Profiles of Online Predators

That's a very interesting read, Billy. I noticed that one of the men was a bus driver and lived in a town where someone I know lives. I'll have to contact her and see if her daughter happened to ride on his bus. When you read sick stuff like this, it almost makes you want to stuff the computer back in a box and wish it had never been invented. Too many sickos out there!

Gosh, look at how often they are employed by school districts. And they are so good at keeping their public faces intact...one would never know. I find this particular type of crime offensive. I wonder how many of them that are married molested their own children.

That article, while very informative, just made me sick---but I am glad the media is finally really focusing on how disgusting and perverted these predators are. I don't have kids yet but I would encourage everyone to check out the national sex offender database. Knowledge is power. I checked out my city only to find out that a Level 3 sex offender lived around the corner from us. 15 years ago, in another county, he broke into a stranger's house, bound the adult female occupant and raped her. He is a level 3 because he is more likely to re-offend. I definately told my neighbor not to jog near his house (his home backs up to a heavily wooded area--creepy!). I would never harass this individual because according to the Law he served his time (I think his sentence was rather light --he should get at least 25 years for that). This knowledge should not be used to harm but to protect one self and their family.

lilsister said:
That article, while very informative, just made me sick---but I am glad the media is finally really focusing on how disgusting and perverted these predators are. I don't have kids yet but I would encourage everyone to check out the national sex offender database. Knowledge is power. I checked out my city only to find out that a Level 3 sex offender lived around the corner from us. 15 years ago, in another county, he broke into a stranger's house, bound the adult female occupant and raped her. He is a level 3 because he is more likely to re-offend. I definately told my neighbor not to jog near his house (his home backs up to a heavily wooded area--creepy!). I would never harass this individual because according to the Law he served his time (I think his sentence was rather light --he should get at least 25 years for that). This knowledge should not be used to harm but to protect one self and their family.
I've gotten fairly expert at reading between the lines on some of the information posted on the sex offender websites. Since there is precious little description of the actual crimes invovled, you can usually tell how serious/heinous the crime was by the amount of time served before getting parole. Anyone who has done more than 2 years for a SO is fairly dangerous, in my book. And it's not just child molesters on these lists--rapists are on there as well, as well as other types of predators/perverts.

Billy, I agree that there are varing degrees of SO:"but it depends on the state you live in. NJ gives you adequate info (if you can call it that---photo of the offender, street names etc,). but other states like PA only give you a vague description. The offender I was speaking of (and I am sorry if I did not make it clear enough that he was an adult male offender that attacked an adult female) clearly, did not serve enough time for the crime he committed. No one will convice me otherwise. Thanks Billy for your info. and the fact that we should do as much as possible, within the guides of LE, to protect those who are subject to danger, ie, young kids, women who are alone, heck anyone who in some way is exposed to a vunerable situation etc. We have to bring justice all of the perv's but in the right way---the justice system will prove us right_hopefully! He was pretty brutal and thus my hope of a long sentence.

Anyone watch Dr. Phil on Monday(yesterday), he gave a website where you can enter your address in a particular state and see what perverts are living close by and what the status of crimes were.

Also there was a man who was being "given advice" and counselled by a "confessed" pervert on how to "harm" your own children. The man did not know but the other "wanabee" pervert was a cop. This meeting was a person to person meeting, and the whole thing was recorded.

When Las Vegas Police were contacted, even before the cop could meet with the man again, in the string, LV Police arrested the man, apparently he was not a convicted or registered sex offender, no one had any idea that he was like this, he had "fostered" 19 children and was not on any radar of any LE for child sex abuse.

LV police said that he was a "major" player in child *advertiser censored*......

So even though people will know about the registered sex offenders in their neighbourhood, it is the people who are not the registered sex offenders, who fly under the radar of any LE who are walking the neighbourhood and acting like a "caring" responsible parent. In reality those are the ones, the unknowns that are more dangerous because no one would have any knowledge of their "perversion".

CyberLaw said:
Anyone watch Dr. Phil on Monday(yesterday), he gave a website where you can enter your address in a particular state and see what perverts are living close by and what the status of crimes were.

Also there was a man who was being "given advice" and counselled by a "confessed" pervert on how to "harm" your own children. The man did not know but the other "wanabee" pervert was a cop. This meeting was a person to person meeting, and the whole thing was recorded.

When Las Vegas Police were contacted, even before the cop could meet with the man again, in the string, LV Police arrested the man, apparently he was not a convicted or registered sex offender, no one had any idea that he was like this, he had "fostered" 19 children and was not on any radar of any LE for child sex abuse.

LV police said that he was a "major" player in child *advertiser censored*......

So even though people will know about the registered sex offenders in their neighbourhood, it is the people who are not the registered sex offenders, who fly under the radar of any LE who are walking the neighbourhood and acting like a "caring" responsible parent. In reality those are the ones, the unknowns that are more dangerous because no one would have any knowledge of their "perversion".
That's why, once they're revealed themselves as predators and after they're caught they need to be tagged and tracked like a lion in a game park.

Can someone explain to me why these offenders only have to register for so many years? After 10 years they're still going to be having the same urges, there is no cure!!

Old Broad

Old Broad said:
Can someone explain to me why these offenders only have to register for so many years? After 10 years they're still going to be having the same urges, there is no cure!!

Old Broad

According to the old Georgia law, these guys (who have been instant probation for pleading guilty) have to register for what woudl have been their actual prison sentence. The thing is--if they violate their probation in any way, they will be instantly sent to prison for the remainder of that term. If any one of them decides not to renew their registration they will go to prison, as that is a term of their probation. Also, if they are caught doing anything like this again, or have reasonable compalints lodged against them, or are found to be associating with children under 18 besides their own--its straight to prison.

The new SO law in Georgia, which goes into effect in the next calendar year, states these guys will have to register for the rest of their lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back