John did not sexually abuse JonBenet

aussiesheila

Inactive
Reaction score
Do these descriptions of JonBenet's behaviour made by people outside of the family sound as though JonBenet was being sexually abused by her father?

Barbara Kostanick the mother of one of JonBenet's friends is quoted in PMPT as saying:

"JonBenet seemed resentful that her father traveled so much. Not really angry, just sad. She really liked him a lot."

Also in PMPT there is an account by Brian Scott the gardener of a conversation he had with JonBenet when he was in the garden raking up the leaves while JonBenet was with him:

“Last year my Dad and I did that.”
And then she said quietly; “I really miss him. I wish he was around more.”
“Where does he go?”
“I don't know. But sometimes he goes away for a long time.”
“You really miss him?”
“Yeah, I really miss him a lot.”

Then she started to cry, tears rolling down her cheeks.

IMO if John had been sexually molesting JonBenet the times he was away would have been the only times she felt safe and she would be wishing he would stay a lot more.

aussiesheila said:
Do these descriptions of JonBenet's behaviour made by people outside of the family sound as though JonBenet was being sexually abused by her father?

Barbara Kostanick the mother of one of JonBenet's friends is quoted in PMPT as saying:

"JonBenet seemed resentful that her father traveled so much. Not really angry, just sad. She really liked him a lot."

Also in PMPT there is an account by Brian Scott the gardener of a conversation he had with JonBenet when he was in the garden raking up the leaves while JonBenet was with him:

“Where does he go?”
“You really miss him?”

IMO if John had been sexually molesting JonBenet the times he was away would have been the only times she felt safe and she would be wishing he would stay a lot more.
I wouldn't put it past Patsy to have been sexually abusing JonBenet. There was quite an interesting post a while back re that (I can't remember the poster at the moment).

aussiesheila said:

“Where does he go?”
“You really miss him?”

I have often read stories of young girls molested but their daddy's and it seemed to me that they were very close to them it seems weird but almost like a relationship other then father and daughter, in the childs eyes. Like I could totally see a young girl feeling that she did miss the abuser because when you are 5 or 6 you really dont know what is wrong when an adult is abusing you, you actually think its ok. Thats just my opinion.....

I don't think John was abusing her. He didn't abuse Beth or Melinda and wouldn't you think you could look to his past behavior. I'm leaning more towards Patsy, BR, or JAR. Also, if JR was sexually frustrated like I think he was, he would have gotten it from someone else. Patsy was threatened enough to mention the blonde down the street and he was away on a lot of trips. I never thought he abused her.

ellen13 said:
I don't think John was abusing her. He didn't abuse Beth or Melinda and wouldn't you think you could look to his past behavior. I'm leaning more towards Patsy, BR, or JAR. Also, if JR was sexually frustrated like I think he was, he would have gotten it from someone else. Patsy was threatened enough to mention the blonde down the street and he was away on a lot of trips. I never thought he abused her.
I dont think he did either, I dont think patsy did maybe burke??

ellen13 said:

The abuse could have been a form of punishment for toilet training issues. That's one possibilty.

BUT, remember, John was very traumitized by Beth's death. Is it possible this trauma let to a change in John?

My gut tells me it wasn't John. JMO.

Tricia said:
BUT, remember, John was very traumitized by Beth's death. Is it possible this trauma let to a change in John?

My gut tells me it wasn't John. JMO.
I agree with you that my gut says that as well. But Trauma will make people change and act in ways you never knew they were capable of......

I don't think you can take an isolated moment and use it to characterize a father-daughter relationship. I have had abuse survivors turn on me for naming their father as their abuser. I think there can be a disconnect between the father-daughter and the abuser-victim relationships.

None of the principals in this case act like an innocent person would...they remain under suspicion in my mind, both jointly and separately.

twinkiesmom said:
I don't think you can take an isolated moment and use it to characterize a father-daughter relationship. I have had abuse survivors turn on me for naming their father as their abuser. I think there can be a disconnect between the father-daughter and the abuser-victim relationships.

