O.J. Simpson's Daughter Gets Community Service for Confrontation With Police

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
no jail time news link

MIAMI — O.J. Simpson's daughter was sentenced Wednesday to 50 hours of community service in a deal with prosecutors that stemmed from a confrontation with police during a fight outside a prep school basketball game.
Sydney Simpson, 20, did not appear in court, but her lawyer accepted the deal on her behalf in a teleconference with a judge.

She was arrested in January 2005 when Miami police said she repeatedly yelled profanities at officers called to Ransom Everglades School to stop a fight after a boys' basketball game against Gulliver Prep. Then 19, Simpson had already graduated from Gulliver at the time.

While being taken into custody, she slapped an officer's hand, a police report said.

Simpson pleaded not guilty to resisting arrest without violence and disorderly conduct. The charges will be dropped if she completes the community work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts;
She should have been charged with an assault on an Officer.
Resisting arrest without violence??????How did she get charged with that when she assaulted an Officer....
So for all that and slapping an Officer on the hand,she in turn gets a "slap on the hand".

I often think of these kids to see how they are doing. Poor Nicole, I hope she rest in peace....:(

I can't imagine the confusion they must feel all the time about their mother's murder. It's a pretty widespread belief that their dad did it and got away with murder. They're close with the Brown family, and they HATE Simpson. I wonder how they can reconcile all that has happened and still love their father. Unless he just has them utterly brainwashed... which is possible I guess... *Shrug*

Well, she's been raised with the knowledge that "depending on who you are you can get away with murder". If she really believes her dad is innocent, I'm sure she has no respect for those in authority whatsoever. It's really very sad.

Its very sad and I am sure when she gets older she will start to "remember things". I wonder what she really thinks..Who thinks she will do interviews one day?

My first thought was, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....I think genetics is a huge factor, and she's got her dad's genes, unfortunately.....

I don't agree necessarily. The murder of your mother and the arrest and subsequent trial of your father for her murder changes the children in ways that we cannot begin to add up. Whose to say what this girl's life COULD have been if none of that ever happened. I think that influenced her more than "genes."

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't agree necessarily. The murder of your mother and the arrest and subsequent trial of your father for her murder changes the children in ways that we cannot begin to add up. Whose to say what this girl's life COULD have been if none of that ever happened. I think that influenced her more than "genes."
I know it is so sad. I am sure she thinks about her mom, and by all accounts Nicole was an excellent mother.....

Jeana (DP) said:
I think that if Sydney in anyway deep down believes that her Father did kill her mother how horribly conflicted she must be.... Seems to me that what happened to her mother can do nothing but have great influence in her life. How do you reconcile the fact the man who raised you and that you, love or perhaps she has a love/hate relationship with, may really have killled your mother?

On the surface if she is to believe he did not, and to defend OJ then she has to be angry at the ones who say he is guilty. OJ Simpson did a horrific thing killing Nicole, taking away the mother of his children not only left them without her. Him never being brought to Justus for it left them forever defenseless to deal with it. Unless they some day face the truth, I hope at least Sydney can do that before she destroys her own life. It is very sad.

TisHerself said:
I think that if Sydney in anyway deep down believes that her Father did kill her mother how horribly conflicted she must be.... Seems to me that what happened to her mother can do nothing but have great influence in her life. How do you reconcile the fact the man who raised you and that you, love or perhaps she has a love/hate relationship with, may really have killled your mother?

On the surface if she is to believe he did not, and to defend OJ then she has to be angry at the ones who say he is guilty. OJ Simpson did a horrific thing killing Nicole, taking away the mother of his children not only left them without her. Him never being brought to Justus for it left them forever defenseless to deal with it. Unless they some day face the truth, I hope at least Sydney can do that before she destroys her own life. It is very sad.

So true. Its a loose/loose situation for the kids.

TisHerself said:

How could Sydney NOT know he did it after all the abuse of Nicole by OJ? I'm sure she witnessed his rages. I feel so sorry for those two kids. What a mess.

Eve

eve said:
How could Sydney NOT know he did it after all the abuse of Nicole by OJ? I'm sure she witnessed his rages. I feel so sorry for those two kids. What a mess.

Eve

I agree Eve, but denial is a strong emotion. I've heard relatives of murderers say they wouldn't believe it even if there was a videotape of it. The mind must want to protect itself against that much pain.

OJ has had enough time to brain wash the kids, they're still young & probably accept the garbage he has told them. He put doubt in there minds......

Lets also remember he is the one who pays the bills & supports the kids. Kids aren't dumb they know they have to play his game to live the life they're accustomed to. He sang the blues & played on there minds for many years now.:boohoo: :furious: :eek:

eve said:

Eve

Sydney was a six year old child when her mother died. Whatever she witnessed in her parents marriage does NOT mean that she knows her Father killed her Mother. I am quite sure that whatever the problems are that both those children have because of that tradgedy that is one major one. People believing that Sydney could NOT help but know. How very sad to put that kind of pressure on someone who was only six years old at the time her mother was so brutally murdered..... And no one knows what she witnessed, she may never have seen OJ abuse Nicole.

TisHerself said:
Sydney was a six year old child when her mother died. Whatever she witnessed in her parents marriage does NOT mean that she knows her Father killed her Mother. I am quite sure that whatever the problems are that both those children have because of that tradgedy that is one major one. People believing that Sydney could NOT help but know. How very sad to put that kind of pressure on someone who was only six years old at the time her mother was so brutally murdered..... And no one knows what she witnessed, she may never have seen OJ abuse Nicole.

OmGosh Tis, I didn't mean to put any pressure or blame on the girl. I guess going through a divorce myself, I just know that even though I hoped I was hiding the fights from the kids (6-10 years old), they knew only too well. :( I feel terrible for those kids and I certainly understand how much denial and conflict it must generate, loving their mom, loving their dad...that monster. :furious:

Eve

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998