NY NY - Lori Ceci Bova, 26, Lakewood, 7 Jun 1997

Danstang

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted on here at all, but I have not seen it;

Twenty-six-year-old Lori Ceci Bova disappeared in June 1997, after having dinner in a Lakewood NY, restaurant with her husband, sister, and
brother-in-law. Her husband said they had an argument and that Lori went for a walk early the next morning.

Her husband stopped talking to investigators, her family, divorced her, lawyered up, and moved to North Carolina. Family is still looking for answers.

Google her name for all kinds of info.

New Path In Bova Case

SEPTEMBER 2008

New developments in the missing person case of Lori Ceci Bova are giving investigators a new path of attack and the family a cautious hope.

[snip]

''In the past several months, I've re-interviewed about 30 to 40 people,'' Gustafson said. ''Through these interviews, I learned some new information and have been digging deeper into the case from a new angle.''

[snip]

Gustafson said that after 11 years of working Lori's case, he feels like he knows her and owes it to her family to deliver them closure.

''My efforts have always been the same; find the person who knows where Lori is and bring closure to her family,'' he said. ''I will not give up until the day I can make that call.''

[snip]

A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to a conviction.

More: http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/512109.html?nav=5018

I actually started a thread about Lori ... I had came across an unidentified that reminded me of her...here is what I posted

Originally Posted by kseej2008
could someone look at this...I have been looking for info on another case and have looked at what seems to be thousands of pic/and stories but this one stuck out to me so I went back and found the unidentified post I had seen days ago...info is very close

unidentified found 10/8/200 death aprox '94-2000 Missing (Lori) missing 6/7/1997
unidentified age 17-20 Lori age 26 (off a bit)
unidentified ht 5' 0 to 5' 3" 80-100lbs Lori 5' 4" 110 lbs
hair long brown Lori long brown
found Utah --- almost str8 shot down interstate Lakewood, NY

unidentified you can see at the site http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTA...edpersons.html

I thought the sketch was close on shape of face

Lori page you can see at this site http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200604855S

I am new at this so I may be out of my head wrong...but I had to go back and find that unidentified I had seen a few days ago when I saw Lori's page....(and not just because of the hair because I have seen it numerous times but everything is close)

...thank you fifthessence for telling me how to post this....

Bumping for Lori, who has been missing for 19 years as of June. :rose::rose:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 27
Most of their family was actually killed in the car crash - Tyrone, his second wife, and youngest son. The only surviving member was their oldest son, who appears to be recovering now in the hospital. I definitely feel bad for that poor kid.

What's amazing about this is how Tyrone essentially started a new life in NC without anyone there knowing about his life in NY. I believe his second wife was from NY as well and yet she was comfortable enough to marry the guy. Although it's mind blowing, from everything I've read out there no one in NC knew - friends, employers etc. This is all stuff that's literally within the first page of a Google search.

Even recent articles with NY police are contemplating the steps necessarily to search his NC home. I feel bad for the kids here, but clearly he's on police radar and likely for good reason.

I guess if you ever need to start with a clean slate somewhere, NC is it.

In the following article, it is reported that a family friend of owner of the pizza restaurant Lori and Tyrone were at, she "recalls witnessing tension between the couple."

Later the same day Lori along with Tyrone and her sister went to Red Lobster. I wonder what Lori's sister said about "tension" during the dinner.

Excerpts from news article (below) (the video at top of article pertains to this case)

"Bova was last seen June 7, 1997, leaving Red Lobster in Lakewood after having dinner with husband Tyrone and her sister."

"He knew the answers to where she was and what happened to her. He was our person of interest in the case and he still is, even though he is now deceased,” said Lakewood-Busti Police Chief John Bentley.

"Pam Olson, a long-time family friend, and owner of Perfect Pizza, says Tyrone, Lori and her sister had lunch there the day she disappeared. She recalls witnessing tension between the couple."

