GUILTY TX - Melanie Parker, 21, found slain in burned apt, Houston, 24 May 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterallgood

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
Houston PD found Melanie Diane Parker in her burned out apt. in the Galleria area in Houston on May 25, 2006. The fire had been confined to the area around Melanie's bed.

Today it was revealed that she'd been shot to death, the fire was set. Melanie was majoring in geology at San Jacinto College in Pasadena, TX, and preparing to move to Arvada, CO after she graduated.

Here's my crimelibrary.com article about Melanie:

Melanie Parker Found Murdered

And her MySpace acct.:

http://www.myspace.com/mellie0802

Don't know that there have been any arrests made, yet.

Steve

How awful. There sure are a lot of college students being murdered lately.
He shot her and then tried to burn her up in her bed. That is some kind of an animal. I hope they catch this monster and fry him.

Did anyone notice on her my space page.There is an old comment posted that says somthing to the effect"the end is near cant you taste it".it might not mean anything.but after what happened to her it does seem kinda eerie.

The friend on myspace named rocker girl seems kind of needy. Like Melanie isn't giving her enough attention.JMO.

concernedperson said:
The friend on myspace named rocker girl seems kind of needy. Like Melanie isn't giving her enough attention.JMO.
I thought that rocker girl was a little wierd also. she was begging melanie to talk to her.

Another girl posts "single, huh?" Good Call.

Also, Melanie was shot and then an attempt to burn evidence.The perp could very well be female.

2luvmy said:
Another girl posts "single, huh?" Good Call.
As if she had recently broken up with a jerk. I hadnt noticed that. I had to read again after your post.

Rocker Girl's posts were weeks and months apart but she certainly seemed attentive to Melanie.....too attentive. Seems as if she was awfully clingy to Melanie and a little creepy.

What was with that vertical "Melanie" glitter name she posted? Who would take the time to do that unless you were trying desperately to get the person's attention?

englishleigh said:
Rocker Girl's posts were weeks and months apart but she certainly seemed attentive to Melanie.....too attentive. Seems as if she was awfully clingy to Melanie and a little creepy.

What was with that vertical "Melanie" glitter name she posted? Who would take the time to do that unless you were trying desperately to get the person's attention?
I read rockergirls myspace and there were no posts from melanie.

PlasmaFiend024 said:
Did anyone notice on her my space page.There is an old comment posted that says somthing to the effect"the end is near cant you taste it".it might not mean anything.but after what happened to her it does seem kinda eerie.
Probably the end of high school or something. I didn't do the math on age or anything, I just know my kid just got out of middle school and it was much anticipated for the last few semesters.

SCmomof2 said:
I read rockergirls myspace and there were no posts from melanie.

Which shows Melanie may not have been interested in a friendship with Rocker Girl.

concernedperson said:

Yeah, weird.

Parents Ask For Clues In Daughter's Death
HOUSTON -- The family of a woman found shot to death and burned asked to help to find their daughter's killer, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Melanie Parker, 21, was last seen on May 24 when she had lunch with her mother and cousin.

Parker was found dead when the Houston Fire Department responded to an apartment fire on Briargrove Drive near Westheimer Road on May 25.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/9602725/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member