NE - Richard Thompson for sex abuse of 12yo girl, Sidney, 2005

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
A judge said a 5-foot-1 man convicted of sexually assaulting a child was too small to survive in prison, and gave him 10 years of probation instead.

His crimes deserved a long sentence, District Judge Kristine Cecava said, but she worried that Richard W. Thompson, 50, would be especially imperiled by prison dangers.
:furious: :banghead: :furious:
more at link

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060525/D8HQP7F82.html

Linda7NJ said:
A judge said a 5-foot-1 man convicted of sexually assaulting a child was too small to survive in prison, and gave him 10 years of probation instead.

His crimes deserved a long sentence, District Judge Kristine Cecava said, but she worried that Richard W. Thompson, 50, would be especially imperiled by prison dangers.
:furious: :banghead: :furious:
more at link

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060525/D8HQP7F82.html

I hope this judge is drummed out of office.

i suppose he never considered the child was 'too short' for a paedophile's attentions?

:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

This is outrageous!

Is there anything that can be done in a case like this?

Unflippinbelievable!

I didn't see what he did to the child, not that it matters, but, I'd like to also know the whole story. Was it a relative? What is the story?

Who cares if he would "never survive" in prison?? :furious: :furious: :furious:

englishleigh said:
Who cares if he would "never survive" in prison?? :furious: :furious: :furious:

Clearly the judge cares. and i have to wonder just why that might be? :doh:

Floh said:
Clearly the judge cares. and i have to wonder just why that might be? :doh:
I say that the judge needs to let the pervert babysit his children...you know...with all the sympathy about his welfare he has shown.

Floh said:
I hope this judge is drummed out of office.

i suppose he never considered the child was 'too short' for a paedophile's attentions?

This liberal Nebraska judge is a woman - , Kristine Cecava. Go figure! What in the wang-ho is the matter with her???? Put the sleazy perp in segregation, if necessary - or perhaps, in a cell with like-minded individuals.

Four months of wearing an ankle bracelet??? :confused: Puh-leeze! :mad: This perpetrator is as deserving of prison incarceration as any other monster that takes away a child's innocence.

Too short for prison?? This 50 year old man was certainly "big enough" to committ the crime! Are we now giving "short people" a pass to rape & molest our children??? This is infuriating!! :furious:

What's wrong with our 'Justice System' these days?? :furious:

13th Juror

I have searched everywhere to find out the intial story, intial arrest, etc. Still searching, but can't find anything at this time relating :(

I am still in shock about the sentence in this case. It makes me so angry!

13th Juror said:

This liberal Nebraska judge is a woman - , Kristine Cecava. Go figure! What in the wang-ho in the matter with her???? Put the sleazy perp in segregation, if necessary - or perhaps, in a cell with like-minded individuals.

Four months of wearing an ankle bracelet??? :confused: Puh-leeze! :mad: This perpetrator is as deserving of prison incarceration as any other monster that takes away a child's innocence.

Too short for prison?? This 50 year old man was certainly "big enough" to committ the crime! Are we now giving "short people" a pass to rape & molest our children??? This is infuriating!! :furious:

What's wrong with our 'Justice System' these days?? :furious:

13th Juror

I missed the judge was a woman on first cusory glance.

her saying, "I truly hope that my bet on you being OK out in society is not misplaced."

she hopes?

i hope the child he attacked will be able to sleep at night knowing this pervert is not being slammed in jail.

i hope the child doesn't lose faith in justice.

actually, why should the child not lose faith in justice?

this decision has done nothing to point toward to word justice in my opinion. :banghead:

I read about this this morning.

IMO the perv should have thought of the danger to his short self before harming a child.

SO what if he becomes some big mans girlfriend in prison???
I can't believe anyone would have sympathy for that?

Well this is a disgrace.We have had "little people" in our facility before.There is a female that is incarcerated as we speak.We have had all kinds;deaf,blind,short,one legged,one armed,obese,transgendered and so on.

We have "PC" units for those who feel that they cannot be in general population,or if we determain that they cannot be in the general population.
Why is the judge disregarding public saftey assuming that the petite pervert will not survive in prison.Is it documented somewhere that the prisons in that state have a record of midget mashing by the inmates held in those facilities.I doubt it.
Maybe he can set up house with the judge.The little guy might feel that the judge's house is alot safer than the "big house".
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

If he wasn't too short to commit the crime, then he isn't too short to do the time.
If he thought his height would present a problem, looks like he would have considered that 'before' he committed the crime.

Floh said:

My thoughts exactly :clap: .....

Does anyone know if this is the man that was caught on Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" series? The last episode had a very, very short man on it and I was just wondering if it was the same person.:confused:

BabyGirlsMom said:
Does anyone know if this is the man that was caught on Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" series? The last episode had a very, very short man on it and I was just wondering if it was the same person.:confused:

I remember that guy. Didn't he have a date to report to prison when he was arrested? I think that guy had a previous record, so if its him, some other judge didn't think his height, or lack thereof, was such a problem. :rolleyes:

Not to sound nitpicky, but I've heard some of the audio from those Dateline tapes and it strikes me as odd how incredibly stupid these guys are when they are caught and interviewed.

The other thing that bothers me is how some of them don't even try to run away and sit there and try to justify themselves. And when some of them do get up to try to leave, the host is like "sit down, I'm not finished."

I wouldn't let a television host tell me what to do if I was caught in that situation. Then again, I wouldn't be in that situation.

Paladin said:
Not to sound nitpicky, but I've heard some of the audio from those Dateline tapes and it strikes me as odd how incredibly stupid these guys are when they are caught and interviewed.

The other thing that bothers me is how some of them don't even try to run away and sit there and try to justify themselves. And when some of them do get up to try to leave, the host is like "sit down, I'm not finished."

I wouldn't let a television host tell me what to do if I was caught in that situation. Then again, I wouldn't be in that situation.

They don't know its a television host until the last few minutes that they're there. My favorite part is when they try to leave and the police are there to arrest them. :)

Well, now I KNOW HOW TO COMMIT THE PERFECT CRIME! All I have to do is hire a midget, fly him there and have him rob me a bank or two;)

I live in Nebraska, and in fact, work for the attorney general's office. Don't worry, our office is appealing this ridiculous outcome. Hopefully, this creep will serve prison time after all.

Thorkim said:
I live in Nebraska, and in fact, work for the attorney general's office. Don't worry, our office is appealing this ridiculous outcome. Hopefully, this creep will serve prison time after all.

Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back