Everyonbe had their own opinion on Patsy...

Shanny

Reaction score
I was shocked when I heard that Patsy Ramsey had died
but I was also happy because Jonbenet is with her mother now.
Some people have different opinions how they felt about Patsy
I think that some people are very judgemental and have alot to say when it comes to her, even though they never knew her personally, she is one of the most "Hated women in America."
This is by far the most evil thing I have read:
{Good News, Patsy Ramsey has died of cancer!
She certainly got off light, compared to the death of JonBenet. I am sorry folks, but I for one, believe, that they DID kill her. Maybe it was accidental. Who knows, but they needed to own up to their responsibility. I am sure that I will get a lot of haters here, but I think it's at least a little bit of justice, that she finally succumbed to cancer.
May winged angels carry you into the gates of hell.}

Even though alot of people think she killed JonBenet I certainly don't think she deserves to burn in Hell, she deserves to be with her daughter in Heaven and JonBenet deserves to be with her mother in Heaven.
R.I.P. Patsy Ramsey

Shanny said:
I was shocked when I heard that Patsy Ramsey had died
but I was also happy because Jonbenet is with her mother now.
Some people have different opinions how they felt about Patsy
I think that some people are very judgemental and have alot to say when it comes to her, even though they never knew her personally, she is one of the most "Hated women in America."
This is by far the most evil thing I have read:
{Good News, Patsy Ramsey has died of cancer!
She certainly got off light, compared to the death of JonBenet. I am sorry folks, but I for one, believe, that they DID kill her. Maybe it was accidental. Who knows, but they needed to own up to their responsibility. I am sure that I will get a lot of haters here, but I think it's at least a little bit of justice, that she finally succumbed to cancer.
May winged angels carry you into the gates of hell.}

Even though alot of people think she killed JonBenet I certainly don't think she deserves to burn in Hell, she deserves to be with her daughter in Heaven and JonBenet deserves to be with her mother in Heaven.
R.I.P. Patsy Ramsey

Could you clear up a couple of questions for me, please? As someone who's fairly certain that there's no such place as either "heaven" or "hell", I don't have much knowledge about what the rules of entry are.

It sounds like you're saying that even if Patsy killed her daughter, she "deserves" to be with her in the afterlife.

I also don't understand why one should know a person "personally" before making any judgements on their actions, demeanor, and statements. Is that some kind of prerequisite? Have you never made a judgement on the behavior of someone you've never met?

Any kind of death in never "good news" as far as I'm concerned. In this case, it's a double shame, because now she can never be brought to justice.

wenchie said:
Could you clear up a couple of questions for me, please? As someone who's fairly certain that there's no such place as either "heaven" or "hell", I don't have much knowledge about what the rules of entry are.

It sounds like you're saying that even if Patsy killed her daughter, she "deserves" to be with her in the afterlife.

I also don't understand why one should know a person "personally" before making any judgements on their actions, demeanor, and statements. Is that some kind of prerequisite? Have you never made a judgement on the behavior of someone you've never met?

Any kind of death in never "good news" as far as I'm concerned. In this case, it's a double shame, because now she can never be brought to justice.
We all have to die sometime, no biggie.

As a society we are taught to fear death, be very very scared!

It's only bad news for the ones left here mourning the one that went.

wenchie said:

i thought the same thing at first, then reread it....the text in BOLD is something she "read"....

What is the deal w/ some of the statements going on here? It is just plain embarrasing and non-productive. P. Ramsey was never convicted of the crime of killing her daughter...that is not to say that she did'nt do it...I will actually admit that I don't know the answer...others are obviously so freakin sure of themselves that the must malign and degrade others who disagree. Sorry, but there is definately too much negative emotion attachted to this (all of the Jon Benet) and the Holloway threads. I thought we were here to brainstorm, get through all of the crap and try to figure out what really happened. There is nothing wrong w/ disagreement, we as a team would not be productive if everyone agreed. However, pot shots are just pathetic! Just had to rant...Guess I am just as bad as those I am accusing!!!:sick:

I think that some of us feel that we're being told "hands off" Patsy because of her death.

wenchie said:
I think that some of us feel that we're being told "hands off" Patsy because of her death.
Personally, I think it's disgusting that poor JonBenet had to be buried next to one of her victimizers. Hopefully, she'll never see Patsey in the afterlife!:furious:

...these cases clinically are mostly of the opinion that Patsy did it...As are most LE...It's the Occam's Razor approach; the most logical explanation for a crime is usually pretty close to the truth....Lesseee....PR goes ballistic at her daughter for the umpteenth time on a stressful night, loses it and bashes her skull in, and stages a cover-up (short and logical explanation), or an alien intruder climbs over spiderwebs without disturbing them, and into or out of a window...kills the child without making a sound....Takes stuff from various areas of the house to stage the cover-up, including a pad of paper and a Sharpie marker that he so graciously puts the cap on and puts back in PR's pencil cup...and everyone in the house sleeps through it...(convoluded and nutty explanation) Alllllrighty then! :D

As a side note; I wake up when my children cough; can you imagine sleeping through the frigging ruckus that was going on in that house...I don't think Burke did...I think he heard what was going on...as for John taking melatonin. melatonin my a$$....Either he took something muuucccch stonger, which knocked him totally out, or he said he took melatonin to excuse his non- intervention and/or participation in the events he knew were happenng in his house...

