'Survivor' Hatch gets 51 months in prison

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12818163/

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Richard Hatch, who won $1 million in the debut season of "Survivor," was sentenced Tuesday to 51 months in prison for failing to pay income taxes on his reality TV prize and other earnings.

Hatch, 45, was convicted in January. The charges carried a maximum of 13 years in prison.

--> more at link

I can't imagine why the fool ever thought he could get away with not paying the taxes on this prize to begin with. What a bone head.

Liz said:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12818163/

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Richard Hatch, who won $1 million in the debut season of "Survivor," was sentenced Tuesday to 51 months in prison for failing to pay income taxes on his reality TV prize and other earnings.

Hatch, 45, was convicted in January. The charges carried a maximum of 13 years in prison.

--> more at link
I wonder if he's still willing to run around naked all day??:eek:

bakerprune64 said:
I wonder if he's still willing to run around naked all day??:eek:

Wouldn't surprise me!:D He's probably one of the few that will enjoy his incarceration.

The IRS is one group you don't want to mess around with. RH is not a stupid man. I think he knew what he was doing was illegal and was just making whateve excuse he could. Time to face the consequences Richard!

Whatever happened with his adopted son? Wasn't their some domestic violence there?

JMHO

jilly said:
Wouldn't surprise me!:D He's probably one of the few that will enjoy his incarceration.
Probably be dropping the soap on purpose:hand:

bakerprune64 said:
Probably be dropping the soap on purpose:hand:
:slap: That was bad bakerprune....but funny! LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

deandaniellws said:
:slap: That was bad bakerprune....but funny! LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Me Baaaad, I feel so misunderstood:p

The judge said that he gave Hatch a harsh sentence because it was very obvious that he did nothing but lie on the stand. What an idiot. Why wouldn't you apologize, repent and set up a payment plan to pay back taxes, penalties, etc. After all, this was money that he won on a show and wouldn't have had otherwise.

Couldn't have happened to anyone more deserving!

Now lets see what Survivor REALLY means!

Lynie

I agree Hatch is an idiot (and I loved him on Survivor).

But the gay-guy-loves-prison stuff isn't very funny. Last I heard, gay men tend to become rape victims in prison. Hatch may get some protection because he is a quasi-celebrity, but dropping the soap - in prison - isn't funny.

How 'bout we have several hundred women-get-raped jokes and then go back to laughing at men getting raped?

I didn't think so.

Nova said:
I agree Hatch is an idiot (and I loved him on Survivor).

But the gay-guy-loves-prison stuff isn't very funny. Last I heard, gay men tend to become rape victims in prison. Hatch may get some protection because he is a quasi-celebrity, but dropping the soap - in prison - isn't funny.

How 'bout we have several hundred women-get-raped jokes and then go back to laughing at men getting raped?

I didn't think so.

Oh Nova...I think you are right...I just really didn't like him on the show (although he played it well...obviously!) and so kinda think having to follow a bunch of rules on someone elses time is going to be quite an adjustment for him...and there is no real prize at the end!

Lynie

Do they send you to a violent prison for tax evasion? I was wondering what type of jail/prison he would be going to. I hope he's not in with murderers and rapists, and seems hardly fair to me.

Nova said:
...the gay-guy-loves-prison stuff isn't very funny...
I personally don't like any of jokes about anyone getting hurt or raped in prison, even if it is about convicted murderers. I find it very distasteful.

I had read that Hatch was in protective custody (or something like that). So, perhaps, that will be how he serves his sentence.

I never liked the guy. He always seemed way too arrogant. Plus, walking around naked was absolutely gross!!

nanandjim said:
I personally don't like any of jokes about anyone getting hurt or raped in prison, even if it is about convicted murderers. I find it very distasteful.

I had read that Hatch was in protective custody (or something like that). So, perhaps, that will be how he serves his sentence.

I never liked the guy. He always seemed way too arrogant. Plus, walking around naked was absolutely gross!!

I understand, Nan. I liked him because he seemed to be the first to figure out that Survivor is a game. He started out in Pulau bossing people around, then quickly figured out that wasn't going to fly (as opposed to most people who insisted on "being themselves" no matter the cost). It was as though he was the only grown up on an island of children.

But this IRS business baffles me. I really can't imagine what he thought he was doing, but it obviously didn't work on the judge.

I have to agree with Nova..

It wasn't funny. Would it be ok to say a black or disabled person deserves that treatment in jail?

I am all for some child molestor being mocked and do wish that he in prison has some big Man named Bubba call him his B****
But that is based upon my desire that said child molestor be made to feel degraded as he did his victim.

tennessee said:
The IRS is one group you don't want to mess around with. RH is not a stupid man. I think he knew what he was doing was illegal and was just making whateve excuse he could. Time to face the consequences Richard!

Whatever happened with his adopted son? Wasn't their some domestic violence there?

JMHO
Here's a link obout the DV incident. It looked like the child abuse allegations were unfounded.

lynie said:
Couldn't have happened to anyone more deserving!

Now lets see what Survivor REALLY means!

Lynie
:laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Another indivdual who thinks he is smarter than everyone else.. couldn't happen to a more deserving guy...
Not only did he not pay taxes but he siphoned off funds that he had set up for the charity he set up.. dumb not I take that back just egotistical enough to think he'd outsmart everyone... mayube he thought he was still playing the game :doh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back