TN TN - REID, Paul Dennis, Died while awaiting execution on death row, 01 Nov 2013

luckyevan93

Reaction score
I searched, didn't find this case on here anywhere; he's convicted of 7 murders already (one man who lived through one gruesome attack identified him at trial) is back in the news. I'll find some of the other links - it's gone on for years :furious:

NewsChannel5.com

Inmate Wants Execution, Doctor Says He's Incompetent
Posted: 6/12/2006 10:26:00 PM
Updated: 6/13/2006 9:44:53 AM

060612reid.jpg

Paul Dennis Reid, convicted of seven fast food murders in middle Tennessee, was scheduled to die by lethal injection at the end of the month. He said he wants to die. His family said he has a mental illness and cannot make that decision.

Reid's sister and his lawyers were in court Monday arguing, despite what Reid says, his execution should be stayed and there should be another hearing to determine whether he is mentally competent.

Some of the victims' families were there Monday morning as well, and they feel this is just another unnecessary delay and they want to see the justice they've been promised.

A doctor submitted an affidavit Monday, saying Reid has left temporal lobe dysfunction and declared him to be incompetent.

No one remembers Paul Reid for his music, but many in middle Tennessee can't forget him for the fear he created across the mid-state.

Juries convicted Reid of seven fast food murders.

“I did not commit those nefarious homicides,” he said in a 1997 interview.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. SEE LINK BELOW FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE
:)

Oh goodness I remember this guy, we lived in Clarksville,Tn. at the time he murdered the 2 girls that worked at Baskin Robbins!It was sooo horrible, they were missing for awhile and found at a popular park.One of the girls was married to a soldier who was in the same unit as my hubby at the time..they had a little baby girl at the time...this Paul Reid is a slime ball!My grandpa is a guard for TDOC and has met him a few times and says he is completely crazy, but is completely coherant and a dang good actor.:mad: Hopefully he will get his wish granted soon, but that would be too easy.

luckyevan93 said:
I searched, didn't find this case on here anywhere; he's convicted of 7 murders already (one man who lived through one gruesome attack identified him at trial) is back in the news. I'll find some of the other links - it's gone on for years :furious:

sounds like it'll go on for more too :furious:

various links on this story say that paul reid stopped his appeals in 2008.. as in he had more yet he said he was done. he said he was sorry to the families. and that the government experimenting on him* was making it too hard to continue with the appeals, so he would accept his fate (execution).

o.k., whatever you think about THAT, here is the thing.. that was in 2008! there were a couple of executions in 2009... why not him, too? he had SEVEN death penality convictions (most in the state).

did they think he'd change his mind? if he did, what does it matter if he went to court and gave up his other appeals?

i mean, he is dead now either way, but that is all confusing to me.

eta
ringing in his ears, weird sleep patterns, pain were the symptoms he listed as proof (i'm just saying he said this, idk)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back