Train hits car, killing three in Tennessee

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link
MOSCOW, Tenn. Three people are dead after a train hit a car in western Tennessee Friday.

authorities say everyone in the car was female. Three of them were teenagers -- 13, 16 and 19 years old.

I hate train crossings that don't have a gate or bells. A stop sign is just not good enough in my opinion.

I agree. THere is no excuse not to have the crossing arms and ligths at EVERY train crossing!!

Very tragic! We lived in Italy and none of their train crossings where we lived were even marked with a stop sign! I used to make my husband stop at every single one and roll down the windows and listen! Unmarked train crossings are so extremely dangerous!

I agree that there SHOULD be signals and the cross gates. But it is the driver of the CAR's responsiblity to: stop, look, listen. Those train tracks weren't put up overnight, so if you travel a route where you know there is a railroad crossing, it is up to you to make sure you stay out of the on-coming trains way. It won't jump off the tracks to chase you down, so you are putting yourself in their way. In this day and age where self-accountability is an atiquated notion, it's easy to forget that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back