Suspended for singing

BhamMama

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=79998

The parents of five Gwinnett County teens are still shaking their heads in disbelief after the girls found themselves abruptly suspended from school for singing a Spice Girls song.

Not only that, they were also barred from going to their graduation celebration.

The 8th graders at Five Forks Middle School are just days away from their big end-of-the-year celebration. But straight-A student Rachel Lowe won’t be there. Neither will four of her closest friends.

Yeah it's not the nicest song out there but geesh!

I would think that whoever was in charge of the event would have gotten some idea of what each act was going to do before they got on stage.

Is there a permanent full moon lately? What's wrong with people? I bet this principal probably from the same generation that rebelled against their parents by listening to Elvis.

Lover is NOT a charged word. The Beatles used it in God knows how many songs. Just because the principal's mind is in the gutter when she hears the word "lover" doesn't mean that these young children's are!!!

What did she want them to change the word to? Brother? Mother? Other? This person is an idiot.

Jeana (DP) said:
I'd be throwing the biggest fit that school district ever saw. This isn't right.

Jeana I agree...
Here is another issue I have with this ...
This was a talent show ... I am positive that regular school appropriate dress wasn't adhered to .. ( baton twirlers wore Leotards etc)

So if they are going to enforce school policy then it needs to be across the board.
Sounds to me like this prinicipal has some other issue and used this as an excuse.
Why did she not speak to the parents of these girls that evening if she was so upset?

It's becoming very obvious to me lately that all schools in each state believe that they are above the law, they make their own rules, and according to them it is always the student or parents fault.

txsvicki said:
It's becoming very obvious to me lately that all schools in each state believe that they are above the law, they make their own rules, and according to them it is always the student or parents fault.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Don't even get me going on schools and teachers right now. :furious: I called my son's high school principal a "power-hungry little man" the other day, and I meant it! :eek: I regret it now, but boy, did he deserve it then! I wont get into it, but believe me, he Really deserved it.

My youngest son's talent show is Fri. night and on Thur. they had a rehearsel, I would think these girls had one too? Why did this not get "caught" at a rehersel? I think what happened is that whoever was in charge of this talent show did not think the lyrics where a problem...until the pricipal was mad.. and then, the talent show leader said "but, I told them to change the lyrics" to save her butt.

Way over the top punishment in my opinion. Power hungry school officials really burn my butt! :furious:

I would be livid. My oldest is graduating in two weeks and everyday he tells me that the school is threatining the Seniors about "if they do this or that" they can not attend the ceremony. Just pisses me off. Leave them the heck alone, unless it is a major infraction. GRRRRRR

It might be a good time for all the parents at that school to home school from now on. Who wants their kids being taught by morons , anyway ?:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back