Clear This Up For Me

Blondieskatz

Reaction score
I don't understand why it was so important for the Ramsey's to try and make everyone believe that JonBenet was asleep when they came home.

If she had been awake that would have explained the pineapple (a snack after they home).

So, why not say "yes, she was awake when we arrived home, had a snack, then dressed for bed"?

Sorry, if this is just stupid, but I just don't understand why they would lie about something that would be normal.

Blondieskatz said:
I don't understand why it was so important for the Ramsey's to try and make everyone believe that JonBenet was asleep when they came home.

If she had been awake that would have explained the pineapple (a snack after they home).

So, why not say "yes, she was awake when we arrived home, had a snack, then dressed for bed"?

Sorry, if this is just stupid, but I just don't understand why they would lie about something that would be normal.

Blondieskatz,

So they could minimise the number of evidential statements they would need to remember.

They forgot about the pineapple, also the pineapple contradicts that she was in bed asleep. e.g. its a virtual timeline.

They staged a crime-scene, and part of it includes Jonbenet being abducted from her bed.

So they have a story to tell about how they undressed JonBenet, but forget if they removed her underwear, or even what color it was, similarly with her socks, but they do remember dressing her in the white longjohns and leaving her White Gap top on because Patsy could not locate her pijamas, which were underneath her pillow!

why it was so important for the Ramsey's to try and make everyone believe that JonBenet was asleep

Everyone does not believe though!

UKGuy

Some of that makes sense. But, having a daughter myself, JonBenet could have had her snack and then dressed herself for bed. Therefore, P or J would not have know exactly how she was dressed for bed.

Maybe, they did forget about the pineapple, but I don't think they realized if it would or would not show up in the autopsy. Probably, never even thought of that. And, I don't think they were that sharp.

They risked Burke answering questions about her being awake when she came home. IMO they were just reckless about a lot of things, but then again neither went to jail either!

They probably didn't so much as forget about the pineapple as not to realise it's importance.
They probably didn't think about it showing up in the autopsy.

Blondieskatz said:
UKGuy

Some of that makes sense. But, having a daughter myself, JonBenet could have had her snack and then dressed herself for bed. Therefore, P or J would not have know exactly how she was dressed for bed.

Maybe, they did forget about the pineapple, but I don't think they realized if it would or would not show up in the autopsy. Probably, never even thought of that. And, I don't think they were that sharp.

They risked Burke answering questions about her being awake when she came home. IMO they were just reckless about a lot of things, but then again neither went to jail either!

Blondieskatz,

Maybe thats what JonBenet would have normally done, probably she would have worn the pijamas underneath her pillow.

Burke did answer in the affirmative that JonBenet was awake on arriving back from the White's and he stated she walked into the house that night.

Since the wine-cellar was a staged crime-scene, and Lou Smit along with the media promoted the Intruder Theory, its possible to be selective about the evidence you want to admit, and ignore the contradictions. Initially I assumed it was a sociopathic intruder.

Blondieskatz said:

They admitted that B was up and awake. If they had stated that JB was also up and awake when they arrived home, then lots of questions involving B and JB could have evolved. If the Rs are aware of what happened to JB, then I think they minimized the circumstances to limit confusion during questioning.

UKGuy said:
Blondieskatz,

So they could minimise the number of evidential statements they would need to remember.

They forgot about the pineapple, also the pineapple contradicts that she was in bed asleep. e.g. its a virtual timeline.

They staged a crime-scene, and part of it includes Jonbenet being abducted from her bed.

So they have a story to tell about how they undressed JonBenet, but forget if they removed her underwear, or even what color it was, similarly with her socks, but they do remember dressing her in the white longjohns and leaving her White Gap top on because Patsy could not locate her pijamas, which were underneath her pillow!

why it was so important for the Ramsey's to try and make everyone believe that JonBenet was asleep

Everyone does not believe though!

There ain't no they. It's only she.

JonBenet went to bed.
John went to bed.
Patsy stayed up.
Patsy got JonBenet up and killed her.
To John, JonBenet was asleep the last thing he knew.

Blondieskatz said:

I don't think this is a stupid question at all, quite the opposite in fact, for it is such an obvious question for RDIs to have asked themselves. Clearly they haven't or they would have realised that there is no reasonable explanation and in the absence of such an explanation they would have had to logically conclude that an intruder brought the pineapple to the house and fed it to JonBenet and they would not still be clinging to their unreasonable belief that the Ramseys were lying about the pineapple.

Paradox said:
To John, JonBenet was asleep the last thing he knew.

Until he "found" her at 10:00 a.m. the next morning. Then the chit hit the fan in his brain. Can you even begin to imagine what was going on in his mind? You know he had to know...or at least suspect his wife.

Nehemiah said:
They admitted that B was up and awake. If they had stated that JB was also up and awake when they arrived home, then lots of questions involving B and JB could have evolved. If the Rs are aware of what happened to JB, then I think they minimized the circumstances to limit confusion during questioning.

Right. More questions, more lies. They do not want to contradict each other, slip up, etc...

Time of death is what the Ramsey's believed the Coroner would pinpoint. The pineapple was in the home and as John has said, JonBenet would have screamed bloody murder if someone attempted to feed her pineapple. He said she is smart and once she opened her mouth to eat the pineapple, she would have screamed.

Blondieskatz said:

I think as this unfolded they figured if they said she was asleep the last time they saw her, then that would be that. I think this was a mistake on their part. They should have just said she was awake, gave her pineapple, and then put her to bed. But they didn't. I think their minds were going a mile-a-minute, and under those circumstances anyone will screw up.

The problem is when you start lying, it's hard to keep the stories straight. I've told white lies...I know this. It's much easier to remember facts. I think they just didn't think of the pineapple issue or the autopsy. They had a lot of ground to cover...and thankfully, for them, they had the money to afford excellent counsel (and had the luck of having Ardnt there who obviously slept through Cop 101) to cover their rears.

They told a lot of lies. Most of which have come back to haunt them.

luvbeaches said:
They told a lot of lies. Most of which have come back to haunt them.

We should be thankful for that, there would probably be an innocent person in jail right now if no one could dispute anything they said.

Until he "found" her at 10:00 a.m. the next morning. Then the chit hit the fan in his brain. Can you even begin to imagine what was going on in his mind? You know he had to know...or at least suspect his wife.

I wonder if he thought Burke might have been responsible rather than Patsy when he found JBR? Maybe he thought he was covering for his son. Makes you wonder when he & Patsy were actually able to discuss it.

I assume John had to see Patsy was somehow involved as soon as he saw the ransom note. He had to have recognized that as hers from speech and writing.

I also wonder if they ever talked about it between themselves. I think they had to have at some point, but I also think they lived pretty separate lives despite being married and weren't all that close.

Nuisance Poster wrote "but I also think they lived pretty separate lives despite being married and weren't all that close."

Whatever we think their marriage may have been like, he was there when she died. Having just went through watching my father-in-law die of cancer (6/22), I can tell you it is not a pleasant experience. Even if he despised her, I don't think he could derive any enjoyment from watching her suffer. I'm sure had he wanted to, he would have been elsewhere.

edited to add quote.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back