Charles Gibson

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Even though the announcement is a few days old I just wanted to say that I'm glad Charles Gibson now has the top anchor spot on "World News Tonight". Although I like Bob Woodruff and Elizabeth Vargas I feel Gibson should have gotten it in the 1st place. He has earned it and paid his dues. He seems like a man with alot of integrity.

I think he comes across as having a good personality and being really likeable. He probably should have gotten it from the get go. They were probably going for the younger audience though.

I like Gibson too but I have been a Woodruff fan for a long time. I hope he makes it back on some level. I had heard that Gibson wanted a longer contract than ABC was willing to give him last year, so Vargas & Woodruff got the job. Good Morning America is my favorite by far. Is Charlie going to be replaced on it?

ljwf22 said:
I like Gibson too but I have been a Woodruff fan for a long time. I hope he makes it back on some level. I had heard that Gibson wanted a longer contract than ABC was willing to give him last year, so Vargas & Woodruff got the job. Good Morning America is my favorite by far. Is Charlie going to be replaced on it?

I figured he hadn't gotten it in the 1st place probably due to money/contract issues. They must've sweetned the deal this time around. GMA is my fave network morning show also. As far as a replacement I haven't heard (could've missed though) of one yet. They might just stick with Diane & Robin.

Come to think of it I think I heard rumblings about Bryant Gumbel (forget where). I hope not. He's an arrogant, cocky man. I wonder if he's still married to that woman he left his wife for.

My thought is ABC missed the boat by not offering Merideth Viera a counter offer to host the evening news right there on ABC. That would have put her in the same spot as Katie Couric and I personally would have watched Merideth over Katie.

kato said:
Even though the announcement is a few days old I just wanted to say that I'm glad Charles Gibson now has the top anchor spot on "World News Tonight". Although I like Bob Woodruff and Elizabeth Vargas I feel Gibson should have gotten it in the 1st place. He has earned it and paid his dues. He seems like a man with alot of integrity.
I agree . Didn't Charles Gibson leave GMA awhile back , for a few years? What was that about, does anyone know?

desertjade said:
I agree . Didn't Charles Gibson leave GMA awhile back , for a few years? What was that about, does anyone know?

Hmmmm. I can't recall that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back