Court TV Jon Benet: Anatomy of a Cold Case will air Thurs. 06/29/06

concernedperson said:
CTV broadcast out of New York so it would be eastern time.

--->>>Thank you, I too hope it is not the old Smit thing, with him sitting on the basement window sill.

1. Ok.....who's teabag was that and why haven't they tested the midnight snacks for DNA???

2. One of the talking heads implied that they ruled out JBR's "chums" as the source of the unknown male DNA...does that mean all the little boys at the party were DNA tested?

A bunch of little kids would not only be able to pull that off without getting caught, but they'd all remember to wear rubber gloves the whole time?

twinkiesmom said:
1. Ok.....who's teabag was that and why haven't they tested the midnight snacks for DNA???

2. One of the talking heads implied that they ruled out JBR's "chums" as the source of the unknown male DNA...does that mean all the little boys at the party were DNA tested?
I'd say it was Burkes, seeing as it was at his place at the table and him being the resident tea drinker.

I'd say it was when him and JonBenet were having their snack that Patsy put together for them after they got home from the party.

Hey Narla!

Did anyone catch that the piece that showed a report saying Burke's prints were on the tea glass? It was a talk over part...they were speaking about Patsy and Burke's prints being on the bowl and showed a report saying Burke's were on the glass.

I thought no one knew about prints on the glass?? Was it a genuine report? or a prop?

HELP!

I gotta be honest, if I KNEW for a FACT they were Burke's prints on the glass, it would be over for me...JMO

twinkiesmom said:

I followed this case, but not minutely. Last night was the first I'd heard of the teabag in the glass, nearby the bowl of pineapple. Teabags in glasses, rather than cups, is a mid-East practice. This ties in with the "faction" quote in the note. Garrots are also more common in the mid-East. Perhaps Jon Benet was one of the early victims of terrorists.

Agatha said:
I followed this case, but not minutely. Last night was the first I'd heard of the teabag in the glass, nearby the bowl of pineapple. Teabags in glasses, rather than cups, is a mid-East practice. This ties in with the "faction" quote in the note. Garrots are also more common in the mid-East. Perhaps Jon Benet was one of the early victims of terrorists.
Please. A "foreign faction", we'll say from the Middle East, would have targeted John Ramsey's SON and not his daughter (small female child would mean nothing to them). A "foreign faction" would have taken the child's body with them, to get the ransom they supposedly committed this crime for. A "foreign faction" would not have sat there and used supplies in the house to crank out a 3 page diatribe using American letter-writing methods and American phrases. A "foreign faction" would not have been able to duplicate Patsy's writing to the point where she alone is never excluded by testing as the author. A "foreign faction" would have taken credit for this act if they had done it.

Nuisanceposter said:
Please. A "foreign faction", we'll say from the Middle East, would have targeted John Ramsey's SON and not his daughter (small female child would mean nothing to them). A "foreign faction" would have taken the child's body with them, to get the ransom they supposedly committed this crime for. A "foreign faction" would not have sat there and used supplies in the house to crank out a 3 page diatribe using American letter-writing methods and American phrases. A "foreign faction" would not have been able to duplicate Patsy's writing to the point where she alone is never excluded by testing as the author. A "foreign faction" would have taken credit for this act if they had done it.

-------->>>NP I concur, and IF IF the perp brought the rope, and his own broken paint brush, why wouldn't he also have brought his own tea bag? (for the uneducated, that was a 'joke')

Lotsa people are fanatics about WHAT tea they drink. IF it was a Ramsey tea bag, this perp was so comfy in the R house, it is absolutely amazing.

My 'common' opinion of people who enter another persons HOME for a BAD purpose IS that they are as ON EDGE as a typical Barney Fife. UNLESS UNLESS they are drunk or on drugs, in which case another of my 'common' opinions is they would not be drinking tea EVER ANYWHERE.

My 'common' opinion is that any foreign faction woulda, wrote the note (a small one), taken 'the' child and LEFT ASAP!!

NP, I loved the part about 'cranking' out a three page diatribe. The NOTE itself could be made into a movie.

