Hoax American Idols William Hung Found Dead

I think that site is one that makes up fake news stories, like The Onion. They even have a link to The Onion. If I'm wrong, and he's really dead, that's very sad, but the article had some very insensitive and satyrical things written in it. I guess I'll see if I can find that anywhere else. I really don't think he's dead though.

from http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/hung.asp

The notice of Mr. Hung's death wasn't even a "serious" rumor in that it was started by a spoof, and the sample excerpted above provides several clues that the William Hung death piece was intended to be humorous (e.g., the heroin overdose was "intentional"; the word "music" is enclosed in quotes; the deceased was found funny by "tens of people"). The article that prompted the rumor was published on 13 July 2004 on Broken Newz, a satire news and entertainment site whose disclaimer advises that "stories listed on this site are not real." It was the work of pranksters Bill Doty and Joe Peacock of Zug.com, a comedy site.

Mr. Hung remains very much alive and has since the rumor performed in a number of venues.

more at link.

Ohh this is one time when I'm very happy to find out that I was wrong!!
I wonder how he's doing and what he's thought about this hoax?

Old Broad

Old Broad said:
Ohh this is one time when I'm very happy to find out that I was wrong!!
I wonder how he's doing and what he's thought about this hoax?

Old Broad
we should try and tie this into the M&M story somehow!:innocent:

OMG, I was shocked to read he died of an overdose. And even more shocked to read it was a hoax!:eek: Thats just horrible! Thank goodness he's still alive. Geez, why are there hoax's like this. I think its so cruel. So I take it his family didn't disown him either, when he was on AI. That shocked me too!:doh:

There are some people that will do and say anything for money and for attention. I think it stinks and was a very cruel hoax! :( I'm so glad he is OK.

Wow! I'm so glad it was a hoax but had my whole family believing it there for a few minutes as I read the link!!!!!!

ETA: Old Broad you might want to change the title of the thread and say HOAX at the end :)

This kinda reminds me of when the news announced Richard Pryor was dead, and he was watching the news and found out about his own death - he turned it into a new comedy tour called "I ain't dead yet!"

lilpony said:
OMG, I was shocked to read he died of an overdose. And even more shocked to read it was a hoax!:eek: Thats just horrible! Thank goodness he's still alive. Geez, why are there hoax's like this. I think its so cruel. So I take it his family didn't disown him either, when he was on AI. That shocked me too!:doh:
There are "hoaxes" like this because people are too stupid to read small print or pick up on obvivous clues it's a joke.

BillyGoatGruff said:
There are "hoaxes" like this because people are too stupid to read small print or pick up on obvivous clues it's a joke.

The f word in the article is what made me think it wasn't real.....guess I should have looked at the date....7/13/2204!!!!!! Dead give away!

lilpony said:

I thought the same thing. Why do people start these cruel hoax's?

It's not an intentional hoax - it's a parody news site, and just like The Onion, once in awhile someone will take it seriously, not read that this is a parody site, and accidentally quote a story in it seriously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back