(JMO, of course...)

The folks who want to believe that this angry, controlling harpie of a woman was a saint are taken in by appearances. I don't care what she looked like, how much money she had, and least of all about the frigging beauty pageants, except to say that she was psychotic about them and the way she treated her daughter which was abusive in the first place...

She was a terrible mother, only caring about her damn self...There are mothers with little in the way of material things who truly love their children...It is so easy to see the difference...

wenchie said:

You're right, seems like we are supposed to have some reverence towars Patsy now like we are her friends or knew her. Patsy had cancer and faced death quite awhile before the murder of JonBenet and it didn't affect how she or John cooperated with the police. People have good reason to doubt Patsy and John and it's due to their actions and not the Boulder LE. If I had been in her shoes, I'd have died the first year due to lack of health insurance and would probably die in jail just for not cooperating with LE. I'm sure not going to change my views just because she is now dead.

txsvicki said:
You're right, seems like we are supposed to have some reverence towars Patsy now like we are her friends or knew her. Patsy had cancer and faced death quite awhile before the murder of JonBenet and it didn't affect how she or John cooperated with the police. People have good reason to doubt Patsy and John and it's due to their actions and not the Boulder LE. If I had been in her shoes, I'd have died the first year due to lack of health insurance and would probably die in jail just for not cooperating with LE. I'm sure not going to change my views just because she is now dead.
Agreed! Patsey's actions border on criminal, not sainthood in my book, and her having Cancer changes nothing!

txsvicki said:
I care who killed JonBenet and I don't see how anyone could possible know that it wasn't premeditated if she did it. If she did it, she did not have to go to jail or even adequately answer questions and if my mother killed me, I would want her in prison whether she planned it or not. I don't think that she deserved to suffer cancer but that is the risk we all run in life. Many convicts such as John Gotti suffered cancer in prison and never even killed any children that I've heard about. The murderer of JonBenet has still gotten off scott free while she never had the chance to live. No one would ever be so nice to O.J. if he were to suffer some bad disease. He at least had to go to trial when LE was convinced that he did it.
:clap: :clap: :clap: I couldn't have said it better myself!

Hi,

Whenever anyone dies, I would ask God to please bless their soal, as I can not make an eternal judgement.

I don't think Patsy killed her. I think Burke's friend did - just a feeling I have. But I also think Patsy is as guilty as the one who did kill her, as she wrote the ransom note to throw cops off track, to protect Burke and what he saw and knew.

And I think if they are lying together now in death, they are on a different plane of existance. Only love and forgiveness surrounds JonBenet now.

Scandi

Forensic scientists and others who look at...
...these cases clinically are mostly of the opinion that Patsy did it...As are most LE...It's the Occam's Razor approach; the most logical explanation for a crime is usually pretty close to the truth....
There is truth in the quote above insofar as the general claims. The problems arise in the exceptions to the bolded generalizations.

Just ask Richard Jewell and, if one could, ask Richard Ricci.

Most in LE were convinced that Richard Ricci had kidnapped and done harm to Elizabeth Smart. Talking heads on every 24/7 cable channel proclaimed his guilt. Posters on internet boards everywhere did the same. His wife said no, he was home in bed with her. LE, talking heads, and posters on internet boards said, "B.S. Look at the evidence against him!" and rattled off a chain of things that could certainly make him LOOK guilty enough.

The man died in prison months before Elizabeth showed up alive, a captive of Immanuel, no connection whatsoever to Richard Ricci.

Had Elizabeth never shown up alive and had Ricci not died, I have no doubt he would have been drawn and quartered, tried and convicted for the kidnapping and probable murder of Elizabeth Smart based on the Occam's Razor theory.

Though he was certainly not a pillar of our society, I have always felt bad that he died without knowing that his name was cleared in Elizabeth's case.

Those who are SO 100% certain that Patsy murdered JonBenet should keep at least a 1% option open in their minds that this may not have been the case based on cases like Richard Jewell and Richard Ricci.

Very well said! Also I wish we had a poll of Websleuthers that had someone in the Lunsford family convicted in their minds. Does anyone learn from their mistakes? A poll of Richard Ricci who were convinced he was the kidnapper? And others? Have any of you been wrongly accused of something you didn't do? Were you slandered? How did it feel?
I am not here to tell you who murdered Jon Benet. I have my opinion and you have yours. I do not know. I have my beliefs, which is not knowing for sure. I wasn't there.Belief is not a FACT.
My cat has never been to my work, but I believe if I look hard enough I could find his cat hair there. Does that mean he was there? No, I may have carried it there on my clothes. He sheds. Come to think of it I do to.
Amy

Louisa said:
There is truth in the quote above insofar as the general claims. The problems arise in the exceptions to the bolded generalizations.

