Are the tabloids getting out of hand?

Marthatex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is there just too much competition for a new story? It seems like things they are putting on the cover are out right lies sometimes.

Now Reese Witherspoon is suing because they printed she was expecting her third. How can they print that if not confirmed? Crazy.

Marthatex said:
Is there just too much competition for a new story? It seems like things they are putting on the cover are out right lies sometimes.

Now Reese Witherspoon is suing because they printed she was expecting her third. How can they print that if not confirmed? Crazy.
I agree they are and its scary the way they ruin peoples reputations and just say flase stuff - some with a grain of truth-most with none- for example maybe she is thinking she might have a 3rd child-they say she is expecting..(I am not saying she said she was even thinking about it-just an example of how they change things).

while they were always "bad" i thought during the OJ trial the NE had a lot of good info. but since then the have gone way way down hill! i will pick up an old Globe b/c there are some puzzles i like to work, but i do not even bother with the stories any more. and the headlines at the check-out counter!!! when i am suckered by the NE these days there is some sensational headline that when you read the article barely fits! and i guess now that i am mid-50's i really don't care about celebs or royalty anymore. i mean at my age i no longer care about paris, brittany, lindsey, prince charles and camilla etc. i say let these poor people live their lives.

I wonder why there are not more lawsuits if such false info. is printed.

IMO they have been for years. I guess enough people buy them though cause they keep printing the crap.

Old Broad

I agree Old Broad.....
I only finger threw them at the checkout counter, would NEVER pay money
for them....

:D

I guess I will still buy People, but I'm sick of the rest. I feel like People stays pretty conservative with their information, and also contains some good special interest stories that are not about celebrities.

Some of the fashions are just amazing. I'm like, "how many thousands did that one cost?". I think I'll try to copy it on my little Singer; I'm sure I can find that material at Clothworld. Then on the other hand, some are atrocious.

I've always been of the opinion that if you are in the public eye, you are subject to the media scrutiny. That being said, my viewpoint is beginning to evolve a bit on this... Here are some things that the tabloids have done recently that make my head spin. These are just the most recent ones I can think of right off hand.

1. The recent coverage that Brittany Spears has gotten on her being a "bad mother", etc... I'd hate to be Brittany right now.

2. The photographer that was hiding in the bushes at Maddox's school trying to snap a picture of him, or of the Pitt/Jolie family.

I think the media is going too far. I am of the opinion that they should not be allowed to MOB famous people just to snap a picture.

I know that some readers just eat this stuff up. I don't. I never thought I'd feel sorry for Brittany Spears in a million years, but I do. (Aside from her Dateline interview which I hear was a train wreck of her own staging).
All the Brittany Spears stuff, it really makes me feel sorry for her. And I never even liked her in the first place.

I have said this before; If I were famous, and if my every move was caught on film, they'd be having a heyday with me! I'm not perfect, no one is. I go to the grocery store in my sweats and a ball cap without make up regularly.. I just don't care. The tabloids love to pick apart star's appearances.

If everytime I made a parenting mistake (the things we all do), it was on the cover of a magazine, I'd lose my mind for sure! I guess I just feel sorry for them that they are subjected to all this scrutiny. I never felt that way until the Brittany baby stories started coming out.

People is kind of interesting this week. Cute little article on this plastic surgeon who did Ashlee Simpsons's nose. He says something like "the only surgeon I'll ever trust to operate on my nose is ME" And he has a pretty big nose; obviously hasn't had it operated on yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back