Prince Albert

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just saw on GMA that Prince Albert of Monaco has acknowledged a 2nd illegitimate child, a girl who lives in CA. He had a 2 week affair with the woman on the French Riviera years ago. He had planned to keep her idenity secret until she was 18 so she wouldn't have the publicity glare. Like his son she will not ascend to the throne but stands to inherit a ton of bucks.

Ok at least the guy accepts responsibility for these kids but he needs to get married and have kids and quit getting these women pregnant. Doesn't seem like he is practicing safe sex.

kato said:
Just saw on GMA that Prince Albert of Monaco has acknowledged a 2nd illegitimate child, a girl who lives in CA. He had a 2 week affair with the woman on the French Riviera years ago. He had planned to keep her idenity secret until she was 18 so she wouldn't have the publicity glare. Like his son she will not ascend to the throne but stands to inherit a ton of bucks.

Ok at least the guy accepts responsibility for these kids but he needs to get married and have kids and quit getting these women pregnant. Doesn't seem like he is practicing safe sex.
Very careless guy. The California child has been rumored for years. At least he's admitting it. I wonder why it took so long for him to take the paternity test?

PARIS Jun 1, 2006 (AP)— Monaco's Prince Albert II has acknowledged he is the father of a second illegitimate child, a 14-year-old girl living in California, his lawyer said in an interview published Thursday.
A link:http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/wireStory?id=2027224

According to this article from a year ago, Prince Albert did acknowledge his daughter and maintained a positive relationship with the mother, but his father, Prince Ranier interferred and did not allow Albert to officially acknowledge paternity.

I think it is disgusting how the royalty of this world treats their own offspring -- all for the perception of "legitimacy"

Scroll down to article #16:
http://www.hri.org/news/greek/eraen/2005/05-04-20_1.eraen.html

kato said:

She lives in Palm Desert where my aunt lives. They had all kinds of photographers outside of her school taking photos.......just sickening. I think they may have kept the poor girl inside away from them, don't know at this point.

kato said:

For the amount of girls this guy has slept with, I'd say he's probably practicing safe sex. If not, he'd have a ton of kids.

At least he is accepting responsibility for his children.

luvbeaches said:
For the amount of girls this guy has slept with, I'd say he's probably practicing safe sex. If not, he'd have a ton of kids.

At least he is accepting responsibility for his children.

There may be more out there than we know about. Having 2 illegitimate children is not having safe sex in my opinion. I do give him credit for owning up taking responsibility (at least financially).

I knew these two weren't in line for the throne, and here's the reason:

"Under a 2002 succession law, Monaco's throne will pass to Albert's eldest sister, Caroline, if he dies without having a child within a Catholic marriage. ."

Link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5037520.stm

kato said:
There may be more out there than we know about. Having 2 illegitimate children is not having safe sex in my opinion. I do give him credit for owning up taking responsibility (at least financially).

I look at it from a statistical standpoint. The guy has had countless affairs and for only two children having come from this, I'd think he's probably using some sort of protection.

But I wouldn't be surprised that there would be more out there. He's just been known as being such a playboy for so long...I can only imagine how many women he has been with...so that was my reasoning with the "safe sex" issue. If he never used protection, there could be thousands of children running around.

luvbeaches said:
I look at it from a statistical standpoint. The guy has had countless affairs and for only two children having come from this, I'd think he's probably using some sort of protection.

But I wouldn't be surprised that there would be more out there. He's just been known as being such a playboy for so long...I can only imagine how many women he has been with...so that was my reasoning with the "safe sex" issue. If he never used protection, there could be thousands of children running around.

I do understand your point.

ljwf22 said:
I knew these two weren't in line for the throne, and here's the reason:

"Under a 2002 succession law, Monaco's throne will pass to Albert's eldest sister, Caroline, if he dies without having a child within a Catholic marriage. ."

Link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5037520.stm
So he will end up marrying a poor young girl and use her to get himself an heir. Just like Prince Charles used Diana. :(

deandaniellws said:
So he will end up marrying a poor young girl and use her to get himself an heir. Just like Prince Charles used Diana. :(
That's my take too. And she'll have to be Catholic.

I also heard that these kids weren't acknowledged for so long and he waited until after his fathers death to publicly accept paternity so as not to embarrass his dad since he was the heir to the throne. Although it didn't stop Stephanie but she was way down the line of succession.

Like any of this is new? The arisotcracy has a long history of recognized bastardry running back to Roman days. The word "fitz" means "illegitimate issue". And anyone named "Fitzroy" was originally descended from illegitimate children of kings/royalty (roi). King James I had literally dozens of illegitmate children but no legitmate issue, which lead to one of England's many wars of succession. Many aristocratic families were founded by *advertiser censored* blue bloods who were given minor titles and land to keep them from competing with their legitimate half-siblings. Some even became trusted royal ambassadors or were married into royal and/or wealthy families. And since these men are married off to secure family holdings, rarely out of love or physical attraction, it's fairly wise to assume that every royal male has a least one illegitmate child in the woodpile, if not more--and that they might genuinely favor their love-child (in terms of affection and attention) over their legal issue.

*There is also a surname prefix that designates someone is the illegitmate issue of a cleric (such as bishop/cardinal/pope), but I can't remember what it is.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Like any of this is new? The arisotcracy has a long history of recognized bastardry running back to Roman days. The word "fitz" means "illegitimate issue". And anyone named "Fitzroy" was originally descended from illegitimate children of kings/royalty (roi). King James I had literally dozens of illegitmate children but no legitmate issue, which lead to one of England's many wars of succession. Many aristocratic families were founded by *advertiser censored* blue bloods who were given minor titles and land to keep them from competing with their legitimate half-siblings. Some even became trusted royal ambassadors or were married into royal and/or wealthy families. And since these men are married off to secure family holdings, rarely out of love or physical attraction, it's fairly wise to assume that every royal male has a least one illegitmate child in the woodpile, if not more--and that they might genuinely favor their love-child (in terms of affection and attention) over their legal issue.

*There is also a surname prefix that designates someone is the illegitmate issue of a cleric (such as bishop/cardinal/pope), but I can't remember what it is.

Interesting stuff.

BillyGoatGruff said:

Thanks for the history lesson. I didn't know any of this. :clap: :clap: :clap:

kato said:
I do understand your point.

I still think he's a bit of a sleezy guy. If the ruomors are true, who knows how many he has gotten in the sack. A pregnancy here and there isn't all that you have to think about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back