ID - Theresa Time, Samantha Murphy, Jae Lynne Grimes, killed, Boise, 15 June 2006

cathieq

Reaction score
BOISE, Idaho — "The severed head of a man's wife flew from his pickup truck Thursday after he crashed into an oncoming car...The investigation of the deadly wreck and the head, which was tossed onto the roadway by the impact, led police to the decapitated body of 47-year-old Theresa N. Time in the garage of the home she shared with her husband..."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199729,00.html

video & pictures at the link below - :confused:
http://tinyurl.com/qvgow

POSTED: 9:04 pm PDT June 15, 2006

<!--startindex-->BOISE, Idaho -- The severed head of a man's wife flew from his pickup truck Thursday when he crashed into an oncoming car, killing the driver and her child, police said.

Investigators say the man was driving erratically before the crash, which was witnessed by a police officer.

Police found the body of Theresa Time in the garage of the home she shared with her husband, Alofa. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/9380110/detail.html

What a shame....
So many ppl died because of this one terrible man...
:eek:

BOISE, Idaho -- The severed head of a man's wife flew from his pickup truck Thursday when he crashed into an oncoming car, killing the driver and her child, police said.

The head, which landed on the roadway after the crash early Thursday, is unrelated to the accident.

Investigators said Alofa Time, 51, was driving erratically before the crash.

The man was taken into custody after a Boise police officer witnessed the fatal crash Thursday -- and then discovered the severed female head that was ejected from Time's vehicle.

The officer had been following the man's pickup truck on a city street when Time began swerving and then crossed into an oncoming lane of traffic. His vehicle struck another car, killing 36-year-old Samantha Murphy and her 4-year-old daughter, Jae Lynne Grimes. Another child in Murphy's car was injured and in stable condition at a Boise hospital.

More at link:

http://www.wjactv.com/news/9380110/detail.html

What I don't understand is why is he only being charged with 2nd degree murder? He chopped off his wife's head for gods sake and then because of his driving he killed a mother and her 4 year old child!!! What in the blazes does a person need to do there to be charged with 1st degree???

Old Broad

Old Broad said:
What I don't understand is why is he only being charged with 2nd degree murder? He chopped off his wife's head for gods sake and then because of his driving he killed a mother and her 4 year old child!!! What in the blazes does a person need to do there to be charged with 1st degree???

Old Broad

The article said he was charged with second degree murder in the deaths of the mother and her daughter. It doesn't appear that first degree murder charges have been filed yet in the death of his wife.

Figures that he survives the crash and not the poor people he hit.

The way the sentence was written made it sound like the severed head killed the people in the other car.

The severed head of a man's wife flew from his pickup truck Thursday when he crashed into an oncoming car, killing the driver and her child, police said.

The head, which landed on the roadway after the crash early Thursday, is unrelated to the accident.

I am usually in agreement w/ you Billy, but that is not how I am interpreting this. The head flew from his truck after the crash.

JMO :)

lilsister said:
The severed head of a man's wife flew from his pickup truck Thursday when he crashed into an oncoming car, killing the driver and her child, police said.

I am usually in agreement w/ you Billy, but that is not how I am interpreting this. The head flew from his truck after the crash.

JMO :)
This is sick, It was truly a "head-on" collision. Somebody please send me to my corner now:slap:

We have another whole thread started on this in the Bizarre News forum, because that's what it is. Maybe the Mods can merge the threads...

Posted on Fri, Jun. 16, 2006

BY PATRICK ORR, HEATH DRUZIN, SANDRA FORESTER AND EMILY SIMNITT

Knight Ridder Newspapers

<!-- begin body-content -->BOISE, Idaho - Alofa Time's violence tore two families apart, police say. The 50-year-old Nampa, Idaho, man is accused of beheading his estranged wife Thursday and hours later killing a mother and daughter in a horrific early morning car crash.

Time is in jail, charged with first-degree murder in the beheading and two counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of Samantha Murphy and her 4-year-old daughter Jaelynne Grimes, whose car Alofa Time slammed into on Franklin Road in West Boise. The severed head of Time's estranged wife, Theresa, was found at the crash scene; her body was later found at the couple's Nampa home.

Samantha Murphy was driving her children to day care Thursday morning, and then heading to work - just like any other day. But shortly before 6:30 a.m., a man driving a pickup truck east on Franklin Road swerved into the young family's westbound Nissan Sentra and hit them straight on.

A Boise police officer on his way to investigate another accident saw the truck driving erratically on Franklin Road, then witnessed the crash.

First responders tried to save Murphy, 36, and Jaelynne, 4, but it was too late. The mother and her daughter died at the scene, just a mile from their West Boise home. Another daughter, Syndee Murphy, 8, was taken to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center.

