GUILTY TN - Zebadiah Wheatley, 7 wks, beaten to death, Knoxville, 12 Nov 2005

Old Broad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/local_news/article/0,1406,KNS_347_4795477,00.html

I couldn't find a link to this case, if there is one please delete this. This baby was only 7 weeks old :(

The autopsy by Assistant Medical Examiner Dr. Darinka Mileusnic showed that Zebadiah was struck in the head with fatal force, Harper said. He also had wounds on his "right arm, right leg, chest, right ear and penis," Harper said.

"Are you guilty?" Jenkins asked Corn.

"Yes, sir," he responded. "I'm sorry."

No one appeared in court on behalf of Zebadiah. His mother has refused to cooperate with Knoxville Police Department Investigators A.J. Loeffler and Bryan Davis, although authorities have declined to say whether she may face charges in connection with the baby's death.

More at link.
Old Broad

Seems that this guy should have been in prison already and not let out to do this ....basically again.

No deal should have ever been offered here. Let him go to trial and let the jury give him death! He has a long history of crimes against women and children, he doesn't deserve another breath on this earth! From the article:

Corn's criminal history, which is littered with crimes against children, women and the vulnerable, was part of the reason the pair of prosecutors justified the decision.

:furious: :behindbar :banghead: :mad:

Another one of those "just plead guilty and we will give you a good deal!"
That poor little baby didn't get any deal when he was beat to death. I can't understand why this guy was walking the streets with his violent past. I wonder how badly the 3 month old baby was injured. This guy should just be taken out and shot. Forget any deals. He is one evil piece of garbage.

What is wrong with that baby's mother that she wasn't in that courtroom to represent her baby! She wouldn't cooperate with LE when the baby was beaten to death. Just what kind of a person is she anyway. I think we can guess as she was with that scum bucket. That little baby is far better off up there with the Lord then he ever would have been with these two losers. I can just imagine what kind of life he would have had if he had lived.

This was the second time Corn had battered his own children. In 1998, he was arrested and convicted in Henderson County, N.C., of beating his 3-month-old daughter.

Good God!! Why was this animal out of prison to father more children???? :furious: :furious: :furious:

bykerladi said:
Lets hear it for forced sterilization!

I'm all for it in these cases.

I've read about this sort of thing over and over again and it really pisses me off! But, what pisses me off almost more than what these animals do is how the courts look at it. Like children mean nothing! If it's a baby or a young child that's been raped or beaten to death, look for there to be a very light sentence. However, if a dog were beated to death a man or woman would go to prison for quite awhile. Children seem to mean nothing to the courts. And, it's been going on for so, so long.

That has struck me before BeeBee and it's just not right.

I have seen the system from the death row outward - and I think it's totally messed up, just like you guys say.

Whenever I think of an appropriate prison reform - I always have to think that it's WORSE for someone to torture, molest, mutilate and kill children than anything else there is - yet... that is NOT what gets the worst punishments.

WHY?????

BeeBee said:
I've read about this sort of thing over and over again and it really pisses me off! But, what pisses me off almost more than what these animals do is how the courts look at it. Like children mean nothing! If it's a baby or a young child that's been raped or beaten to death, look for there to be a very light sentence. However, if a dog were beated to death a man or woman would go to prison for quite awhile. Children seem to mean nothing to the courts. And, it's been going on for so, so long.
I understand your meaning, but as someone who works closely with Animal Rescue groups, the comment about a dog being beaten is sadly not true. In most states you can beat a dog, drag it behind a vehicle and set it on fire while still alive and you only get a misdemeanor charge. It breaks my heart. Talk to people in LE and most will tell you....you have to go after and be tough on the ones who will harm children or animals, because that means they will go after anything they deem 'weaker' than them. One day you are walking down the street and if you don't meet them with a confident gaze and they deem you weaker then it's you they are burying alive up to your neck and running over with the lawn mower, not the neighborhood dog or cat.:eek:

In the country, too, people can shoot your dog if it comes in their yard. The police will come take a report for you, but they won't pursue it any further. At least not here.

Okay a bit off topic, but...........so I am behind a minivan today and it has one of those stickers on it that just says "Somewhere Elementary" and I got to thinking......if I was a pervert and I saw the cute little blond girl or boy in the minivan and I was 'interested' I would now know which school to go to in order to stalk them.:eek: Has anyone here ever brought up the fact that it may be a safety issue and not to put those things on your vehicle?

Maybe one of the WS Masters could contact their local LE and have them do a story on it to warn parents.

Curious, you make a good point but unless one lives in a big city chances are a child would go to the local school.

I know here there is only 1 so it would not take much for a determined perv to figure out which school.

I think more dangerous would be the "Soccer kids" school ones. All a guy would need to know is where soccer practice is held - a little easier to target than a whole school.

Amraann said:
Curious, you make a good point but unless one lives in a big city chances are a child would go to the local school.

I know here there is only 1 so it would not take much for a determined perv to figure out which school.
Good point, but here where I live there can be 5 elementary schools within a 10 mile radius, plus there is busing so a kid may go to school far away from home. Some of the kids around here have a 1 hour bus ride to and from school. So am in a parking lot at a grocery store and I see a cute kid I think well they must live around here, but what are the odds of finding there house, but lookey here, they go to University Meadows Elementary school, now I look it up on the internet or in the local phone book and I now have the address.

My sister use to work as a school secretary and she will tell you in some instances it is much easier to take a kid from school than home. With all those kids running around it may take a few hours to notice that one of them is gone. One of the schools she worked in had a kid taken (before she started working there), nasty custody battle. Mom had custody, fathers girlfriend got to the kid during recess. She had never been to that school no one knew her. When asked later she was told that no one challanged her being there. The parking lot was on the edge of the playground. 4th grader just went to the car when she called her over and she was gone. Now the kid did know her, but we all know that a lot if not most kids would go over if a complete stranger called them and said 'hey kid'. Those undercover news shows around here show it time and time again. The parents say "well I have taught my kids all about being safe and not to go off with other people" then when they see the footage they are hysterical with fear.

I will say this for the school, after that they moved the visitor parking lot around to the front and put up a fence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back