Caught on film: Britney baby bobble feeds tabloid turmoil

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link
Friday, May 19, 2006; Posted: 2:13 p.m. EDT (18:13 GMT)

"06/18/2006";
vert.britney1.splash.jpg
Britney Spears stumbles outside New York's Ritz-Carlton Hotel on Thursday...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Britney Spears stumbled outside a Manhattan hotel, nearly dropping her 8-month-old son and further fueling the ever-growing media scrutiny of her parenting skills.

In photos splashed across the front page and inside the New York Post on Friday, the 24-year-old pop star is shown exiting The Ritz-Carlton hotel with Sean Preston in one hand and a glass in the other.

As her bodyguards walked Spears to her car, she stumbled -- her long pants apparently getting tangled in her open-toed shoes -- and bent low as Sean Preston's head flung backward, knocking off his orange hat.

Spears, though, was able to keep her balance and hold on to her son, with help from a bodyguard, who reacted quickly.

A call to Spears' publicist Friday seeking comment was not immediately returned.

The baby bobble was the latest public incident involving the safety of Spears' child. Earlier this week, she was photographed driving with Sean Preston in a car seat facing forward. Some safety regulations say children's car seats should face backward.

Spears, who recently announced that she's pregnant with her second child, was visited by a sheriff's deputy at her home in Malibu, California, last month after Sean Preston slipped from his nanny's arms as she was lifting him from a high chair and something in the chair snapped.

In February, authorities visited Spears' home after photos showed the singer in a car with her son in her lap, instead of being strapped to a car seat in the back seat. She first blamed pursuits by the paparazzi, but later said it was a "mistake."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New York Post

P.S.
I am only the messenger of this article.................................

someone needs to intervene and require that this "mother" take parenting classes. so far she is treating this child like he is "bling". i am aghast :furious: at the way she show NO Concern for his welfare.

britney, you are a mothher now, act your age, not your IQ.

dark_shadows said:
news link
Friday, May 19, 2006; Posted: 2:13 p.m. EDT (18:13 GMT)

"06/18/2006";
vert.britney1.splash.jpg
Britney Spears stumbles outside New York's Ritz-Carlton Hotel on Thursday...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Britney Spears stumbled outside a Manhattan hotel, nearly dropping her 8-month-old son and further fueling the ever-growing media scrutiny of her parenting skills.

In photos splashed across the front page and inside the New York Post on Friday, the 24-year-old pop star is shown exiting The Ritz-Carlton hotel with Sean Preston in one hand and a glass in the other.

As her bodyguards walked Spears to her car, she stumbled -- her long pants apparently getting tangled in her open-toed shoes -- and bent low as Sean Preston's head flung backward, knocking off his orange hat.

Spears, though, was able to keep her balance and hold on to her son, with help from a bodyguard, who reacted quickly.

A call to Spears' publicist Friday seeking comment was not immediately returned.

The baby bobble was the latest public incident involving the safety of Spears' child. Earlier this week, she was photographed driving with Sean Preston in a car seat facing forward. Some safety regulations say children's car seats should face backward.

Spears, who recently announced that she's pregnant with her second child, was visited by a sheriff's deputy at her home in Malibu, California, last month after Sean Preston slipped from his nanny's arms as she was lifting him from a high chair and something in the chair snapped.

In February, authorities visited Spears' home after photos showed the singer in a car with her son in her lap, instead of being strapped to a car seat in the back seat. She first blamed pursuits by the paparazzi, but later said it was a "mistake."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New York Post

P.S.
I am only the messenger of this article.................................
After looking at this lastest pic, wonder if it was Britney that dropped the baby before and not the nanny......hummmm
She looks like she's out of it....:eek:

I might get flamed for saying this- but I'm glad I'm not Brittany Spears right now. Her every move is caught on tape. She can't even trip on the sidewalk without it being all over CNN. I think this is getting out of hand. :slap: :truce:

There is a whole other thread on UP TO THE MINUTE devoted to Britney and our thoughts!

Listen up Heather McCartney ... now THIS is media intrusion on your life.

mssheila said:
I might get flamed for saying this- but I'm glad I'm not Brittany Spears right now. Her every move is caught on tape. She can't even trip on the sidewalk without it being all over CNN. I think this is getting out of hand. :slap: :truce:

I agree! I have never been a fan of Brittany Spears and her self-exploitation but this is going too far.

mssheila said:
I agree, I think the media has a field day with her b/c she is just so skanky. Who among us hasn't dropped their children before or had some kind of accident. Mine rolled off the couch when I wasn't looking, but I am a devoted and loving mother in my opinion.
Of rhte record, I cannot stand Britney or her skanky husband.

I tried to follow your link but it opened this forum again when I used it. Did you copy the wrong one maybe?

dark_shadows said:
Well hello there JBean,
Nice to hear from you.I just checked the thread out and saw the article.(The pregnant and divorcing title).
Thanks JBean,I am :eek: that I did not check out that whole thread before posting.
Much Respect to you,
dark_shadows
Well howdy DS.. no worries. There's plenty of britney to go around:p

JBean said:
Well howdy DS.. no worries. There's plenty of britney to go around:p
I appreciate everything that you post JBean,so thank-you for the post.
Much Respect to you,
dark_shadows

mssheila said:

I feel the same way. How many of us have stumbled or done something that we can look back on and feel so thankful that nothing bad happened to our child? If we are honest with ourselves we have no doubt all made mistakes or had an accident.

So Brittany stumbled...big flipping deal. So something happened to the high chair...that is called an accident. I can remember the tray sliding off and one of my babies almost sliding out but I caught her. I was just lucky. So the baby was strapped in the baby seat facing forward instead of backward. Nothing happened to him.

This girl can't make a move without some snoop catching her on camera. I notice that we never see any pictures when she is doing something right. I personally think that she is probably a mother that loves her little baby boy and takes good care of him. The darn snoops should keep their noses out of her life for a change and focus on someone else. Give this young lady a break.
That is my opinion and I may get flamed but I really don't care. It is just a shame the way she is hounded by the snoops.

She wasn't even in the same state when the baby high chair accident happened. My problem with her is proper care of the baby in her automobiles, where he can actually die because of her actions. Not because she tripped on the sidewalk or feeds him bits of ice cream.

mssheila said:

I agree...I think she has made some huge mistakes and definately wouldn't win mother of the year but any of us could almost trip and fall when carrying our children...whether it is over her pant legs being too long and getting caught in her shoes or triping over a crack in the sidewalk or on the curb...anything...the other stuff so far has been fairly bad but this is a bit much...this could have happened to any of us :rolleyes:

Have the paparazzi laid off her now after the sobbing photographs appeared?

either she's stopped going out or word around the block is to leave her alone?

i haven't seen anything since her crying in the cafe after the slipping incident.

but maybe she stopped going out?

Floh said:
Have the paparazzi laid off her now after the sobbing photographs appeared?

either she's stopped going out or word around the block is to leave her alone?

i haven't seen anything since her crying in the cafe after the slipping incident.

but maybe she stopped going out?
I have seen two other pictures of her, but SP is not with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back