PA PA - George, 7, & Joseph Cox, 5, Pavia, 24 Apr 1856

Goodness, that was long ago!

"...Joseph and George Cox disappeared April 24, 1856, from their Spruce Hollow home, triggering a massive search by about 1,000 people over the pastoral Bedford County countryside...."

Strange indeed:

http://anomalyinfo.com/articles/sa00008.shtml

Frank Edwards, in Stranger Than Science, states that Dibert told Wysong about the dream after the second time it occurred, while Rhoda Bender in an 1955 article and Fay Wentworth in an 1997 article, both in FATE Magazine, state that this happened only after the third time the dream recurred. Both Edwards and Wentworth add that Dibert stepped up onto a fallen tree before seeing the dead deer; Bender, in the earliest article, does not include this detail. All three authors spell Harrison Whysong's last name as "Wysong".
space40.gif
Wentworth also adds that years later in June 1891, after Jacob Dibert's death, his son Isaac also had a dream which showed him the location of a lost girl; the location in his dream proved to be correct, and the girl was rescued.

Last edited:
Guess I'll give this thread a bump. I learned about this story mainly through the Allison Krause song. It has made me wonder how much of this story is confirmed fact and how much is a bit of legend? Did the aspect of the story regarding the dream really happen or was it something tacked on at a later date?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back