Where was the Vatican Boycott of the DVC...

Its in the "admin" section. It will most likely be moved back once the flames are removed.

Jeana (DP) said:
Its in the "admin" section. It will most likely be moved back once the flames are removed.
I hope it returns. And also hope there are no more flames. :blowkiss:

It was probably my fault, sorry I just couldn't help myself :blushing:
No more from me, I'm biting my tongue, see if that works lol

narlacat said:
It was probably my fault, sorry I just couldn't help myself :blushing:
No more from me, I'm biting my tongue, see if that works lol
Okay, narla, I'm sending you a big spanking!! :slap:

Next time you want to cause trouble, try doing this ---> :silenced:

But I see we are getting you on the right path to becoming Catholic - you seem to have figured out, confession is good for the soul!! :angel: ;) :D

Hi Sandra :)
I was glad to see your post!
Sorry if I came across offensive.
I should have known better than to have read that thread, I have absolutely no self control :p
Even now I am struggling, you mentioned confession and I'm like...yeah I know, it's a 'Catholic creation' brought in....to give us another chance in this life time because according to you guys there is no next lifetime lol..see , can't help myself!!
;) :D

narlacat said:
Hi Sandra :)
I was glad to see your post!
Sorry if I came across offensive.
I should have known better than to have read that thread, I have absolutely no self control :p
Even now I am struggling, you mentioned confession and I'm like...yeah I know, it's a 'Catholic creation' brought in....to give us another chance in this life time because according to you guys there is no next lifetime lol..see , can't help myself!!
;) :D
I know flamebait when I smell it.....!

Dark Knight said:
I know flamebait when I smell it.....!
Au contrair, my dear friend DK. I prefer to think of it as a "teachable moment".

You see, narla, we do see a next lifetime, and once we are dead, we want to get there as quickly as possible ("cuz it's such a great place, and certainly preferable to that "other place" ;) )

Many people, Catholics included, focus on the negative aspects of confession. First of all, I prefer to call it by it's more modern name, "reconciliation", as I think this describes the sacrament more accurately. We fall away from the way we know God wants us to live our lives, this creates distance between us and God, and we need to "reconcile" to get that relationship back on track. Just like when we fall out with our friends or family, there has to come a time when we say sorry, or clear the air, this is much like that.

Just as we feel better when we clear the air with our friends or family after we reconcile with them, the same occurs when we face our own mistakes before God, through His representative, a priest.

A nice, happy side effect that comes out of the sacrament of Reconciliation is that, not only does your relationship with God get "patched up", or "reconciled", but God hands you this nice little tool box called "grace", and that grace helps to carry you through the day, with a little extra help to avoid the perils that led you to falling out with God in the first place.

Getting back to the "getting into heaven faster" aspect of reconciliation, think of it like this. Let's say you have had a falling our or have drifted apart from your parents. The day comes when you finlly want to be welcomed back into the family home. Do you think it would be easier to just show up, or do you think you might smooth the way by sending ahead a letter saying you are sorry and would like to be welcomed back?

Boy, I realize this is long-winded, and my kids will probably be late for school now (oops! Again!)

Narla, there are many very strange and mysterious things the Catholic church does, and on the surface, it can be very hard to understand. I am infinitely fascinated by the Catholic Church, in fact, I am sure I will spend my lifetime learning more and more about it and never stop learning new things.

I like your questions. I think you have a witty way of asking, if you misbehaved yesterday, I missed it. But I am pleased to answer any questions you may ask. I am sure nothing you ask will offend me, and I am sure I can find the answer.

imho

windovervocalcords said:
Infinitely fascinated by Catholics (more than The Church or Catholicism) in all their nefarious manifestations....lol

Nice post Sandra
That, on the other hand, does smell like flamebait, LOL....;)

Gracefully not taking the bait, lol, I am off to a home prayer group meeting....:D

Y'all behave now!

sandraladeda said:
That, on the other hand, does smell like flamebait, LOL....;)

Gracefully not taking the bait, lol, I am off to a home prayer group meeting....:D

Y'all behave now!
Flamebait must be in the eye of the beholder, because it sounds tongue in cheek to me... :)

sandraladeda said:
Au contrair, my dear friend DK. I prefer to think of it as a "teachable moment".

