police said today.

The 15-year-old is due to appear again on July 10 at Edinburgh sheriff
court having already made a previous appearance, officers said.

The charge came after The Sun exclusively revealed that a West Lothian girl, now aged 12, is set to break the record for being the UK's youngest mother.

sorry to shock you all, but this happens in our own country quite frequently. Being a labor and delivery nurse I have seen this more times than I care to admit. my youngest pt delivered at 10 years old. She claimed she never had sex and didn't even know what sex was. I went through an anatomy lesson with her and she continued to deny "ever seeing a p*nis". I felt horrible for her and was convinced she was abused and had blocked it out. The social worker went in to talk with her and within 5 minutes the girl admitted that she was sexually active since she was 8 years old and the father of the baby was a gang banger want a be that had to get so many girls pregnant in an allotted amount of time as an initiation into this gang. SICK, but it happens here too.

If this girl consented, how is this rape?

tweedledee said:
sorry to shock you all, but this happens in our own country quite frequently. Being a labor and delivery nurse I have seen this more times than I care to admit. my youngest pt delivered at 10 years old. She claimed she never had sex and didn't even know what sex was. I went through an anatomy lesson with her and she continued to deny "ever seeing a p*nis". I felt horrible for her and was convinced she was abused and had blocked it out. The social worker went in to talk with her and within 5 minutes the girl admitted that she was sexually active since she was 8 years old and the father of the baby was a gang banger want a be that had to get so many girls pregnant in an allotted amount of time as an initiation into this gang. SICK, but it happens here too.

Children that age cannot give "consent" legally. The fact that the kid who got her pregnant is also a minor, the consequences to him won't be as bad as they would have been had he been over 18.

Jeana (DP) said:
Sad all the way around, there's no doubt about that.

Absolutely. 100%. There was an article in the Chronicle a few years back about a 10 year old that was pregnant. :eek: :eek: I have no idea how the story ended, just remember the age. Very sad.

tweedledee said:

I had no doubt it also happens in America.

at the age of your example and mine, they are unable to legally (or mentally, IMO) give consent - that is why it's called rape, i believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back