Identified! IN - Wayne Co., WhtFem Skeletal 491UFIN, 18-22, in woods, opal ring, Dec'82 - Connie Christensen

Richard

Reaction score
Unidentified White Female
The victim was discovered on December 26, 1982 in Wayne County, Indiana
Estimated Date of Death: 8 months prior to discovery
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" + or - 2"
Dentals: Available. Stainless steel or chrome crown upper left molar.
Clothing: Dark blue nylon 3/4 length insulated jacket. Long sleeve front buttoned polyester blouse with scalloped design collar, size 12. Gray maternity slacks, size 8. Clog type shoes with wooden soles, approximate size 8. Gold metal ring with oval opal (white) and two small diamonds, on right hand.
Fingerprints: Not available

Case History
The victim was located in west/central Wayne County, by deer hunters in a remote woods, approximately two miles north of I-70 and approximately 15 miles west of the Indiana/Ohio line.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Indiana State Police
F/Sgt. Ed Davis
765-825-2115
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 41-10291
NCIC Number: U-196105136
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Indiana State Police
The Doe Network, Case File 491UFIN

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/491ufin.html

Hmmm Maternity slacks were worn and yet no mention of any remains of a baby.
Maybe that suggests a motive for her death. Although no mention was made of it being murder, no mention of bullet to head or other obvious murder indicators and no mention of the remains having been buried, the fact that she had on maternity slacks makes me wonder if she thought she was pregnant or had at least told a man she was pregnant, perhaps to induce him to marry her, and maybe he was married or just wanted to avoid child support so he decided she had to die.

The maternity pants could also indicate that she had been pregnant but already delivered the baby weeks or even a couple of months prior to her death. It takes some women much longer to shed the pregnancy weight and belly. The maternity pants are comfortable for them to wear.

Maternity slacks...also possible maybe she recently gave birth and was still wearing the maternity slacks till she regained her shape?

These records are confusing.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/491ufin.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/4842

She was found 26th December 1982 but in Wayne County, Indiana (DN)/or Adams County (Namus)? Both agree that her upper incisors protrude 10 mm but DN says that she had a stainless steel or chrome crown on upper left molar. Namus doesn't have that information but they say she had 24 CHIPPED LINGUAL. The clothes descriptions aren't quite the same either, Namus mentiones panties and socks that DN doesn't and DN mentions jewelry that Namus doesn't .
Namus:
BLUE NYLON JACKET, BLUE LS BUTTON BLOUSE W/POCKET WHITE BRA, GRAY SLACKS W/STRETCH PANEL - POSSIBLY MATERNITY, PINK PANTIES W/BLUE BUTTERFLY W/GOT CHA ON FRONT, BLUE OR GRAY LONG KNIT SOCKS
WOODEN HI HEEL SHOES W/LEATHER STRAP AND BUCKLES

DN:
Dark blue nylon 3/4 length insulated jacket. Long sleeve front buttoned polyester blouse with scalloped design collar, size 12. Gray maternity slacks, size 8. Clog type shoes with wooden soles, approximate size 8. Gold metal ring with oval opal (white) and two small diamonds, on right hand.

This unknown girl was murdered thirty years ago this month. Her case remains unsolved.

I wonder if Evelyn Davis was ever compared to the UID?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/183dfoh.html

Interesting that the UID was wearing "Maternity Slacks". Evelyn was pregnant at the time of her disappearance. But the clothing doesn't match what she was last seen in.

The resemblance is pretty good. Other details - height, age, and timeline are all a little outside the margins.

Interesting that the UID was wearing "Maternity Slacks". Evelyn was pregnant at the time of her disappearance. But the clothing doesn't match what she was last seen in.

The resemblance is pretty good. Other details - height, age, and timeline are all a little outside the margins.

Yep, I noticed that too...

I feel like I looked at Evelyn Davis for this a while back, but never called it in. I can't remember what if anything made me discount her.

I'm also wondering about Terri Earhart. She was last heard from when she called her mom in May 1981, so a little out of the time estimate, but not terribly so. Terri was 5'5" and 23. She told her mom she'd be bringing a present for Mother's Day for her mom, and also for her daughter. I wonder how old her daughter was? Or how long it had been since her mother had seen Terri. Her last call was from a motel in Champagne, IL. direct route via I-74 to area where this Doe was found, albeit 3 hours away. There is no photo for Terri Bea Earhart. And just because the motel she called from was in Champagne, I don't know what area she was originally from. I'd really like to be able to find a photo of her. Maybe if someone can find her in a school or church directory or something on Ancestry we can get a photo then too? IDK. Not that we have a photo to compare it to, anyway, so IDK, but I don't see how she's going to be ID'd without one. Maybe I will try to call the detectives tomorrow and see where she was from originally and how old her child was.

I feel like I looked at Evelyn Davis for this a while back, but never called it in. I can't remember what if anything made me discount her.

I'm also wondering about Terri Earhart. She was last heard from when she called her mom in May 1981, so a little out of the time estimate, but not terribly so. Terri was 5'5" and 23. She told her mom she'd be bringing a present for Mother's Day for her mom, and also for her daughter. I wonder how old her daughter was? Or how long it had been since her mother had seen Terri. Her last call was from a motel in Champagne, IL. direct route via I-74 to area where this Doe was found, albeit 3 hours away. There is no photo for Terri Bea Earhart. And just because the motel she called from was in Champagne, I don't know what area she was originally from. I'd really like to be able to find a photo of her. Maybe if someone can find her in a school or church directory or something on Ancestry we can get a photo then too? IDK. Not that we have a photo to compare it to, anyway, so IDK, but I don't see how she's going to be ID'd without one. Maybe I will try to call the detectives tomorrow and see where she was from originally and how old her child was.

