Do we have a mole?

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Margoo has posted a quote from one of my posts on this forum at *******'s forum (not the first time since we have gone private). She says that my post was "e-mailed" to her but she doesn't say from whom.

This means that one of our members is e-mailing posts from this PRIVATE forum to have them posted at Yonder Forum. One of the reasons we went private was to stop our posts from here being copied over there. However, in doing what she has done, Margoo has placed posters whom we know are members of both forums under suspicion of being moles.

There is another possibility. Margoo is MIBRO here. Perhaps she read the post herself and is "mistaken" about the e-mail. She knows that she is not supposed to copy posts from here to Yonder Forum and that she might get into trouble for doing so. Perhaps she will read this and tell us whether there is indeed a mole. There again - perhaps not.

If one of our members is e-mailing posts to Margoo, are they also e-mailing posts/threads to *******????

I don't know anything about it, haven't kept up that well, but glad somebody's watching out for these things.

I believe that someone here once thought that LovelyPigeon is also Margoo. I assure you that is not true.

I have no idea who Margoo is, or who MIBRO is, and don't care to know. I just know that they are most certainly not me.

Experience has taught us that it is safe to assume yonder forum leader gets info on what is posted at WS-JBR regularly.

Jayelles, please delete the names of posters you suspect may be moles. It comes too close to a personal attack. Anyway, a poster wouldn't have to be registered at the unnameable forum in order to email WS posts to someone there. A good mole probably wouldn't be registered there and here, just to keep up his or her cover.

Jayelles, I would encourage you to expand your signature at all forums you are currently registered to include an official warning against this kind of thing. It may help to diminish illegal postings of your stuff.

DejaNu said:
Jayelles, I would encourage you to expand your signature at all forums you are currently registered to include an official warning against this kind of thing. It may help to diminish illegal postings of your stuff.

You are right of course. I'm more tee-ed off at the notion of underhand behaviour.

I would never do anything underhand and let others take the blame. If I received an e-mail containing a post from a private forum, I wouldn't post it knowing that innocent people would come under suspicion of being sneaks. OTOH, neither would I copy posts from a private forum and post them in a public place - if it was against the rules of the forum to do so.

I guess some of us just have higher principles.

Thanks, Jayelles! Little1, could you delete those names from the quoted part of your post, too?

Jayelles, I understand your frustration. It's a shame there are people in cyberspace who have no respect for others and think the rules don't apply to them. Such violations of the TOS are classic examples of the kinds of dirty tactics used by some "alien factions" in all areas of this case all along. OTOH, it's apparently the only way they think they can "win" which speaks volumes, doesn't it?

I for one salute your higher standards. Feel free to use and/or modify my signature if you wish to create your own. Not all Americans are ugly.....

I don't have the time or energy to haul posts back and forth. I started out on this forum---over 5 years ago now---and come and go, because I still think it's one of the better ones when it comes to common courtesy on both sides of the fence. It's like being a guest in someone's home---you don't violate the rules. I don't think you know who has that much interest in what goes on here.

I don't think they are posting on both forums with the same name, and I think Toth is above it all, too--what you see is what you get---no underhanded behavior. Don't know about someone emailing posts---seems kind of silly that they'd feel the need to do that.

There is no reason ever to believe that anyone who wants to read here, can't. There are plenty of ways as I described in a very old post. I have no doubt that yonder forum owner reads here, etc.

As far as Toth, I have to say that I think he is above that kind of behavior, despite my ever lasting frustration with him most of the time, but only case related

It would seem the person who said they received the email was likely a poster on here,as well..but gee..a small crime for a bunch of armchair detectives..we can solve it!
Toth,no,Makai no,me no,LP another no,I have no suspects! Even though we all don't agree on the topic at hand we are pretty civil and follow the rules.
JMO

sissi said:
It would seem the person who said they received the email was likely a poster on here,as well..but gee..a small crime for a bunch of armchair detectives..we can solve it!
Toth,no,Makai no,me no,LP another no,I have no suspects! Even though we all don't agree on the topic at hand we are pretty civil and follow the rules.
JMO

You are all wonderful! Well, most of the time... I think WS-JBR is the best place on the web to discuss all theories of the case, and it's you guys who make it that way. :clap:

we are pretty civil and follow the rules.

I would like to think so Sissi however, the point is that Margoo is suggesting that *somebody* isn't following the rules. That puts everyone under suspicion - a fact that I find particularly distasteful.

I think it is a great pity that Margoo has now TWICE copied a post of mine, from here - in order to respond to it on Yonder Forum. As she is a member here, why doesn't she address my posts here? Is it OK for her to copy our posts from here over to there provided she introduces it as being "From e-mail"?

Never mind.

It's not okay, but there's not a dang thing we can do about it. If River catches someone at it, she can banish them, but it's pretty hard to prove. And yonder forum leader does not enforce the same rules on hir forum that she has repeatedly tried to hold us to.

It's the work of "a small foriegn faction" I bet.

That darn S.B.T.C is at it again.

Maxi said:
Thanks, Jayelles! Little1, could you delete those names from the quoted part of your post, too?

What post? On this thread? All I posted was that I have a mole, but my mom calls it a beauty mark...(tsk, tsk, LOL)

Eney meaney miney mole,

catch a ...

If I finish that nursery rhyme, I'll get banned for a racist remark.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back