None of the principals in this case act like an innocent person would...they remain under suspicion in my mind, both jointly and separately.
I agree, I do think John was JB's abuser. I also think possibly the reason he kept his older daughter's photo in his bathroom, after her death, was that he may have abused her too... JMHO!

Michael Jackson hid his *advertiser censored* in his bathroom...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was Priscilla who called the woman a "blonde ". She didn't like that the woman would look in at Priscilla's house when jogging and had made comments about Priscilla's unkempt house.

i think thomas said it was patsy who called the unnamed woman down the road a Blonde . a little Southern bit o' charm, Patsy had a neat turn of phrase they say ;)

sissi said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was Priscilla who called the woman a "blonde ". She didn't like that the woman would look in at Priscilla's house when jogging and had made comments about Priscilla's unkempt house.
I'm sure it was Patsy who called the woman the "Blonde B*tch" during her first fight against cancer when she said she would fight the disease in order to stop this "blonde b*tch" getting her husband!

Jayelles said:
I'm sure it was Patsy who called the woman the "Blonde B*tch" during her first fight against cancer when she said she would fight the disease in order to stop this "blonde b*tch" getting her husband!
Where does all this info come from, is there a book I need to buy to read this??

Hang around this forum long enough and you find out everything you need to know :p
There's lots of books on this case..PMPT is probably the most informative that I have read.
I have only read a couple of them though.

narlacat said:
Hang around this forum long enough and you find out everything you need to know :p
There's lots of books on this case..PMPT is probably the most informative that I have read.
I have only read a couple of them though.
I have that book and I started reading it again but now we are in the middle of a move so I need to put it off a bit. I am just curious to what book that stuff is in though....

I'm not sure where the 'blonde ' story originated from sorry, maybe someone else knows....

twinkiesmom said:

twinkiesmom, I thought when not just one but two independent people made these corroborating statements then what they said about JonBenet should be given serious consideration.

I do not work in this field as you do so do not have any experience of dealing with survivors. I see what you are saying, but do you think a girl who had been abused by her father would be actively wishing he did not go away so much?

I think I understand what you mean when you say there can be a disconnect between the father-daughter and the abuser-victim relationships, but I am just wondering whether JonBenet fitted that description. She really seemed to want her father to be around more. Don't you think the type of girl abused by her father that you and also Michelle have described would have been more shut down and apathetic and not been so positive about really wanting her father around more as JonBenet apparently was?

michelle said:
I have often read stories of young girls molested but their daddy's and it seemed to me that they were very close to them it seems weird but almost like a relationship other then father and daughter, in the childs eyes. Like I could totally see a young girl feeling that she did miss the abuser because when you are 5 or 6 you really dont know what is wrong when an adult is abusing you, you actually think its ok. Thats just my opinion.....
Michelle, my feeling is that by the time a girl is 5 or 6 she knows whether she wants her rather around or not. I am not speaking as a professional in the field or anything, this is just my own personal opinion. I think I can imagine the situation you describe arising when the abusing father shuts off his daughter's contacts with other males. I have read of situations where the father is very overbearing and limits his children's interaction with people outside the family. This is the situation where I can imagine that an abused girl might miss the abusing father. But this does not seem to be the case with John and JonBenet.

narlacat said:
I'm not sure where the 'blonde ' story originated from sorry, maybe someone else knows....

Some background:
www.mediawhore.com said:
Further evidence of John Ramsey's character burst into public view recently when the tabloids (god luv 'em) revealed the name of one Kimberly Ballard, who allegedly had an affair with family man, father of "Daddy's Little Girl," John Ramsey. While Patsy was undergoing chemotherapy treatments for cancer, John Ramsey was perusing the personal ads in the back of USA Today as I guess discerning millionaires do. After a Tucson tryst with Ms. Ballard (who was pre-qualified by J.R. as petite and blonde) they continued to see and know one another for some three months until Ballard, feeling a little uncomfortable, broke it off.

You get a rebuttal here:
http://www.jameson245.com/doc1of2.htm
near bottom of the page

And here:
http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/05112000ramseyinterviewep.htm
again bottom of the page

I also "think" JR mentions Kimberly Ballard in DOI

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online