It would be nice to see a picture of Terri. I tried to find one but came up with nothing. I think if we both came up with Evelyn that we should at least see if she was ruled out. I wonder if there is an email that I can send to them...the links are so frustrating sometimes...the only thing on this one says for contact information is: Indiana State Police

Yeah she is worth a look. We can ask if they have ruled them out
Don't know about the IN staties but the ones I have dealt with in OH and PA could not have been nicer.

This woman was wearing an opal ring. Opal is the birthstone for someone born in October. I wonder if that might provide a clue as to her identity.

The fact that she was found so close to the Ohio - Indiana state line could mean that she was from either of those states, possibly from somewhere between Indianapolis, IN and Columbus, OH.

It is almost 30 years since her discovery by hunters.

How about this for a possible match? Annabelle went missing some time before June 15, 1982 from near Lima, Ohio. A short drive south on I-75 to Dayton, then west on I-70 would take you to where this unidentified woman was found in December 1982.

---------------------

Annabelle Marie Rankin-Ludwig-Smith
Missing since approximately June 15, 1982 from Cridersville, Allen County, Ohio
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 31, 1941
Age at Time of Disappearance: 40 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" - 5'6"; 120-145 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White Female. Auburn hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Annabelle has a beauty mark / mole above upper lip along with other moles on various locations on her body. She has a fatty deposit on her upper thigh of leg. No known scars / tattoos / piercings. She suffered a broken wrist as a child that never healed properly and the bone protruded from the wrist under the skin.
Medical Conditions: Substance abuser at the time of disappearance. May have been suffering from bipolar disorder.
AKA: Annabelle Rankin; Annabelle Ludwig; Annabelle Smith
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Annabelle was last seen residing with her ex-husband, Robert Ludwig, and three children at their home in Cridersville, Ohio approximately June 15, 1982. This area borders Auglaize County, in Northwest Ohio.

Annabelle and Robert were married in 1960, had first divorced in 1977, after a turbulent marriage which included separations, divorce proceedings, and extramarital affairs of both parties.

Annabelle then married a "Smith" for a month and then returned to residing with Robert Ludwig in 1978 and moved from Mt. Cory, Ohio / Hancock County to Cridersville, Ohio / Allen County. Family members, court documents, law enforcement reports and witnesses verify that Annabelle and Robert had a turbulent coexistence and Annabelle had a tendency to leave the residence / family without notice for periods of time (days - weeks) but then return the same way.

Annabelle was involved with other men and was a substance abuser. Prior to her disappearance, Annabelle had been involved with a man who departed Ohio in 1980-1981 and moved to Florida for several years and returned in late 1980's.

Annabelle had made statements that she wanted to leave to go to Florida with him, but did not at the time the man departed Ohio.

Just prior to her disappearance in 1982, Annabelle mentioned receiving a correspondence from this man, and was going to leave to go to Florida. After this point, family advised Annabelle just was not there anymore. Family advised it was normal behavior for Annabelle to just leave, so at the time it was not unusual behavior. Annabelle did not leave any note or letter stating where she had gone.

Annabelle has not been heard from or contacted anybody since 1982, even at the time of the deaths of her parents.

Annabelle Ludwig did not have a drivers license and did not work at time of disappearance.
No known jewelery she always wore. No known clothing she always wore or sizes / brands / shoe size.

No medical records available. She had four children through natural child birth.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Hancock County Sheriffs Office
Detective Barry Boutwell - Unit #L28
419-424-2424
419-424-7234

Agency Case Number: C9504189

NCIC Number: M-836331366

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Hancock County Sheriffs Office
The Doe Network: Case File 2363DFOH

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2363dfoh.html

Here is another possibility for a match. Perggy Anne Lerch had an October birth date and went missing from Columbus, Ohio four months before the Unidentified woman was found.

Not much physical information available.

-------------------

Peggy Anne Lerch
Missing since August 14, 1982 from Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: October 15, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Lerch was last seen at an apartment in Columbus, Ohio on August 14, 1982. Peggy and Christopher Lerch had been at the apartment of William D. Wickline on August 14, 1982.

According to records, Wickline was using cocaine with the couple when he stabbed and decapitated Christopher and strangled Peggy during an argument over $6,000 in drug money.

He then cut up their bodies and disposed of them in dumpsters throughout the city of Columbus, according to investigators.Wickline was executed for the murders on March 30, 2004.

Wickline was also indicted in West Virginia in April 1985 for the November 1979 decapitation of Charles Morgan Marsh.The bodies of Peggy and Christopher Lerch were never found.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Columbus Police Department
614-645-4670

Source Information:

William Dean Wickline #906
March 2004 Executions
The Doe Network: Case File 1876DFOH

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1876dfoh.html

what if the maternity pants werent because she was pregnant/recently gave birth, but because they were all she had to wear? maybe they were something she grabbed because they fit. her shirt was a size 12 but her pants were only a size 8. maybe the stretch helped them fit?

What about this girl? Peggy Dianovsky? She went missing from Illinois in Sept of 1982. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dianovsky_peggy.html

The Doe Network is saying the UID was found as skeletal remains with the estimated death to be 8 months prior and the UID's age is between 18-22..

Peggy is a little older (28) and she went missing only 3 1/2 months prior to the UID being found.
She looks like she has protruding Inscisors (the UID is described as having them)

Nothing mentioned that she was pregnant..

Here are pictures of the UID and Peggy

491UFIN.jpg[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• dianovsky_peggy.jpg
    dianovsky_peggy.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 184
  • dianovsky_peggy2.jpg
    dianovsky_peggy2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 22

Members online

Online statistics

Members online