Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident

saw this in FOX as well. He better be OK...training starts soon! Go Steelers!
I also heard that his injuries aren't severe...but who really knows at this point with all of these conflicting reports!
Prayers for Big Ben!
I really like the guy but, he should have be wearing a darned helmet! He has said before that he doesn't like to wear them...bet he will now...Gosh, I sure hope he's well. Too talented of an athlete with a huge career in front of him for him to not be fine....

Go figure why they will wear a helmet playing football, but not on the streets on a motorcycle!!

They are required to wear the football helmet.( I know you already know that, I.m not trying to be a smart azz.)

I'm glad that here in California we have a law that hemets must be worn for motorcycles. Just like we have the seat belt laws.

Oh, people were complaining about it a lot for awhile but they've gotten used to it. I can't quote any stats but I'm sure it's saved many lives.

I'm hoping the best for this young man. The article said he was talking and trying to get up so that sounds hopeful.

FOX says he is serious but stable condition...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199156,00.html

Coach Cowher had lectured him about riding it and Terry Bradshaw told him to ride it when he's retired. I've found that even though you may want to fight it, it is wise to listen to your elders! ;)

My husband is having a fit right now! Big, big Steelers fan, he is! We all are, but he bleeds yellow and gold, lol. He was with them even through the rotten years! Prayers for Big Ben!

HUGE Steelers and Big Ben fan here.
Buzz - where are you?

Thanks for that recent link. I am glad he was trying to get up - maybe this won't be too serious and he learned a valuable lessoon.

It seems serious!! Injuries are broken left sinus cavity, 9 inch laceration to back of his head, lost teeth, plastic surgen has been called in, both knees are damaged, broken jaw, and possible spinal injury. I will post more asap!

Usher737 said:
It seems serious!! Injuries are broken left sinus cavity, 9 inch laceration to back of his head, lost teeth, plastic surgen has been called in, both knees are damaged, and possible spinal injury. I will post more asap!
My gosh! I truly hope he is okay! How terrifying for his family!!

No, wearing a helmet while driving a motorcycle is NOT in his contract.

The trauma doctor said he was in "serious but stable condition". Also said he is in the operating room. That was at 1:30 PM EDT.

They showed pictures on the TV of the car he hit. His head hit the windshield, it is shattered and dented in. A witness says he hit the windshield, then was thrown to the pavement where he hit his head again and then rolled over and over. Other reports say he was bleeding profusely from a cut above one eye and another cut on the back of his head.

Here is a picture of the car windshield that he hit: :eek:

9356658_400X300.jpg

Oh my - at this point I don't care about the season I want Ben to be OK.

Prayers to Ben and his family.

mic730 said:

AMEN, prayers to Ben and his family!!!

mic730 said:

I agree, mic. As soon as I heard about the wreck and saw the pictures...it is all about Ben and his life. It will be a miracle for him to survive such a terrible crash.

arielilane said:
I agree, mic. As soon as I heard about the wreck and saw the pictures...it is all about Ben and his life. It will be a miracle for him to survive such a terrible crash.

It's amazing he survived. I read his Mom was in town to do a Campbells Chunky soup commerical with him. I had to laugh when I thought with a broken jaw he might be eating a lot of soup. :)

(BTW his Mom died when he was young and Brenda is his step-mom.)

http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/2006/06/roethlisberger-is-the-new-mcnabb/

Praying for Ben.

....Sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth...Now, granted he still would have hurt his knees even with a helmet on, but the rest of his injuries would have been far less severe...

Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet on a motorcycle, or even a bike, for that matter, is a dumbass, (or a child whose parents don't care...)...

Facts from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's Highway Loss Data Institute...

http://www.iihs.org/research/qanda/helmet_use.html

Ben Roethlisberger has a lot more to worry about than playing quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition late Monday night after breaking his jaw and nose in a motorcycle crash earlier in the day.

Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship, was taken to Pittsburgh's Mercy Hospital, where he underwent seven hours of surgery.

It was not immediately known whether the accident would affect Roethlisberger's chances of playing this season.

Dr. Harry W. Sell, chairman of the hospital's surgery department, told reporters that four doctors operated on Roethlisberger for multiple facial fractures and that "all of the fractures were successfully repaired."

Doctors are unaware of any other serious injuries, but said Roethlisberger remained in serious but stable condition, according to Dr. Daniel Pituch, who led the team of doctors caring for the star player.

"His brain, spine, chest and abdomen appear to be without serious injury and there are no other confirmed injuries at this time," he said.

More at link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060613/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_steelers_roethlisberger_accident&printer=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back