Officers then turned their attention to a disoriented Alofa Time and his severely damaged truck. One wheel was off the pickup's front, and broken beer bottles littered the road, along with a radio, some tools and other debris.

Then officers made a grisly discovery: A severed female head lay on Franklin Road about 30 feet from the truck.

The head had apparently been thrown from the truck, and the passenger side of the truck bed was spattered with blood.

Police knew the head didn't come from a body at the scene.

Once he was in custody, Time told Boise police that he was involved in a murder in Nampa.

"It's as bad as you can imagine," said Michael Webb, a deputy chief with the Boise Police Department, at a news conference three hours after the accident. "We have a horrific piece of evidence."

The severed head, coupled with Time's statement to police, set off an investigation that led to the discovery of Time's estranged wife's headless body hours later in the couple's home.

By midday, police confirmed that they had found the body of 47-year-old Theresa N. Time sitting up in the driver's seat of a white passenger car parked in the garage.

Theresa Time told police this spring that she and Alofa had been together for 4 1/2 years and married last fall. She told police they divorced in January, but a Statesman search of public records found no report of their divorce.

In December, the couple bought the light tan, white-trimmed house in the 1800 block of Lotus Ponds Court. The sidewalk leading to their front door is lined with dark orange and yellow marigolds and decorative rocks.

Cecilie Santini, who lives a few doors down, said she thought that police had been to the home before to investigate domestic violence and that Alofa Time had a restraining order against him.

Court documents show Alofa Time was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery on March 19. Five days later, Theresa Time asked the judge to terminate a no-contact order that prohibited Alofa from talking to or meeting with her.

"We need to work things out and it's hard to do that with a no-contact order," she said in her request to the judge.

The judge required Theresa Time to attend domestic violence and safety planning courses at the Valley Crisis Center in Nampa before he would lift the no-contact order. According to police records, Theresa took five classes, and on May 30 the judge approved her request. more at link:http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/nation/14837134.htm

June 16, 2006 07:24 PM PDT <TABLE id=wnStoryBox style="DISPLAY: none" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width=180 align=left bgColor=#ffffff border=0 NAME="D20"><TBODY><TR><TD><!--AD 180x150 LOCAL--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><IFRAME id=wnsz_20 style="VISIBILITY: hidden" border=1 name=wnsz_20 marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 frameBorder=0 width=180 scrolling=no height=150 allowTransparency><SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.1'>if (document.layers) {document.write('<SCR' + 'IPT language=JavaScript1.1 SRC=""/Global/ad.asp?type=single&cls1=News - Hard News&src1=loc&spct1=100&sz1=wnsz_20&callType=script />'); document.close();}</SCRIPT></IFRAME><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1>coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');</SCRIPT></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>
pxl_trans.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BOISE -- Ada County prosecutors say suicide is the reason Alofa Time intentionally veered his car into oncoming traffic, killing a Boise mother and her 4 -year old daughter.

"He implored to the officer to shoot him because he had just murdered his wife," prosecuters said. "He was taken into custody. A suicide note was found on his person."

Time allegedly decapitated his wife and was carrying her severed head in his truck at the time of the wreck. After the crash, prosecutors say he told an officer to shoot him because he had murdered his wife.

According to court documents, Time had a suicide note on him, along with $300 dollars set aside for his cremation. There was also a six to eight page suicide note found in Time's truck. Records reveal that note contained Time's motive for killing his wife Theresa. more at link:http://www.fox12news.com/Global/story.asp?S=5043017

This story has me so upset. Here are a few links with good coverage. The first has the best local television coverage of this horrific, bizarre crime:

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jun1606-crashvictims.90e57892.html (several links here to interviews)

Local newspaper coverage here:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Here's a picture of Samantha Murphy's 2 girls. The little one is the one that died at the scene. Her older sister must be devastated at the loss of her Mommy and little sister :( :
http://vh10503.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=G0&Date=20060616&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=616002&Ref=PH&Profile=1002&Item=2&MaxW=500&title=1&Maxh=400&Q=80

Idaho, have they revealed his "motive" for murdering his wife? She sounded like the classic abused wife continually taking him back from what I read. Poor woman!:(

LinasK said:
Idaho, have they revealed his "motive" for murdering his wife? She sounded like the classic abused wife continually taking him back from what I read. Poor woman!:(
Not that I have seen...one thing that really struck me is the fact she worked for the Department of Health and Welfare, helping people to be more self-reliant. So, so sad... and such a waste of lives!!

I am furious that the dirtbag lived!! I am just shaking my head at how things turn out sometimes. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back