Mini Research Project: Private Eye Sources

Kelly

Founder, Project Jason
Reaction score
Website
www.projectjason.org
Hi all,

If anyone has the time, I could use some research to find PI sources, such as magazines for PI's, large PI groups or associations, and websites where PI's converge.

I would greatly prefer ones which appear to have a large readership, and ones who do not give validity to psychics. It would also make sense to post sources who might take interest in missing persons, rather than a PI group, who only deals with a specific niche, such as investigating extra-marital affairs.

These sources should have a strong Internet presence and would typically not be an individual person/PI.

If interested in helping, please post the website link, name of site or organization, average daily or monthly readership, (if they have an open hits counter or some written indication of this) and a brief explanation of what the group or entity does, similar to a mission statement.

This research will help me with an idea I am mulling over. It's probably not what you think, and I can't reveal it until it is solidified and then approved by the board.

Christine, I still have 2 other projects for you which I plan on discussing with you later in the week.

Thank you!

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with any of such websites, amd couldn't recommend any magazines, either.

Hi Kelly,
Here's two sites to consider.
The first is for a national association for PIs. They have a membership database, and send out a newsletter.
www.pimall.com/NAIS/nais.j.html

The second site to visit is
www.officer.com
This site is visited by many active/retired detectives.

Most PIs work with attorneys. Thus, most of their cases deal with marital/family law, or the majority seem to work insurance, or worker's comp fraud.

Hope this helps. Interested in knowing what this new idea is about.

Thanks!

It may be some time before this idea comes to fruition if it ever does. I need a "hook" to make it work and PI's may be the hook. We'll see. Sorry I can't be more detailed than that.

I suggest that you get ahold of some trade publications for the PI industry, and examine them to learn the names of reputable webforums for PIs - or ask the editors of same to share this info with you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back