<<A bunch of little kids would not only be able to pull that off without getting caught, but they'd all remember to wear rubber gloves the whole time>>

I'm not accusing the playmates, just trying to account for the DNA.

It's surface DNA, not blood or semen...she could have scratched a playmate, picked up a few skin cells, and then transfer their DNA to her skin or underpants going to the bathroom.

Heck, there'd be more DNA there if one of her little friends picked their nose!

And seeing how anyone and everyone was allowed to wipe her, I hope every male at the party was tested as well.

Agatha said:
The glass with the teabag had Berke's fingerprints on it, and it looks just like something a child would do.

Brefie said:
Hey Narla!

Did anyone catch that the piece that showed a report saying Burke's prints were on the tea glass? It was a talk over part...they were speaking about Patsy and Burke's prints being on the bowl and showed a report saying Burke's were on the glass.

I thought no one knew about prints on the glass?? Was it a genuine report? or a prop?

HELP!

I gotta be honest, if I KNEW for a FACT they were Burke's prints on the glass, it would be over for me...JMO
Why would it be over for you. You would assume that Berke killed his sister and carried her downstairs or dragged her and all the rest?

Agatha said:
You're right.

There are many foreign references, not just in the ransom note, but in the crime itself. Filicidal parents just don't garrote-strangle their kids around here. And those knots in the second ligature were way too simple and effective. This means that the perp's done it before, just not around here.

Besides, anyone who takes more than a passing glance at the RN knows it has peculiarities that go beyond someone 'disguising' their handwriting. The capital and small-case 'F', for instance, are just odd, and don't match PR's writing at all.

You're going to need more than the Fs to convince me. If Patsy was trying to make it look like she didn't write that note, don't you think she would form letters differently than she normally does? She was never excluded as the author of the ransom note. That says more than oddly shaped Fs do.

As for the method of murder, Patsy is rather creative and dramatic, and I think if she thought her own life was at stake, she'd come with something way outside of average to deflect suspicion from herself.

Solace said:
Why would it be over for you. You would assume that Berke killed his sister and carried her downstairs or dragged her and all the rest?

Yes, I would assume it was Burke. He has been my number one suspect for a long time, anyway.

I think something happened with Burke and Patsy covered it up. My loose theory leaves room for Patsy unknowingly 'finishing' the job while 'staging'.

Nuisanceposter said:
You're going to need more than the Fs to convince me. If Patsy was trying to make it look like she didn't write that note, don't you think she would form letters differently than she normally does? She was never excluded as the author of the ransom note. That says more than oddly shaped Fs do.

As for the method of murder, Patsy is rather creative and dramatic, and I think if she thought her own life was at stake, she'd come with something way outside of average to deflect suspicion from herself.

I'm with you, NP. The side-by-side comparison charts leave no doubt in my mind.

There was a whole lot I took issue with on last night's program. They never even attempted to list the evidence of family involvement. Expert testimony about prior abuse, Patsy and John's fibers, etc. I'm not even saying they had to present it unchallenged; it's not even that. But if it had been me, I'd have done things a little differently.

Holdontoyourhat said:
You're right.

There are many foreign references, not just in the ransom note, but in the crime itself. Filicidal parents just don't garrote-strangle their kids around here. And those knots in the second ligature were way too simple and effective. This means that the perp's done it before, just not around here.

Besides, anyone who takes more than a passing glance at the RN knows it has peculiarities that go beyond someone 'disguising' their handwriting. The capital and small-case 'F', for instance, are just odd, and don't match PR's writing at all.

---->>>Well do please keep in mind that PR was ambidextrous, she was an artist, and she was creative ALL wonderful traits when writing something that is supposed to have been done by someone else.

I am still rather convinced that a PERSON with an alibi, and a history of drinking, and who could have been asking boatman to have an accident with JonBenet in a boat, and who has disappeared from the radar screen, is a viable thought in my 'head' at least to have been 'the' elusive perp.

The 'POWER' of the demon alcohol has been responsible for uncountable criminaL behaviors.

They are here with the white straight jackets for me so gotta go now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back