GUILTY SC - Tiffany Souers, 20, Clemson student, found strangled, 26 May 2006

cathieq

Reaction score
"...On Friday, Tiffany Marie Souers was found murdered in her college apartment in South Carolina. She had been strangled, said Pickens County Coroner Dr. Jim Mahanes..."
http://tinyurl.com/nq2t6

Reminds me of the college student's murder in Arkansas.

I heard about this briefly this morning before work.Two things strike me. Clemson is a small town with very friendly people. The kind of people who would open their doors to everyone. The general atmosphere is rural with college spirit, lemonade, homemade biscuits etc. Generally safe.

The fact that she did volunteer work with the under privileged in an area 20 minutes from where she lived is raising my meter. What if one of the under privileged is a sex offender that is unregistered in the area? We know how they slip under the radar. She may have met this person at the center and had an acknowledgement but not a full trust yet. She may have allowed them in to be social, cordial, accepting of their plight, etc. Just early speculation.

Hopefully more details will be provided shortly.

What a shame. She sounds like such a sweet, giving person. My heart goes out to all who knew her and loved her.

richandfamous said:
I heard a news report saying that there is a "my space" stalker connection.
Which may explain why she's impossible to find on there, but daggone near every other kid at Clemson seems to have one.

Thanks for that note. Interesting.

Steve

Hi Steve, I just heard the spokesperson for the college on Fox. She said there was no forced entry. Then they discussed whether that really meant she knew the person and let him/her in, and they left it up in the air asw to whether this was really the case.

It could be since the town is small and friendly that lots of people don't lock their doors.

Scandi

ETA: I'm thinking she reminds me a lot of Taylor Behl.

richandfamous said:
I heard a news report saying that there is a "my space" stalker connection.

I, too, heard a brief report on a possible connection but researching further, I can't find any other reference. Please if anyone hears,please post.

Most of the news articles speak about grief counseling for the students and going with their normal activities.I hope this one doesn't go cold. Seems people are talking this in stride or maybe I am misreading.

"The more people they clear, the more random it becomes",says neighbor.
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/0530strangle.html

CC tonite had a brief segment about this crime. they are calling it the bikini murder b/c she was stangled with her bikini (top?). LE has taken her computer to investigate who she hung out with. very sad as she was a lovely young woman.

Fox said it was just a murder, no mention of sexual assault. I wonder if she had been wearing the bikini. Maybe been to the pool. She may also have let someone in, thinking they were a repair person, or delivery person. I don't get the "murder only" unless the person got cold feet and left/or the murderer is a female.

Beyond Belief said:
Fox said it was just a murder, no mention of sexual assault. I wonder if she had been wearing the bikini. Maybe been to the pool. She may also have let someone in, thinking they were a repair person, or delivery person. I don't get the "murder only" unless the person got cold feet and left/or the murderer is a female.

Got the answer to that. The ME was on Nancy Grace and said no...she was not wearing it but an opportunity for the murderer.She also was not wearing panties indicating but not explicit that she was molested. Still early.

Thanks, going to be same type motive as most of them then. Death needs to be swifter for these murderers. A positive dna match should be put them right in the room with the nasty needle within two weeks.

GRETA is covering this right now, if anyone wants to see it.

A tragedy. I also heard a blurb about a webpage taking down by LE but thought it said Facebook rather than MySpace. Could have heard wrong.

It was so strange when I first heard about this crime. I spent some time this weekend catching up on Tivo'd episodes of shows I like to watch, one of them being "Close to Home," which is on Friday nights. Anyhow, I watched an episode dealing with a young, blonde women strangled at night (the night before her wedding on the show) with a red teddy. Right after watching the episode I flipped to the news and they were talking about this crime with a picture of the victim and saying she'd been strangled. The victim and the actress in the show look so amazingly similar I was completely freaked out by it.

Tiffany and Imette remind me of each other. Both were really focused on their careers and seemed kind of driven. Tiffany was completing her classes in 4 years instead of 5 yrs. Both of these girls were very intelligent and liked by everyone around them. Neither seemed to have any doubts as to where their lives were headed and what they wanted in their futures.

Tiffany didn't seem to be having a problem with anyone. It doesn't sound like she had a boyfriend at the time either. I just wonder if it was someone who would have liked to be her boyfriend and he just dropped by her place. She knew him and let him in and things got ugly. Maybe someone that she had been nice to because it sounds like she was that type of a girl. Maybe he thought that she liked him when she was really just being her friendly self.

It's hard to tell what happend or why someone took this young girl's life but I hope the police are finding evidence and make an arrest soon. The town sounds like a town that people would want to raise their kids in. Murders just don't happen there. Someone must have also known that Tiffany's roommate had just moved out and that Tiffany stayed to go to summer school. I wonder if it was someone in her summer classes?

I am just going to spout it off and if I wrong so be it.It is someone who is not a bonified serial yet. He is young. He has probably spent some time as a peeping tom. More than likely past molestations, maybe in juvie.His DNA will get him due to inexperience. At least, I hope so. Nip this now.

Also, look for behaviors that indicate animal abuse.

Very good Concerned! I bet he also lives with his mother. I don't think he knew her but rather had been eyeballing her for a while to get her schedule down and simply knocked on her door and she answered.

I haven't heard of any signs of a struggle or physical fight, so I bet he gave her a quick slap to knock her out b . . . .

Oooh, you got me going Concerned!

Scandi :p

LvsAMystry said:
A tragedy. I also heard a blurb about a webpage taking down by LE but thought it said Facebook rather than MySpace. Could have heard wrong.

It was so strange when I first heard about this crime. I spent some time this weekend catching up on Tivo'd episodes of shows I like to watch, one of them being "Close to Home," which is on Friday nights. Anyhow, I watched an episode dealing with a young, blonde women strangled at night (the night before her wedding on the show) with a red teddy. Right after watching the episode I flipped to the news and they were talking about this crime with a picture of the victim and saying she'd been strangled. The victim and the actress in the show look so amazingly similar I was completely freaked out by it.

Her brother (on one of the news shows Sun.) said she had a myspace and another didn't get which, page. So, she had 2 sites on the web.

Hi All.....................

Have been following the case and may be going out on a limb here, but from what is known so far I think they should be looking for a female friend who just might have been playing the "choking game" that went too far. Am hoping the autopsy and forensic evidence may reveal more clues.

I heard Dr Baden this morning, and was wrong in some of my comments.

He said her attacker did not come with a weapon to kill her as he used something he found in her apt, which he interpreted to say means she knew the perp.

The neighbors heard nothing because he strangled her and she could not scream for help. He said it could have been a sex crime as she was mostly nude, but it is too early to tell. They already know of course if semen was present but it will take time to get the DNA results back. And he believes it was a man as she was subdued so quickly and strangled.

Scandi

ETA: Forgot. There was no sign of a struggle and no marks on her body except for the strangulation marks on her neck.

Also wondering if this crime could have been committed by a female since there was no mention of sexual assault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back