Curious regarding TV/cable movie rights...

sharkeyes

Queen of Swords and Cups
Reaction score
Has there ever been talk (gossip?) regarding Darlie's story being made into a movie, i.e. like the ones made about Jonebenet Ramsey, Diane Downs, Scott Peterson, Jeffrey MacDonald....

Maybe there is something (maybe specific to TX? or the fact that the case is still in the appeals process?) that prohibits the story/rights from being sold to a network or cable channel that I'm not aware of - anyway, just curious and interested in any info about it.

All posts are my opinion only.

sharkeyes said:
Has there ever been talk (gossip?) regarding Darlie's story being made into a movie, i.e. like the ones made about Jonebenet Ramsey, Diane Downs, Scott Peterson, Jeffrey MacDonald....

Maybe there is something (maybe specific to TX? or the fact that the case is still in the appeals process?) that prohibits the story/rights from being sold to a network or cable channel that I'm not aware of - anyway, just curious and interested in any info about it.

All posts are my opinion only.
There was talk that Darin and DK hired an agent to shop their story just two days after Darlie's arrest, then later they sold their story rights to Chris Brown (MTJD author) to raise money for Darlie's defense (assuming that any money passed hands). Months later Darin's tattoo artist supposedly said that Darin was all excited about it, saying that their case was the biggest to hit Dallas/Texas and that Darlie was going to write the book,cutting out the middleman (an author), but that all fizzled soon after. My guess is that her conviction and a general feeling of suspicion against him messed up any deal they might have been hoping for. One interesting side not is that Chris Brown is said to have lived with Darin's parents (same address listed in the white pages a couple of years ago), so it doesn't look like the story rights drifted too far from home.

Goody said:
One interesting side note is that Chris Brown is said to have lived with Darin's parents (same address listed in the white pages a couple of years ago), so it doesn't look like the story rights drifted too far from home.
Thanks for the info! Very interesting about CWB sharing an address with Darin's parents - the background on the mediatried.com site regarding how CWB initially got involved in the case reads as though he was convinced of Darlie's guilt and that his initial involvement with the Routier's was peripheral except to gather the info for the book (in my understanding); although when I called to doublecheck the correct address before sending him my $55 for MTJD he did mention he keeps in touch with Darin. I wanted to talk to him more and ask questions, (he was very nice) but I felt like it would have been inappropriate - seeing as how I believe Darlie is guilty and that Darin had a hand in it.

sharkeyes said:
Thanks for the info! Very interesting about CWB sharing an address with Darin's parents - the background on the mediatried.com site regarding how CWB initially got involved in the case reads as though he was convinced of Darlie's guilt and that his initial involvement with the Routier's was peripheral except to gather the info for the book (in my understanding); although when I called to doublecheck the correct address before sending him my $55 for MTJD he did mention he keeps in touch with Darin. I wanted to talk to him more and ask questions, (he was very nice) but I felt like it would have been inappropriate - seeing as how I believe Darlie is guilty and that Darin had a hand in it.

Well, I guess one doesn't have to divulge everything they know. LOL! I don't know what CWB's real story is. From what I have heard of him, he sounds like a rebel by nature. They say when in doubt follow the money, and in this case Darlie's story would be worth a lot more if she were innocent. So who knows? Is he a real believer or just someone biding his time until the time is right for a payoff somewhere down the line?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back