Identified! IA - Council Bluffs, bones in 55-gal barrel, Nov'83 - Lois Fraisonnet

cathieq

Reaction score
If there is a thread on this I can't find it...

"Authorities in western Iowa's Pottawatamie County announced today (Friday) that skeletal remains have been found north of Council Bluffs. Officials say the bones were found May 6 in a fifty-five-gallon barrel located in secluded area..."
http://tinyurl.com/p8ytr

or
http://www.radioiowa.com/site/index.cfm
(1st link on page)

hi, many had thought that they were the remains of amber harris or tracy trilbble. It has been ruled out in both cases however, the remains in a park near by have not. I pray that they result in a negotive conclusion for both, but i still wish the families of the unidentified will find their closure... if you can truly lable it as so...

Apparently, around the area that Tracy Tribble and Jessica o'Grady disappeared from.....

A body has reportedly been found on the Missouri River.

There is no confirmation of these reports yet, but police are on the scene, near the Veteran's Bridge, investigating.

There is no word on whether it is the body of missing Council Bluffs woman Tracy Tribble or UNO student Jessica O'Grady.

We have a crew on the scene and will have more information as it becomes available.

http://www.kptm.com/news/local/2834086.html

In the Amber Harris thread a websleuther made mention of a body of a female being found along a riverbank. I am trying to get more info. Like I posted there, if this is true, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON IN OMAHA???

Ok, according to the Omaha World Herald a body was found near the Veterans Memorial Bridge which "links Council Bluffs and south Omaha". I believe it was found today. Sadly on a separate note, the remains found in Hummel Park were that of Amber Harris (age 12) and her death is being considered a homicide. So now we are waiting on the ID of the bones in the barrel. It is so crazy, sad and upsetting that so much is going on.I posted the following on the Amber Harris thread (Harris kin await word on id of remains):

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, tennessee had inquired if anyone had looked at the photos of those missing in Nebraska listed on my previous post. Here goes (I am including description of the females only because there seems to be some significant similarities between some of the women's physical descriptions):

Sheila Dawn Thompson age 20 missing since October 2005--caucasian, at time of photo--medium length brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'2, slender build; classified as Endangered Missing

Lisa Dixon age 19 missing since October 2005--caucasian, at time of photo-- appears to be medium length brown hair, brown eyes, 5'8, slender build; classified as Missing

Casandra Flynn age 18 missing since June 2005--caucasian, at time of photo--medium length brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'3 larger frame; classified as Missing

Mary Hoesing age 19 missing since June 2005--caucasian, at time of photo--appears to have long brown hair, blue eyes, 5'6, larger frame; classified as Missing

Michelle Lee age 22 missing since October 2005--caucasian,at time of photo--medium length brown hair, brown eyes, 5'7 larger frame; classified as Endangered Missing

Teanna Rock age 18 missing since June 2005--african american, brown hair, brown eyes, 5'4, larger frame; classified as Missing

Mary Ryan age 46 missing since June 2005--caucasian, at time of photo-short brown hair, brown eyes, 5'2 slender build (she looks very young for her age)

I am also adding the following individuals missing from NE:

Mary Howland age 19 missing since November 2003--caucasian, at time of photo short to med length brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'9 larger frame

Melissa Ann Schmidt 15 missing since September 1995--caucasian, at time of photo long brown hair, brown eyes, 5'4 slender build

As we all know, many of the missing leave of their own accord but there are some striking similarities --med to long brown hair, brown eyes and similiar age range. Hopefully all are safe and will return soon.

I can speculate what is going on there. I believe there is perhaps more than one serial killer operating out there. Being a city, I'm sure that there is lots of traffic that flows through there. Perhaps someone is moving through often enough to stay under radar.

I found this blurb: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2174154

"Council Bluffs authorities were investigating the discovery of a body today near the Veteran's Memorial Bridge. The body was found south of the bridge, which links Council Bluffs and south Omaha, according to the police dispatcher. It is not known what time the discovery was made. "

Since it was three sentences didn't just snip anything.

JMHO

I would like to add the following missing females/ young women to my previous post due to their similar characteristics--I used the Official Nebraska Government Website for details:

Samantha Albertson-26 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'03" tall and weighed 200 lbs. She has blonde hair and hazel eyes. --her hair appears long and dark brown in her profile picture. Went Missing- March 2006; Classified as Missing Person - Endangered

[font=Myriad Web, Verdana, Helvetica][size=-1] Andrea Arnold- 16 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'10" tall and weighed 146 lbs. She has brown hair and green eyes. Went Missing-April of 2006--[/size][/font]Classified as a Missing Person.

