Okla. governor approves executing molesters

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma on Friday became the fifth state to allow the death penalty for certain sex crimes, although legal scholars questioned the constitutionality of the new state law.
Under the measure signed by Gov. Brad Henry, anyone convicted twice for rape, sodomy or lewd molestation involving children under 14 can face the death penalty.

South Carolina's governor signed a similar law on Thursday allowing the death penalty for offenders convicted twice of raping children younger than 11. Louisiana, Florida and Montana also have laws allowing the death penalty for certain sex crimes.

Defense attorneys and death penalty experts said the laws defy recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions that have scaled back the death penalty's application.

More: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-06-09-okla-molester-executions_x.htm?csp=34

clap.gif
So happy to read this!

This is great, but now here come all the lawyers and bleeding hearts who are more damn concerned with the rights of the perp than they are the victims. To them I say.....:razz:

PrayersForMaura said:
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma on Friday became the fifth state to allow the death penalty for certain sex crimes, although legal scholars questioned the constitutionality of the new state law.
Under the measure signed by Gov. Brad Henry, anyone convicted twice for rape, sodomy or lewd molestation involving children under 14 can face the death penalty.

South Carolina's governor signed a similar law on Thursday allowing the death penalty for offenders convicted twice of raping children younger than 11. Louisiana, Florida and Montana also have laws allowing the death penalty for certain sex crimes.

Defense attorneys and death penalty experts said the laws defy recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions that have scaled back the death penalty's application.

More: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-06-09-okla-molester-executions_x.htm?csp=34

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: the only flaw I see is that it applies to offenders who are TWICE convicted.
IMO pervs should not b let out of prison to re-offend..
they should not ever ever ever get a second chance.

I have to agree they should not be let out the first time. I think with solid proof of their crimes, we should take away their eyesight. If they cannot see the child they cannot do it harm. I know that is way out there. But it is best I can think of short of shooting them dead!

Just this Okie's opinion!

Sabego

Yeah Brad!!
This is something that Frank would have never let passed!!
April
okie from muskogee

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: the only flaw I see is that it applies to offenders who are TWICE convicted.
IMO pervs should not b let out of prison to re-offend..
they should not ever ever ever get a second chance.

Amra, I agree 100%.

I think twice implies that the first time could be a miscarriage of justice. I am delighted Oklahoma and our GREAT Gov Brad Henry is doing SOMETHING! FINALLY! (Altho...legal hurdles now begin with the defense lawyers and the Supreme Court...he DID SOMETHING!) Living in Oklahoma is always an experience. This time it is in the right direction!

I hope that's rape of a child under 14, sodomy with a child under 14, and rape of a child under 14. Some of my favorite people enjoy a little sodomy with people their own age.

Before we carry the celebration too far step back a bit and think of the ramifications:
Isn't this going to lead to a situation in which a sex criminal will be more likely to kill his victim if he knows he will face the death penalty?
At one time some states had the death penalty for kidnapping and that's what happened, there were cases in which people were murdered as a result.
Good intentions- end result is fraught with danger in my opinion.

Before we carry the celebration too far step back a bit and think of the ramifications:
Isn't this going to lead to a situation in which a sex criminal will be more likely to kill his victim if he knows he will face the death penalty?
At one time some states had the death penalty for kidnapping and that's what happened, there were cases in which people were murdered as a result.

I think a sex criminal is more than likely to kill his/or her victim nowadays anyway. I mean are we assuming that a predator is going to rape and assault the child then drop them back off accordingly in front of their home? In a park maybe? No thanks, I think the death penalty is ....in the words of goldie locks....juuuust right. At first I thought maybe death penalty after 1st offense....but SS, you make a good point, I suppose someone m-i-g-h-t be falsely accused, that is possible but wouldn't the trial take care of determining guilt or innocence?

Well then, we as the people of this free great nation who have cried the tears, gave our love to the child who we have never met and live with the pain in our hearts when any of our precious children die a horrific, terrifying death should stand strong in front of our judges and congressmen and women and especially before our President. And be the voice for each of these children who have forever lost his or hers.

Novice Seeker

Perhaps, but if the perp values his/her own life more than the law could also be a deterient from going thru with this act. If someone is going to kill, they will, not b/c of some law but b/c they choose to. IMO find this justification for not making the DP part of the consequence.

Perhaps, but if the perp values his/her own life more than that of the child could also be a deterient from going thru with this act and face the death penalty. If someone is going to kill, they will, not b/c of some law but b/c they choose to. IMO find this justification for not making the DP part of the consequence for the death of a child without merit.

If they truly want to stop from killing or molesting our children there are organizations they can reach out to for help. If they choose not to then they must live with the consequence.

Novice Seeker

Even significant jail time would be a motive to kill the victim. I'm tired of seeing child molestors walk after serving a few years. When they get out, they're even more dangerous. I like the idea, but life in prison without the possibility of parole would be my second choice.
How about only killing them when there is DNA evidence present ?

Next step, get the same law passed nationwide! I know we could sure use it in Ohio! Although, I agree that they shouldn't get a second chance, which allows them to destroy 2 lives!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back