The Dog and Beth to Wed

Bobbisangel

Reaction score
May 19, 2006
By JAYMES SONG
Associated Press

HONOLULU — The Dog has finally been collared. Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of A&E's reality show "Dog the Bounty Hunter," will marry his longtime sidekick, Beth Smith, in a sunset ceremony Saturday on the Big Island.

The wedding will be featured in an Aug. 14 episode of the show, about Chapman and his tattooed crew of fugitive finders, which is now in its third season.

"I've already been cuffed and shackled by Beth anyway," said Chapman, 53. "She's Italian and tough."

The self-proclaimed world's best bounty hunter and Smith have been together for 16 years and have two children.

Besides his trademark mullet, Chapman plans to wear white jeans to match his white leather vest, boots and American Indian jewelry, representing his heritage. Boris Krutonog, the show's co-executive producer, will be the best man.

"They could not get me into a tux," Chapman said. "They tried though."

Smith will wear an off-white lace gown with nude backing designed by Eduardo Lucero, who will attend the wedding.

Hulk Hogan and Danny Bonaduce are among the invited guests.

Favors include dog tags with the inscription, "Dog & Beth. Captured. May 20, 2006."

The wedding and reception will be held at the sprawling Hilton Waikoloa Village; the couple will honeymoon in Fiji on property provided and owned by motivational speaker Tony Robbins.

Chapman, who nabbed serial rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in 2003, said marriage won't change or tame him.

"Never. This Dog is wild."

I love The Dog and Beth. I thought they were already married :confused:
This article says that they have been together for 16 yrs and have 2 children.
I thought they had the two little ones plus a girl about 12 yrs. Anyone????

We've watched the show a few times. They are pretty funny. For some reason I had this image that he was like 6'2". I read somewhere he's only like 5'6".... cracked me up!!! No wonder he takes a big posse with him when he's out looking for people. :D :D I didn't know they weren't married - he always refers to her as his wife... All the best to them!!

Congratulations to Dog and Beth!

On one show, him and Beth were going to a shop where Dog gets his special made boots. I believe at that time he said he was 5'8' and the boots were made with 2 or 2 and a half inch heels. He was satisfied with being at least 5'10. :rolleyes: LOL. He went straight out and had to chase a guy and messed up his brand new boots. He was pissed.

I look forward to the new season. I like his show. I also love Criss Angel and look forward to his new season.

Am I the only one that thinks these people are nasty? I hate the way they dress. It's so gross. Beth fits herself into some pretty slinky attire, and does not have the body to pull it off. He needs to quit wearing those vests without a shirt. :eek:

Here's some Dog facts:

DUANE 'DOG' CHAPMAN

» Raised in Denver, Chapman is the oldest of four children of Wesley and Barbara Chapman. He dropped out of school in the ninth grade.

» Arrested 18 times for armed robbery, Chapman was sentenced to five years in prison for murder in 1977. He maintains it was his companion who was the killer, but under Texas law he was also convicted of murder. He served two years and was paroled in 1979. :eek: :eek: :eek:

» Chapman stands 5-feet-7 but wears custom boots to add 3 inches. :D

» He was a Kirby vacuum salesman before becoming a bounty hunter.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/27/news/story01.html

I love their show. They may dress trashy, but at least they try to get the scum thats out there!

GOD BLESS DOG AND BETH!

Count me in the group that LOVES the Chapman family and agrees more with the "Pretty Is as Pretty Does" mentality as this family has put a Pretty good dent in dealing with the drug epidemic that is overtaking their area. They could bounty hunt buckass naked for all I care. Especially Leland. :woohoo:

BTW, in case y'all didn't know, Leland divorced his wife. Rumor was she cheated on him and the kids may not even be his. So ladies, that hunk is SINGLE!!! :blowkiss:

bykerladi said:
BTW, in case y'all didn't know, Leland divorced his wife. Rumor was she cheated on him and the kids may not even be his. So ladies, that hunk is SINGLE!!! :blowkiss:

I've wondered about his marital status. He seems like a nice guy, one of the good guys and I hope he's happy. His life is interesting to me, considering that he started out on a path that usually ends up tragically.

Especially since his other brother is in jail for the long term future (not Dwayne Lee, Jr., the other one).Speaking of Dwayne Lee, Jr., has anyone noticed how they always kind of leave him out of the hunt? They always have him stay with a witness or stand somewhere where the perp isn't likely to come towards, meanwhile having little Leland always in the hot spot?

Both Dog and Leland are between 5'4 and 5'6.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/luster/photo_gallery/04.html
http://www.courttv.com/trials/luster/photo_gallery/05.html

These are their mug shots from when they were arrested in Mexico for grabbing Luster.

I think that it because he came in late in the game, bykerladi. Still learning the ropes, so for safety reasons, it should be that way. Wasn't it Dwayne Lee whose mace was actually an empty canister for a long time just in case.....

And - according to the above link - even Good Guys take horrible mug shots!

gardenmom said:
Am I the only one that thinks these people are nasty? I hate the way they dress. It's so gross. Beth fits herself into some pretty slinky attire, and does not have the body to pull it off. He needs to quit wearing those vests without a shirt. :eek:

gardenmom-

I'm with ya on the Dog and Beth thing!

I always thought Tim was his brother, but I heard that he wasn't...anyone know?

I personally don't care how any of them dress. I just really respect what they do and the people that they are. The Dog is so open about his past and I really like the way he communicates with the hunted once he catches them. He will do anything to help them get their lives straightened out if they want to make changes. I've seen the way he relates with the younger people that he catches and I'm just impressed with The Dog as a person.

I love the way The Dog and Beth bicker back and forth but how they are also very loving to each other. They are really family orientated regardless if the kids are little or his grown children. I've heard The Dog talk about his son that is in prison. I think he really hoped that none of his kids would take the path that he did in his younger years.

I really like Tim and thought they were really brothers. I think Leland is just a doll. He takes what he does seriously. I remember the first time The Dog let Leland make a bust by himself. Of course dad was close by but Leland didn't know it. I just think they are a great family who work well together for a great cause.

A daughter of reality TV star Duane "Dog" Chapman was killed in a car accident a day before her father's wedding, a spokesman said Saturday.

Barbara Katy Chapman, 23, died Friday night near her home in Fairbanks, Alaska, said Michael Feeney, senior vice president of A&E television network.

Duane Chapman's wedding on the Big Island went forward as planned Saturday after the family consulted with a preacher and agreed to celebrate her life at the ceremony, Feeney told The Associated Press.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060521...barbara_chapman;

(Edited to fix paragraphs. I have no source altho I'm sure it would be easy to find. Above is a paste from a post in one of my Yahoo Groups, fyi)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back