You see, narla, we do see a next lifetime, and once we are dead, we want to get there as quickly as possible ("cuz it's such a great place, and certainly preferable to that "other place" ;) )

Many people, Catholics included, focus on the negative aspects of confession. First of all, I prefer to call it by it's more modern name, "reconciliation", as I think this describes the sacrament more accurately. We fall away from the way we know God wants us to live our lives, this creates distance between us and God, and we need to "reconcile" to get that relationship back on track. Just like when we fall out with our friends or family, there has to come a time when we say sorry, or clear the air, this is much like that.

Just as we feel better when we clear the air with our friends or family after we reconcile with them, the same occurs when we face our own mistakes before God, through His representative, a priest.

A nice, happy side effect that comes out of the sacrament of Reconciliation is that, not only does your relationship with God get "patched up", or "reconciled", but God hands you this nice little tool box called "grace", and that grace helps to carry you through the day, with a little extra help to avoid the perils that led you to falling out with God in the first place.

Getting back to the "getting into heaven faster" aspect of reconciliation, think of it like this. Let's say you have had a falling our or have drifted apart from your parents. The day comes when you finlly want to be welcomed back into the family home. Do you think it would be easier to just show up, or do you think you might smooth the way by sending ahead a letter saying you are sorry and would like to be welcomed back?

Boy, I realize this is long-winded, and my kids will probably be late for school now (oops! Again!)

Narla, there are many very strange and mysterious things the Catholic church does, and on the surface, it can be very hard to understand. I am infinitely fascinated by the Catholic Church, in fact, I am sure I will spend my lifetime learning more and more about it and never stop learning new things.

I like your questions. I think you have a witty way of asking, if you misbehaved yesterday, I missed it. But I am pleased to answer any questions you may ask. I am sure nothing you ask will offend me, and I am sure I can find the answer.

imho
Sandra, thanks for taking the time to explain that to me, so sorry the kids were late for school lol....
I'm sorry I can't agree though but do appreciate your patience...you are showing true christian qualities unlike some here who probably think they are 'good' people.
I am a 'good' person, without the help of any Church, I know who I am and I know what I do...
I didn't think I misbehaved yesterday lol, can someone tell me how I did please??
If you call putting my view across about confession misbehaving though, maybe I did.
Sandra thanks for your offer about any questions I might have :)

OK I have got to Butt in.You do not need to belong to any chruch in order to gainentrance to Heaven. There is one way and one way only. Accept jesus christ as your Lord and Savior.Church to me for over 30 years has been nothing but a place to gather.And Now a days a place where they ask for you money.
Do I sound Bitter you bet I am. See I am a son of a preacher.Or should say was as my Dad was told what he was preaching was from the Devil. funny part is I heard the same sermons 20 years later and they accepted it.I know where I am going . And No chruch can tell me different.

JDB said:
OK I have got to Butt in.You do not need to belong to any chruch in order to gainentrance to Heaven. There is one way and one way only. Accept jesus christ as your Lord and Savior.Church to me for over 30 years has been nothing but a place to gather.And Now a days a place where they ask for you money.
Do I sound Bitter you bet I am. See I am a son of a preacher.Or should say was as my Dad was told what he was preaching was from the Devil. funny part is I heard the same sermons 20 years later and they accepted it.I know where I am going . And No chruch can tell me different.
JDB my friend, I agree with everything you said, except one crucial thing. I'm Jewish. I do NOT accept Jesus as my lord and savior, and I'm still going to Heaven! We don't believe in Hell anymore than we believe Jesus was the Messiah!

Meanwhile, I hope the Da Vinci Code thread returns (original thread topic) so we can go back to that, lol. This thread is devolving quickly. :crazy:

LinasK said:
JDB my friend, I agree with everything you said, except one crucial thing. I'm Jewish. I do NOT accept Jesus as my lord and savior, and I'm still going to Heaven! We don't believe in Hell anymore than we believe Jesus was the Messiah!
Understood. I guess what I actually was trying to get across. Is that you do not need to Go to a Churuch to get to Heaven. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back