Dog missing for four years reunited with family

Just great...woow.
Funny no one before this checked to see if the dog had a chip....
Chicago, Cook County it's mandatory for every dog to have a chip and vet's with new dogs in family's check for the chip when at the vet's office.

Wish that was mandatory every where...

:)

We have just made chipping mandatory here which is great news for pets. It really does help save their lives.

Pharlap said:
Just great...woow.
Funny no one before this checked to see if the dog had a chip....
Chicago, Cook County it's mandatory for every dog to have a chip and vet's with new dogs in family's check for the chip when at the vet's office.

Wish that was mandatory every where...

:)
From the article I got the impression that the dog had not seen a vet.
Or possibly the vet did not look for a chip because the dog was brought in by someone claiming ownership.
This was the first time in the four years that the dog was brought into a shelter.
Its a good thing they still looked for the chip.

In this day, all vet's should check for a chip on first visit, even if they know the owners.:doh: What gives? :razz:

I would think that if that were the case then people who did take or find a pet would be reluctant to bring them in to a vet.

Also if I bring my dog in I only authorize certain treatment.
I don't think they can just do whatever they want.

Amraann said:
I would think that if that were the case then people who did take or find a pet would be reluctant to bring them in to a vet.

Also if I bring my dog in I only authorize certain treatment.
I don't think they can just do whatever they want.
They can check for a chip without your permission.....
However they have to take the dog to the vet, to get the rabbi shots....If no rabbi shot, the dog or dogs can be taken from them....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back