Mystery surrounds Lori Ceci Bovas' disappearance

Lori Ceci Bova – The Charley Project
Details of Disappearance
Lori, her husband Tyrone, and her sister went to dinner at the Red Lobster restaurant on east Fairmont Avenue in Lakewood, New York during the evening hours of June 7, 1997. Lori and Tyrone departed the eatery at approximately 10:30 p.m.

Her husband told authorities that he and Lori had an argument after they returned to their apartment on New York Avenue and, at 2:00 a.m. on June 8, Lori went outside to smoke a cigarette and take a walk. She never returned and has never been seen again. Tyrone notified family members of her disappearance a few hours later, and they searched Lakewood in their cars before calling police.

Several months after Lori's disappearance, a clump of long human hair was found in Chautauqua Lake and authorities searched the water for her remains. No evidence was found and the hair turned out not to be hers. She left her purse, money and identification behind, and since her disappearance, she hasn't withdrawn any money from her bank account. At the time of her disappearance, Lori worked at Kay Jewelers at the local mall.

Tyrone never cooperated with the investigation and is considered a person of interest, but no charges have been filed against him or anyone else. Lori's mother died in 2010 without ever learning her fate, but her father is still alive. Tyrone remarried after her disappearance. In 2018, he, his second wife, and one of their young sons were all killed in a car accident.

Lori case remains unsolved and she's considered missing under suspicious circumstances.

Two sets of remains found in Chautauqua County.

RSBM *more at link*
  • The discovery of human remains this week in northern Chautauqua County has given the family of Lori Ceci Bova hope that the next step toward closure might finally be near — and if not for them then another family.
  • A hiker came across human remains Sunday evening just off a trail on Woleben Road in the town of Portland.
  • ...the first set of remains were likely there for a while, possibly decades, that could potentially rule out Bova.
  • Then on Monday, another set of remains were discovered by Chautauqua County sheriff’s deputies and later confirmed to be human. [snip]
  • three open missing person cases involving women in Chautauqua County: Bova, Corrie Anderson and the 27-year-old Patricia M. Laemmerhirt,
  • The skeletal remains found this week are currently being analyzed by forensic experts in Erie, Pa., for possible identification.

A really beautiful woman died, perhaps at the request of her husband, perhaps she wanted a divorce and he didn't, or perhaps he had a lover and needed to eliminate his wife. The saddest thing is the children, the oldest one who will never know what happened to his mother ....
rest in peace lori

Chautauqua County Sheriff James Quattrone said he was first introduced to Williams-Diers by the family of Lori Ceci Bova, then a 26-year-old when she went missing in June 1997.

Quattrone was then led to her Facebook page focused on missing and unidentified persons. It was that page, he noted, that helped the Sheriff’s Office eventually identify the remains of a woman discovered in the town of Portland.

“Since that time, our agency has stayed in touch with that page but, more importantly, with Merry — perhaps much to her credit as she is consistently sharing possible leads and links to missing and unidentified persons with us,” Quattrone said. “It is great to get different perspectives that can assist us in looking in different areas. Merry works tirelessly and unselfishly in an attempt to bring some level of peace to families and friends.”

Two sets of remains found in Chautauqua County.

RSBM *more at link*
  • The discovery of human remains this week in northern Chautauqua County has given the family of Lori Ceci Bova hope that the next step toward closure might finally be near — and if not for them then another family.
  • A hiker came across human remains Sunday evening just off a trail on Woleben Road in the town of Portland.
  • ...the first set of remains were likely there for a while, possibly decades, that could potentially rule out Bova.
  • Then on Monday, another set of remains were discovered by Chautauqua County sheriff’s deputies and later confirmed to be human. [snip]
  • three open missing person cases involving women in Chautauqua County: Bova, Corrie Anderson and the 27-year-old Patricia M. Laemmerhirt,
  • The skeletal remains found this week are currently being analyzed by forensic experts in Erie, Pa., for possible identification.
For the first time, the Sheriff's Office has described the unidentified female victim as being between 15 and 35 years old and between 4 feet, 11 inches and 5 feet, 7 inches. Using dental records, police already have determined that the woman is not Lori Ceci Bova or Corrie Anderson — two Chautauqua County women reported missing and who have not been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back