OH - Missing Osu Students

Dex

Reaction score
Im posting this because I find it too coincidentally all these OSU students are coming up missing. I started my research with Tony Luzio from Powell, OH (close to columbus, while he was not a student, his description is similar) , and am starting to wonder after Brian Shaffer and now this new guy Hiroshi Hayashi . Is it more of a coincidence that OSU's student database was hacked into, with information as far back as 2001 being accessed? Do we have a serial killer ravaging the streets of Columbus targetting students, or more specifically does this person know all of these people? Weeks ago I saw a report of a woman who was raped, by apparently the taxi driver who dropped her off last..........What is going on up there?? Are these linked? If anyone knows of any other cases in this area please post them under this thread.

http://www.wbns10tv.com/?sec=home&story=10tv/content/pool/200605/525318600.html

I don't believe there is a connection. OSU is a large campus. Strange things happen on university campuses all of the time. I am a recent grad of Michigan State Unversity. While I was there, we had two students disappear, several suicides, at least four murders (none of them on campus), lots of rapes, student athletes ramming police cars then alluding police, a body found in the river that runs through campus and several suicides. Oh, and who can forget about the riots? (Though I was not on campus yet when this happened.) I think it's just the nature of college towns. OSU has lots of people coming and going and unfortunately right now it seems as though they've had a run of bad luck. I hope all of these cases you've mentioned will be solved and have happy endings.

Did someone hack into your student databases knowing classes, addresses, times, etc etc of ALL the students and access those records as far back as 2001?

Our student databases had been hacked into several time, yes. We received messages several times saying that some of our personal info might have been compromised. In a few instances, student ID numbers and such had to be reissued because it wasn't known what the hackers had access to. The last time this happened (that I recall) was in 2004, I think. MSU also has something I call "Stalker Net". You can look up any student or faculty who attends/works there and get their address, phone number, major, etc. I know other schools have this too. I don't know if OSU does.

Hmmm, I know back in the day when i got into computers I figured out how to telnet into some kind of database. We used to mess with the whole block on port 25 and some guy I know showed me how to use osu's server. Turns out you change a few things and boom your were in their database. Didn't list much, just home/school addresses, classes, teachers...nothing pertinent like SS#'s. Then I noticed the WARNING: Unathorized Access will be prosecuted and got the hell outta there LOL. years later tried just out of curiousity and they blocked it. If their security on this was as good as that, no wonder why.

See Popovich went to Pickerington too, even though they indicted that Saleh guy I don't believe they ever charged him. All I could find was something about him going to TX for rape charges and that was the end of the news on that. I looked him up in Franklin's COC and seen a warrant after the rape charges were dropped, and they reopened the case, but thats it. Almost makes me wonder if he wasn't telling the truth about not being involved in the murder. He admitted having sex with her........but that doesn't mean he necessarily killed her, wonder if there isn't something more "Serial" going on there.

Hacking into school databases isn't that uncommon from what I gather. There is so much personal info on those sites and most people who try aren't doing it just for fun. Those sites are usually more guarded than the ones with addresses and class info on them, but if you really know computers you can figure out how to do it.

I didn't know Julie had a connection to Pickerington too. Do serial killers usually vary their victims male/female? If they are connected (which I don't believe at this time), maybe there is someone from Pickerington who has a vendetta. I just don't see it.

Just to quickly clarify:

Ohio University was hacked into, not Ohio State.

Brian graduated from PHS in '97; Hayashi in '01 or '02; and Julie Popovich in '02 or '03.

Brian once helped me in a car accident, I went golfing once with all of the Hayashi men (his older brother and I were friends - Hiroshi was probably 10 at the time, but an incredibly gifted golfer), and I knew Julie very well, I just can't seem to recall when she graduated. And before you ask, I had nothing to do with anything, I promise!

My point is, all three only share minor similarities - all three went to PHS, went to OSU, and went missing in campus area. Their ages are all different and their personalities vastly different.

Missing OSU student found alive in Tennessee

Tuesday, May 16, 2006
The Columbus Dispatch

Hiroshi Hayashi, the Ohio State University student missing since Thursday, was found alive in Tennessee today, the victim of a kidnapping, an OSU official said.
Police are planning to reveal more details about Hayashi's condition and how he was found during a news conference on the OSU campus this afternoon.

Hayashi, 21, a junior from Grove City, was reported missing over the weekend when family and friends said he didn't appear at classes or at a Saturday event he helped organize.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/news-story.php?story=186353

Yes I saw that and was excited for their family. However I can't figure out how he was abducted by force in broad daylight and no one saw anything suspicious? No yelling or anything?

I even called this one out...........call it that gut instinct...He aint too old, his momma should turn him over her knee :furious: Im gonna call that he met someone online, they wouldn't bring him home, and this was the only way he could get a free ride home.......

Police: Missing OSU Student Admits To Lying About Abduction

21-Year-Old Was Second OSU Student To Go Missing Recently

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/9225712/detail.html

POSTED: 3:00 pm EDT May 16, 2006

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- An Ohio State University student reported missing by his family told police in Tennessee he had freed himself from abductors, but later admitted that his story was a lie, authorities said.

Hiroshi Hayashi, 21, of suburban Grove City, was jailed Tuesday in Athens, Tenn., on a charge of filing a false report, said Rick Amweg, assistant chief of the OSU police.

Hayashi told Athens police that he had been taken by force from the OSU campus Thursday and driven to Tennessee, where he managed to escape, Amweg said.

But investigators found inconsistencies in his story, and Hayashi confessed to making it up, Amweg said.

Ohio State police detectives plan to talk to Hayashi to determine how he got to a Tennessee town that's 400 miles south of Columbus and what happened to him during the five days he was missing.

He hadn't used his credit cards or checked his e-mail since Thursday, Amweg said, and police found his car in an Ohio State parking lot.

"We have no indication at all as to why this may have occurred," Amweg said.

Hayashi's relatives also planned to travel to Tennessee to speak with him, Amweg said. His disappearance prompted family members to issue tearful, public pleas for help finding him.

Gary Kidder, an FBI special agent in Knoxville, confirmed Hayashi changed his story when talking to agents. But Kidder did not have details about the student's statement, including the reason why he first reported being kidnapped.

A junior majoring in computer information science, Hayashi appeared distraught when he walked into the Athens police station wearing the same clothes -- jeans, shirt and wind breaker -- that he was reported to be wearing when he disappeared, officers said.

He was examined at a hospital but didn't appear to be injured.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9229888/detail.html

Could someone really be that embaressed to admit why they left? Most people who are going to kill themselves, dont take road trips, plan ahead, and stay in motels before they do it. He could have gotten a hotel room in columbus and did the same thing. He is still not telling the truth about his time in TN.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back