GUILTY WA - Jamie Drake, 19, Spokane, 23 June 2006

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Jamie Lynn Drake, 19, was last seen at her boyfriend's apartment last Friday. She is Caucasian, 5'1" tall, 125 pounds with brown hair and eyes.

http://www.kxly.com/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=3310

Missing woman's Mustang found, acquaintance arrested

Last updated: Tuesday, June 27th, 2006 11:50:55 PM

The King County Sheriff's Department arrested Kevin Wayne Newlund, 20, on June 27, 2006 for possession of Stolen Property, Jamie Lynn Drake's 1993 Ford Mustang *

Jamie Lynn Drake, 19, was last seen on June 23, 2006 at her boyfriend's apartment. *

SPOKANE -- The King County Sheriff's Department has arrested the acquaintance of a missing 19-year-old Mead woman.

A police spokesman tells News4 Kevin Wayne Newlund, 20, was located in Maple Valley, Washington around 9pm Tuesday and arrested for Possession of Stolen Property, Jamie Lynn Drake's 1993 Ford Mustang.

-->more at link, including pic of Jamie

She is just a beautiful girl. I hope and pray that she is still alive but with that kid driving her car it really makes me wonder. I wonder if that kid is a friend of her boyfriends. She was last seen at her boyfriends....did he go somewhere while she was still at his place or had she left and he was the last one to see her????? The article doesn't give much info. I wonder if she was still at her boyfriends....he left to go somewhere and this kid came over and asked Jamie to take him some place as an excuse to get her into her car and away from there. Or did her boyfriend have something to do with her disappearance along with that kid? I hope LE went over his place with a fine tooth comb.

Bobbiesangel, yes Jamie is a real beauty! Here's an article with more detail. According to this article, seems Jamie just recently met the 'boyfriend'. Worried and praying for Jamie's safe return!

Police searching for missing woman

Jamie Lynn Drake finished her shift at a North Side sandwich shop about 11:30 p.m. Thursday, and then went to spend the night with a man she'd recently met.

Now the 19-year-old woman is missing, and police are asking for help in locating her.

She was last seen Friday morning at the man's apartment in the 2300 block of East Sanson, as he and his roommate left, according to the Spokane County Sheriff's Office. Their identities are being withheld by police, but both reportedly are cooperating with investigators.

-> more at link -->
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/local/story.asp?ID=137625

Edited to strike non-working link above. Darn, I can rarely get those links to the Spokesman Review to work! Try my google results page and then read the most recent S-R article:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=jamie+lynn+drake&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=wn

This is terrible. I wonder how long she knew this guy? Is Kevin Wayne Newlund her boyfriend?

What a pretty girl. I hope she is okay but it does not sound good. :(

lviola said:
This is terrible. I wonder how long she knew this guy? Is Kevin Wayne Newlund her boyfriend?
Kevin was dating and lived with a girl that Jamie moved in with. He has been gone from their apt. for roughly 2 months.

lviola said:
Has there been any word about the boyfriend?
She was last seen Friday morning at the man’s apartment in the 2300 block of East Sanson, as he and his roommate left, according to the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office. Their identities are being withheld by police, but both reportedly are cooperating with investigators.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=6923

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Spokane County sheriff's deputies are looking for 19-year-old Jamie Lynn Drake, who has been missing since Friday.

A 20-year-old acquaintance was arrested for investigation of stolen property when he was found driving her car in Maple Valley, near Seattle.

Drake’s family said she had been in the Seattle area this week for a family reunion.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/9441485/detail.html

I am now confused, this week meaning after Friday of last week?