Just ask Richard Jewell and, if one could, ask Richard Ricci.

Most in LE were convinced that Richard Ricci had kidnapped and done harm to Elizabeth Smart. Talking heads on every 24/7 cable channel proclaimed his guilt. Posters on internet boards everywhere did the same. His wife said no, he was home in bed with her. LE, talking heads, and posters on internet boards said, "B.S. Look at the evidence against him!" and rattled off a chain of things that could certainly make him LOOK guilty enough.

The man died in prison months before Elizabeth showed up alive, a captive of Immanuel, no connection whatsoever to Richard Ricci.

Had Elizabeth never shown up alive and had Ricci not died, I have no doubt he would have been drawn and quartered, tried and convicted for the kidnapping and probable murder of Elizabeth Smart based on the Occam's Razor theory.

Though he was certainly not a pillar of our society, I have always felt bad that he died without knowing that his name was cleared in Elizabeth's case.

Those who are SO 100% certain that Patsy murdered JonBenet should keep at least a 1% option open in their minds that this may not have been the case based on cases like Richard Jewell and Richard Ricci.

"Those who are SO 100% certain that Patsy murdered JonBenet should keep at least a 1% option open in their minds that this may not have been the case based on cases like Richard Jewell and Richard Ricci."

Louisa, do you think we WANT JB to have been killed by her loved ones?

"Even though alot of people think she killed JonBenet I certainly don't think she deserves to burn in Hell, she deserves to be with her daughter in Heaven and JonBenet deserves to be with her mother in Heaven."

I'll tell you what: when I first got the news, I was just as "hellfire and brimstone" as the person you quoted. But now that some time has passed and my emotions cooled, even though I think she did kill her, I don't think she meant to do it, and I think she was just scared. Anyone would be. She didn't see a way out. Maybe there wasn't one, and there, but for the grace of the gods, go I. Look, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell according to Christian tradition. Only the valiant are given Valhalla. But now, it is my hope that maybe, just maybe, the gods, in their wisdom, have taken pity on this woman and given her another chance with JB. Because that idea gives me hope! Because if they can show mercy for her, maybe they can for me. How ironic: in life, she was an object of hatred. In death, she has given me hope. I really can't say more than that.

"Guess I am just as bad as those I am accusing!!!"

Don't let it bother you. We all have moments of weakness. I know I did, but I wouldn't wish her death on anyone. I lost my dad to cancer when I was twelve-years-old. He was younger than she was. I know what it's like. Her suffering is over in this life. The next...I don't know.

dottierainbow said:
Very well said! Also I wish we had a poll of Websleuthers that had someone in the Lunsford family convicted in their minds. Does anyone learn from their mistakes? A poll of Richard Ricci who were convinced he was the kidnapper? And others? Have any of you been wrongly accused of something you didn't do? Were you slandered? How did it feel?
I am not here to tell you who murdered Jon Benet. I have my opinion and you have yours. I do not know. I have my beliefs, which is not knowing for sure. I wasn't there.Belief is not a FACT.
My cat has never been to my work, but I believe if I look hard enough I could find his cat hair there. Does that mean he was there? No, I may have carried it there on my clothes. He sheds. Come to think of it I do to.
Amy
I am totally w/ you. I really have no staunch opinion on who killed JonBenet but It annoys when people are so SURE of themselves like they were investigators at the crime scene on the day it happened. Whatever!

Whoa, Nellie: Richard Jewell was mistakenly arrested because he fit a "profile". He was soon absolved, because he was innocent. And......*some* people had susupicions about Mark Lundsford, mainly because of his general *look* and lifestyle. He was soon cleared, too. I don't know much about Ricci, but I believe there was at least some indication that he may have been the perp.

These three people bear NO comparison to Patsy Ramsey and her situation. Those of us who believe she is guilty feel this way because REAMS of circumstantial evidence point RIGHT TO HER. And all these many years later, there has never been ONE piece of exonerating evidence that turned up, not ONE shred of evidence that anyone but the family was in the home that night, that anyone but Patsy wrote that note, or that the scene was anything but STAGED by someone close to Jonbenet. Her demeanor and statements and lack of cooperation with LE put a bow on the package of CE.

All roads lead to Patsy....just like they did to Scott Peterson.

Why wasnt't patsy ever convicted of this crime if she commited it??

SuperDave said:
...though I think she did kill her, I don't think she meant to do it, and I think she was just scared. Anyone would be. She didn't see a way out. Maybe there wasn't one, and there, but for the grace of the gods, go I.
IMO the medical evidence of prior abuse indicates JonBenet was an abused child.

Beyond the staged theatrics, I don't see this case as any different from all those other horrible cases of an abused child ending up dead at the hands of the abuser.

Therefore, I disagree that any of us could find ourselves in this scary situation. Child abusers, on the other hand...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back