Katie Bevins- KATIE is a 18 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'01" tall and weighed 125 lbs. She has long brown hair and brown eyes. Went Missing-March of 2006--Classified as a Missing Person.

Regina Bos- REGINA is a 46 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'06" tall and weighed 120 lbs. She has Long brown hair and brown eyes. Went Missing-October of 2000--Classified as a Missing Person ---Involuntary

Page Brooks- PAGE is a 17 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'03" tall and weighed 157 lbs. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Went Missing-March of 2006--Classified as a Missing Person

Pamela Brown- : [font=Myriad Web, Verdana, Helvetica][size=-1]PAMELA is a 36 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'11" tall and weighed 160 lbs. She has brown hair and hazel eyes. Went Missing-February of 2005--Classified as Missing Person- Disability[/size][/font]

[font=Myriad Web, Verdana, Helvetica][size=-1]Nataly Carrascosa-Cabrera NATALY is a 17 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'05" tall and weighed 135 lbs. She has black hair and brown eyes. Went Missing-February 2006--Classified as Missing Person[/size][/font]

[font=Myriad Web, Verdana, Helvetica][size=-1]Mattie Burns- MATTIE is a 27 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'07" tall and weighed 125 lbs. She has black hair. Went Missing-February 2002--Classified as Missing Person Endangered[/size][/font]

Kathryn Crocker- KATHRYN is a 16 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'04" tall and weighed 195 lbs. She has brown hair and blue eyes. Went Missing-April 2006--Classified as a Missing Person

Maria Ghilardi- MARIA is a 25 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'00" tall and weighed 115 lbs. She has black hair and brown eyes; Went Missing-July 2003--Classified as Missing Person- Endangered
Victoria Gosch- VICTORIA is a 18 year old white female. At the time of her disappearance, she was 5'06" tall and weighed 130 lbs. She has brown hair and hazel eyes. Went Missing-December 2005--Classified as Missing Person

I am really tired right now...kind of obsessed with the missing but need some sleep. If anyone has anything to add please do.. I have a lot more to post, unfortunately...

Lilsister, in regards to the remains found in a barrel, this is from the link I posted and may assist you:

Pottawattamie County Attorney Matt Wilber noted that the remains were completely skeletonized, indicating they had been in the barrel for years. “Whether it is five years or 20, we don’t know,” he said.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14605710.htm

Edited to add:
Forensics experts estimate that the woman was between 24 and 32 years old and about 5 feet, 8 inches tall. She probably was white with short, straight brown hair. She wore size 11 jeans.

Bennett said authorities think the woman was in the military at one time.

Thanks for the info, mysteriew. I was not aware that the remains were fully skeletonized. Can I set up a separate thread for the missing females in Nebraska? Thanks if you can help, I am pretty new to the site.

Please disregard my previous post, Christine2448 already started a new thread.

Dead Man Is Ex-Husband Of Woman Found In Barrel
A man found dead near a downtown Omaha apartment building committed suicide, and was once married to a woman whose body was found in barrel in Council Bluffs, Iowa, last May. more at link http://www.ketv.com/news/10334859/detail.html

wow... they closed this case and found out some extraordinary things! This is so very sad for the poor woman who was murdered. :(

I think this is Tracy Tribble.

Tribble+Homicide.jpg

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/3520586.html

Updated: 7:13 PM Aug 8, 2006
Stan Tribble Arrested
Accused of wife's murder
Three months after his wife Tracy's body was pulled from the Missouri River, Stan Tribble is under arrest for her murder.
Last week the Pottawattamie County Attorney indicated that Tracy Tribble had three fractures on her face that could have been caused by a fist. The results also suggested that she was thrown into the river from a bridge.

Police had been asking anyone who had seen something suspicious on a Missouri River bridge to come forward. They believe Tribble was thrown into the river late night May 2nd or early the morning of May 3rd.

Posted: 10:21 AM Aug 8, 2006

STATE v. TRIBBLE

STATE of Iowa, Appellee, v. Stanley Alan TRIBBLE, Appellant.

No. 07-1563.

-- October 29, 2010

Tracy's whereabouts remained a mystery until May 19, 2006, when her unclad body was found floating face down near the Iowa shore of the Missouri River in Council Bluffs, about four to five miles from her home. It was located in an area of the shore where debris from the river had accumulated.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ia-supreme-court/1543164.html

Another Tracy Tribble thread elsewhere on Websleuths:
Found Deceased IA - Tracy Tribble, 35, Council Bluffs, May 2006 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It is, the same article posted here also appeared in Tracy's missing persons thread.

thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back