Warren Buffett is giving away his fortune

Me!! Me!! Me!!

I'll take a few mil, Mr. Buffett.

I can't get that article up, was Warren related to Jimmy?

I didn't have any trouble getting my link up just now.

I hope you're not serious with that question, but the answer is no. :cool: At least I don't think they're related.

Yeah, it won't work for me.....yes I was serious LOL
Who is Warren Buffet :confused:

Maral said:
Actually, Martha, Warren and Jimmy are related. They are cousins.

Don't tell me that. Open mouth, insert foot. Sorry, Narlacat! I never dreamed they were.

That's ok Tex lol, Buffet is kinda a unusual name so I thought I'd mention it...
What are the other two famous for :confused:
I'm assuming they were famous....

narlacat said:
Yeah, it won't work for me.....yes I was serious LOL
Who is Warren Buffet :confused:

Well, I think he's just this really smart financial guru. Didn't he start Berkshire Hathaway, the most expensive stock on the stock market?

I guess he was just a smart financial investor and advisor. Then he became good friends with Katherine Graham, who took over the Washington Post when her husband committed suicide. She had to become a "CEO" overnight, had no idea how to do it, and he gave her alot of advice.

She slipped on ice and died a few years ago.

That's all I really know about him, except he seems very wise and kind, and he doesn't really believe in giving a lot of money to his children so he's giving it away to the world, kind of like Bill Gates.

Cool American, huh? I forgot you're from Australia and might not know who WB is.

Marthatex said:
Well, I think he's just this really smart financial guru. Didn't he start Berkshire Hathaway, the most expensive stock on the stock market?

I guess he was just a smart financial investor and advisor. Then he became good friends with Katherine Graham, who took over the Washington Post when her husband committed suicide. She had to become a "CEO" overnight, had no idea how to do it, and he gave her alot of advice.

She slipped on ice and died a few years ago.

That's all I really know about him, except he seems very wise and kind, and he doesn't really believe in giving a lot of money to his children so he's giving it away to the world, kind of like Bill Gates.

Cool American, huh? I forgot you're from Australia and might not know who WB is.
Thanks Tex!!

I know who Bill Gates is though lol lol, my little boy adores him :)
I've never heard of WB, no.

Slipped on the ice, how do you mean lol

Well, I "gotcha" back, Maral. I googled and got genealogyblog.com/celebrity-genealogy/

and it said that they met each other, and suspected that they might be distantly related, but a genealogy worker is working on it but it hasn't been proven.

It's kind of a "joke" that Jimmy might succeed Warren at Berkshire Hathaway, (but don't count on it), they say. :)

Lol, Martha, I saw that, too. I was just going by what my brother told me. He knows Warren's son and told me that he asked and the son said they were distant cousins.

Ok, so we're not sure if they're related....
I used to love that Jimmy Buffet song....something about 'Margaritaville' (sp)
Humming it now..........:crazy:

narlacat said:
Ok, so we're not sure if they're related....
I used to love that Jimmy Buffet song....something about 'Margaritaville' (sp)
Humming it now..........:crazy:

yeah, he has a nice, smooth voice doesn't He? I never really got into him, but it's nice party music isn't it?

To tell you the truth, I imagined him so different from Warren Buffett that my knee jerk reaction was no, they could never be related.

Maral said:
Lol, Martha, I saw that, too. I was just going by what my brother told me. He knows Warren's son and told me that he asked and the son said they were distant cousins.

Ok, well I would say that "trumps" google. Whatever... :truce:

Marthatex said:
yeah, he has a nice, smooth voice doesn't He? I never really got into him, but it's nice party music isn't it?

To tell you the truth, I imagined him so different from Warren Buffett that my knee jerk reaction was no, they could never be related.
Yeah he was pretty hip and happening at one stage...
I only really remember that one song lol....a freind of mine used to be into him...played a few songs of his on the guitar but they escape me right now....maybe if I heard them again I'd remember them :p

Marthatex said:
Ok, well I would say that "trumps" google. Whatever... :truce:
Not necessarily, Martha, lol. I know my brother knows the son, but I also know my brother. He could have just been telling me that, especially since he knows I can be gullible sometimes.

narlacat said:
Yeah he was pretty hip and happening at one stage...

He still is. He still tours and people turn out in droves to see him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back