TN - Jonathan Goodrum & Kristina Sawyer for rape of newborn, McKenzie, 2006

OH MY GOSH!!! What the heck is wrong with people these days? Actually, people who behave like this cannot possibly be human. They have to be part animal or possessed or something. Unbelievable! I think I am going to puke.

I don't get this one. The baby was raped while in the hospital and at 1 day old. I seriously doubt if the mother was involved at all. Especially since she had just given birth.

I don't know how well the police investigated this one. They charged the parents because the hospital staff was eliminated? What about DNA? What about anyone else of the street getting in to see the baby? What about a perverted staff member?

Would not doubt if this story ends up with some twists and turns. It does not feel right.

Becba said:
I don't get this one. The baby was raped while in the hospital and at 1 day old. I seriously doubt if the mother was involved at all. Especially since she had just given birth.

I don't know how well the police investigated this one. They charged the parents because the hospital staff was eliminated? What about DNA? What about anyone else of the street getting in to see the baby? What about a perverted staff member?

Would not doubt if this story ends up with some twists and turns. It does not feel right.

I totally agree. I was thinking those same things after reading this.

This is sick for sure.......I also can't imagine just giving birth to a baby then raping it........makes no sense. Should of given them both lie detector tests.

I can't even read the link because it will honestly make me sick. Just tell me is the baby going to be okay?

These reports don't make any sense to me either. I am having a hard time believing this actually happened.

We need to learn, as Paul Harvey says, "the rest of the story."

This baby is six weeks old, I'll be glad when the rest of the story surfaces. This as it is, is very disturbing.

Maybe 2sisters can keep us posted with updates.

Rachael said:
I can't even read the link because it will honestly make me sick. Just tell me is the baby going to be okay?
-------------------------

Hi Rachael.It sounds as though the baby is going to be alright. She is with family,no contact with parents.The rape evidently was in the rear,not vaginal area.It sounds like mom may have had nothing to do with the assault.This man(?) should spend the rest of his life in prison..They said the hospital workers have been cleared.

I would like to know HOW the hospital workers were cleared.

Something doesn't sit right with me...

Regardless, my heart breaks for this little baby!!

lisag said:

I agree with all of you that said that something just doesn't seem "right" with this story. Until it's all sorted out, better safe than sorry - I'm glad that the child is with another family member in the meantime. This couple is very young and the article states that they live in a Value 8 motel, (not that either of those things makes you a child rapist), but they don't sound like parents in the most stable of conditions at this point in time.

I can see how it could have been done. When you have a baby, they allow you to "bond" with the baby and allow you to feed it. All they had to do was wait for her to be brought in by the nurse and do it. I can't see how someone didn't notice the child SCREAMING though. I'm sure they're used to babies crying in that area of the hospital, but shouldn't someone have noticed a difference in the "type" of cry it was? :confused:

lisag said:

My thoughts as well. Something is 'off' here.

Jeana (DP) said:
I can't see how someone didn't notice the child SCREAMING though. I'm sure they're used to babies crying in that area of the hospital, but shouldn't someone have noticed a difference in the "type" of cry it was? :confused:
If the child was only one day old, it's possible that the cry was too quiet to hear it with the door closed. When my children were newborns, turning on the tv at a normal volume would have drowned out the sound of their cries.

JerseyGirl said:
If the child was only one day old, it's possible that the cry was too quiet to hear it with the door closed. When my children were newborns, turning on the tv at a normal volume would have drowned out the sound of their cries.

You're probably right about that JerseyGirl. Very very sad indeed. I cannot believe anyone could look at a one-day old baby and see a sexual being. Just cannot.

JerseyGirl said:
Well when my oldest was born, I could here her screaming from the other end of the hospital floor when they took off her diaper to change it. She HATED being naked when she was a baby and she surely let you know it. I had the nurses leave her in the room with me during the night, and everytime she made a peep, the nurses were right there to see if I needed help. I can't imagine that this would happen in the hospital room and the mother not "be a part of it" or nobody hearing that different cry.

Knowing these animals they probably covered the baby's mouth. Sick pigs....

Here is my problem.....

THe hospital reported it ... Of course they HAD to incase of further health problems ...WHich I don't understand how there could NOT be.

That being said ... if a hospital worker was involved it would be easy for them to cover themselves and the hospital may well do the same if it thought it was an employee.. Then they call the police and report it??
Its pretty damn easy to blame a practically homeless teenager.

I dont see how the parents would ever have the oppurtunity. First off the article did not indicate other children so I must assume their hospital maternity ward experience is minimal..
Come on moms.... they come in and out of your room ALL the time!!

I think it is more likely that some hospital employee who is in the position to know schedules, take babies without question for a time, and cover their own butts is more likely.

For that matter.... in light of no serious life threatening health issue, which I can't imagine if this took place as described ..I wonder if it was a sexual thing at all??
I mean possibly some new nurse took the babies temp wrong and caused injury?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back