GUILTY PA - Patrick Kenney, 22, Jefferson Hills, 2 Feb 2005

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kenney_patrick.html

Missing Since: February 2, 2005 from Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania

Classification: Endangered Missing
Height and Weight: 6'1, 230 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair, blue eyes. Kenney's nickname is Pooch.
Clothing Description: A white t-shirt, a gray ski jacket, blue jeans and white sneakers.

Details of Disappearance
Kenney's family last saw him in Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania at 6:45 p.m. on February 2, 2005. He told his mother he was going out to "take care of something" and would return home for dinner in an hour, but never arrived. He has never been heard from again. His white 1999 Cadillac Escalade was found on February 15 on McCaslin Drive in the Greenfield section of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He reportedly has friends living in the general area where the car was located. Authorities stated that the vehicle had evidently been parked at that location for several days; it had been given a parking ticket.

Kenney's mother stated that something appeared to be bothering her son when she last saw him. He took nothing with him other than his cellular phone, without the charger, and no more than $200 cash. There has been no activity on his cellular phone, bank accounts or credit cards, and his tax refund has not been deposited. Kenney was employed as a steamfitter at the time he went missing. He is a 2000 graduate of Thomas Jefferson High School, where he was a state champion hockey player. He is described as a popular, outgoing, athletic man with no enemies. Kenney's family says it is uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.

I don't have the time to read every article but is there a picture of this young man somewhere? This disappearance is just as mysterious as so many others. It is like people just vanish into thin air and we know that isn't possible. I wonder if this kid had a girlfriend or someone he had not been getting along with before he went missing. It is especially hard to understand when a lot of the people who disappear are really close to their families and wouldn't just take off without saying a word. I hope this family find their boy.
No one should be left wondering what has happened to their child while their minds visualize all kinds of horrible things. They need answers and justice if there has been a crime.

"I don't have the time to read every article but is there a picture of this young man somewhere?" bobbisangel

Click on the Charley Project link on the first post. It has 2 photos.

Clearly he was not planning on being gone very long. He told his mom what he wanted with his steak for dinner that night. I can't help but feel the answer is in the neighborhood where his car was found. LE needs to be certain who he went to see that day. I wonder if they checked his cell record to see who was the last person he called. Maybe he called to say "I am on my way, be there soon"

I know at this point there is no solid evidence but I can't help but think foul play is involved. I wonder if he had an extra, illegal income that played a role in this.

I feel very sorry for his family. There has been no recent media attention at all which is also sad. Someone needs to phone in a tip to help break this case wide open.

Patrick looks like your typical boy next door. He said that he had to go take care of something. I wonder if he was having a problem with someone? I think his disappearance has something to do with where his car was located at too. Didn't he know someone who lived in that apartment complex? It must have been where he went when he left home anyway. I wish he had told his mother what was going on. He just sounds like a typical young man who didn't really live a wild life or anything. He must have run into trouble somewhere. I wonder if his friends knew about anything that was going on with him. You would think that he would have talked to a close friend if he was having problems with someone.

The more time that goes by the more I think that something awful must have happened. Especially when the person that is missing wouldn't purposely put his mom through a hell like she is going through.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29183174/

13 Feb 09

A Pittsburgh man continued testifying in his own defense at a homicide trial where he's accused of killing a Jefferson Hills man and dismembering the body -- which has not been found.

Bryan Sedlak, 37, of Greenfield, told jurors at the Allegheny County Courthouse that he had to shoot an enraged Patrick Kenney in self-defense at the tan salon he owned in West Homestead after they spent a day doing cocaine in February 2005.

much more at link

4 years later, location of murder victim's body revealed

More than four years after Patrick Kenney's death, his remains, sawed to pieces by his killer, apparently have been found.

Bryan Sedlak, the Greenfield man who was convicted of third-degree murder for the killing in February, led authorities to a remote, undisclosed location, where they found bones that appeared to have been cut up with a power saw.
After searching for hours, Ms. Pellegrini said, police found four vertebrae, a pelvis, a tailbone and the top portions of a right and left femur. The bones were transported to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office, where they will be tested against DNA submitted by Mr. Kenney's parents.

More at link:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09138/970970-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708