What’s more concerning to some is that Newland, 20, has a criminal record including charges for unlawful issuance of bank checks and pleaded guilty last year to theft of a firearm and vehicle prowling. His former girlfriend, who is Drake’s roommate, said that Newland was always intrigued with Drake’s ’93 Ford Mustang and investigators now want to know why he was found driving it on the other side of the state.
http://www.kxly.com/news/index.php?sect_rank=2&section_id=560&story_id=3328

Kevin Newland's Myspace profile

A Crime Library article I submitted this morning is supposed to be up tomorrow morning about this. It has Jamie's MySpace and references Newland's -- he had one, but it wasn't too telling, except for a comment from a female friend asking why he kept "deleting his comments."

Incidentally, someone else on MySpace said in a blog entry about Jamie missing that when her GT was first spotted, whoever was driving "took off at 100 mph."

Hm.

Steve

If the GPS on her cell phone points to Ellensburg have the police found her cell phone? Maybe they would find Jamie somewhere near her cell phone. I wonder if that kid drove from Spokane to Ellensburg did whatever he did and then took off for Maple Valley. First though I want to know how that kid got Jamie's car?

I wonder if Jamie went back to her own apt after her new boyfriend left for work along with his roommate. Maybe her girlfriend works days and so she was gone and that kid came over to the apt. There has to be foul play involved here or Jamie would be reporting her car stolen. I doubt that she gave that kid permission to take it.

I wonder if that kid is talking to LE yet? He got caught red handed with Jamie's car....he must have told them something about how he came to be with it. Darn him, I hope that she is somewhere alive. Heck, she just graduated from high school. She is just a kid.

Spokane detectives continued investigating the disappearance of 19-year-old Jamie Lynn Drake on Wednesday.

A detective went to Maple Valley to retrieve Drake's 1993 silver Mustang, which was found Tuesday night along with the suspected car thief, 20-year-old Kevin Newland, who was arrested.

Drake's mother, Sue Nichols, said Wednesday: "I'm relieved he's under arrest. I'm glad they found the car but sad they haven't found Jamie. But I'm confident that detectives will do what they need to get the answers."

Detectives plan to bring the car back to Spokane today, said Spokane County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Dave Reagan.
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/local/story.asp?ID=137801

Absolut -- thanks.

lviola -- (hi, first of all) and I don't know if you have read my article yet, but if what someone posted on a blog prior to Newland's arrest is even half-true, he was behaving oddly before he was arrested -- someone spotted the Mustang and followed, and he took off at 100 mph. Not too cool, seems to me. And the cell phone was tracked at least to Tacoma and a couple of other places before it settled in Ellensburg.

Steve

misterallgood said:
Absolut -- thanks.

lviola -- (hi, first of all) and I don't know if you have read my article yet, but if what someone posted on a blog prior to Newland's arrest is even half-true, he was behaving oddly before he was arrested -- someone spotted the Mustang and followed, and he took off at 100 mph. Not too cool, seems to me. And the cell phone was tracked at least to Tacoma and a couple of other places before it settled in Ellensburg.

Steve

Steve, how long did that kid have Jamie's car before the police caught up with him?

If the cell phone was tracked in Eastern WA to start with and then to Tacoma and then to Ellensburg and then the kid was caught in Maple Valley over by Seattle he must have been doing some heavy duty driving. Guess he was enjoying the heck out of having Jamie's car. Heck he was going back and forth from Eastern Wa to South Western Wa.

That leaves a lot of area that he could have gotten rid of Jamie. My guess would be that he got rid of her not long after he took the car but her cell phone was still in the car until he dumped it in Ellensburg or it went dead if they haven't found it. So have the cops checked out the areas that the phone tracker showed the phone had been? If so, I wonder if anyone around there remembers seeing her car. They should at least put flyers all over those areas. All it would take is one person that saw something that might help. They even know the dates the phone was in those areas.

Hi Steve, and yes I read your article.

Great point Bobbisangel. Jamie's car is not the kind of car you would see tons of every day. (at least where I live) Some one along those routes where her phone was tracked I am sure must have seen her car and happened to notice if there were two or more passengers, etc. I'm assuming they've talked to Jamie's roommate. Kevin's exgirlfriend.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back