Pat Robertson Talks to God Again....

HeartofTexas

Reaction score
It seems like good ol' Pat is once again having a one-on-one with God.

Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The Rev. Pat Robertson says God has told him that storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network has told viewers of "The 700 Club" that the revelations came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

He added specifics in Wednesday's show.

"There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest," he said."

It seems like God would have been more specific with Pat than just "there well may be a tsunami", doesn't it? And when I hear Pat say "If I heard the Lord right about 2006, it makes me wonder if they were on a cell phone and Pat experienced one of those "can you hear me" moments?

http://www.wftv.com/news/9235304/detail.html

I really do think old Pat is just plain crazy! I wonder if he has a lot of followers anymore, does anyone know?

Tsunami: a very large ocean wave caused by an underwater earthquake or volcanic eruption.

Hurricane: A severe tropical cyclone originating in the equatorial regions of the Atlantic Ocean or Caribbean Sea or eastern regions of the Pacific Ocean, traveling north, northwest, or northeast from its point of origin, and usually involving heavy rains. (www.answers.com)

Forgive me if I sound like a ding a ling, but has America ever been hit by a tsunami? For that matter, is it possible?

I don't really know who he is but from reading reports about him he's fond of putting his foot in his mouth and making predictions isn't he?

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

LOL .... sounds to me like good 'ole Pat didn't hear the Lord at all ... he heard "The Weather Channel" just like the rest of us!

BhamMama said:
Forgive me if I sound like a ding a ling, but has America ever been hit by a tsunami? For that matter, is it possible?

I don't really know who he is but from reading reports about him he's fond of putting his foot in his mouth and making predictions isn't he?
According to this guy, yes:

By David Pacchioli
Research/Penn State

This question gained currency after the catastrophic Sumatran earthquake and tsunami of December 2004. Nine months later interest in tsunamis was all but washed away by the deadly Gulf Coast hurricanes, Katrina and Rita.

The natural tendency to shift attention to the next big thing already has impacted the worldwide tsunami recovery effort, said Penn State geophysicist Kevin Furlong. It also may obscure a significant danger closer to home.

"Do we have a potential tsunami hazard in the U.S.?" Furlong asked. "Unfortunately, the answer is yes -- big time."

Undersea landslides triggered by small earthquakes could generate localized tsunamis along the coast of southern California -- but also, he noted, along the east coast. A volcanic landslide in the Canary Islands, British scientists have predicted, could produce a giant tsunami that would wreak havoc as far as Florida.

But Furlong's biggest concern is the so-called Cascadia Subduction Zone, a 600-mile fault formed by the meeting of two tectonic plates off the Pacific coast between northern California and central Vancouver Island. "At some point this area will host an earthquake and tsunami comparable in size to what happened in December in Sumatra," he said flatly. "And when it happens, we can expect a similar pattern of devastation."

Link:http://live.psu.edu/story/14499

BhamMama said:
Tsunami: a very large ocean wave caused by an underwater earthquake or volcanic eruption.

Hurricane: A severe tropical cyclone originating in the equatorial regions of the Atlantic Ocean or Caribbean Sea or eastern regions of the Pacific Ocean, traveling north, northwest, or northeast from its point of origin, and usually involving heavy rains. (www.answers.com)

Yes. In 1964.

http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/64quake.htm

I have watched shows about this on Discovery. It was catastrophic. There is also thought to have been a major tsunami at another time in a cove in Alaska. I forget the exact place. You can actually see a disturbance in the tree line of the mountains around the cove. The theory is that a large section fell off an iceberg and that it was large enough to cause a tsunami.

It is not unlikely that another will happen sometime. However, I will have to ask my cat and find the exact date.;)

JMHO

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Whatever Pat. :slap:

tennessee said:
Yes. In 1964.

I have watched shows about this on Discovery. It was catastrophic. There is also thought to have been a major tsunami at another time in a cove in Alaska. I forget the exact place. You can actually see a disturbance in the tree line of the mountains around the cove. The theory is that a large section fell off an iceberg and that it was large enough to cause a tsunami.

It is not unlikely that another will happen sometime. However, I will have to ask my cat and find the exact date.;)

JMHO

thanks for the info, tennessee....i think i saw a documentary on this, awhile back.....

i'm also interested to hear what your cat has to say :D

Well, yesterday he was having one of his money drives. He was trying to raise $300,000 in an hour. I didn't see if he made it or not. He just about drives me crazy. I only get one channel here, so if I want to watch tv at 10 in the morning, he's all that's on. EEGADS!!!!!!

tennessee said:
Yes. In 1964.

JMHO
Thank you for that info! I'd also like to know what your cat has to say...for research reasons of course lol

I think the cat has just as good a chance of having talked with God recently as Pat does. Probably more.

BhamMama said:
[

?

Hi BhamaMama...When I was little, early 60's we went to Cresent City CA a couple of days after a tsunami or tidal wave hit...the one talked about in an earlier post. I remember stuff everywhere!

In Oregon, all of our coastal towns have to have a tsunami warning system. Evacuation routes are posted on the streets and in hotel rooms. The towns occasionally have drills as well, not where they evacuate the citizens/visitors but the emergency preparedness folks.

It certainly isn't something to be frightened about but instead aware of. Our local news will update the tsunami potential whenever there is an earthquake in the Pacific Rim...

Lynie

Well, just asked kitty and she said she didn't ask the big guy about that. She was more concerned about advice on catching that rascally bunny in our yard.:doh:

What is really scary is that when Pat goes on to his final reward, he has a look a like son that will take over. :eek:

I watch those Discovery/Science/History Channel specials too. Here is a reference I found:

http://apsn.awcable.com/1964.htm

Here's the section on tsunamis:
<H3>WATER WAVES
Much of the damage and most of the lives lost were due to the effects of water waves. These were mainly of two kinds: the tsunami of open-ocean sea wave, generated by large-scale motion of the sea floor; and the local wave, generated by underwater landslides in bays of fiords. The 1964 Alaska tsunami was the second largest ever recorded, again following only the one caused by the 1960 Chile earthquake (4 meters at Sitka). Of the 119 deaths attributable to the effects of the ocean, about one-third were due to the open-ocean tsunami: 4 at Newport Beach, Oregon; 12 at Crescent City, California; and about 21 in Alaska. Local waves claimed at least 82 lives. Maximum height reported for these waves were 70 meters in Valdez Arm. Seiches, a sort of sloshing of water back and forth in a small body of water like a boat harbor or swimming pool, were observed as far away as Louisiana where a number of fishing boats were sunk. Oscillations in the height of water in wells were reported from as far away as South Africa.
As to Pat Robertson, he's slipping. It's a given that we are going to have a hurricane hit somewhere in the US this year, and a possibility of an earthquake that could casue a Tsunami. He did say that God told him it was a possibility.​
</H3>

I saw one of those docs about tsunami in the Northwest. They interviewed a man and his son who had been fishing in one of the fjords when a local landslide-caused tsunami struck.

The wave carried their boat ABOVE trees that were 100 feet tall and left them on a mountainside. Amazingly, both survived.

This wasn't an ancient event, obviously, but within our lifetimes.

I wonder how lining Pat's pockets will prevent a Tsunami?

Since meterologists have been saying for the past month and a half that this is a possibility, if I were Pat Roberson, I'd ask God to talk to me earlier in the year, so that it would actually be a "scoop."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back