Darlie paying the Price

Cassata11

Praying for the lil ones
Reaction score
Okay...hi everyone.

I have done a lot of thinking today about Devon and Damon.

I honestly believe Darlie will hold out the truth on what happened that night, even if she is covering up for her husband. I truly believe she is willing to pay the ultimate price for her sons death. ("Who did this Darren?)

Yes, she is going to stick to her intruder story, and play the song and dance for all of us. She wasnts to save hope for a miracle. But as for the truth, she would rather take that to the grave.

For the record....I have always blocked out visions of ANYONE stabbing the boys. It is too difficult to imagine. Darlie has been tried and convicted, and that I accept. I assume there is so much more that we haven't heard.

And we might not.

Is it possible that she never thought she would be blamed, and now instead of the truth being told, she wants to pay for her sons murders with her silence, and ultimate death?

Cassata11 said:
Is it possible that she never thought she would be blamed, and now instead of the truth being told, she wants to pay for her sons murders with her silence, and ultimate death?
I guess anything is possible but I tend to think she is just trying to delay the execution at this point. By now she has got to see that hope of a new trial is very, very slim. Once this current appeal is decided, she will know for sure. Then it will be just how long they can put the execution off thru appellate strategies. If she wanted to give up her life for the boys, she'd drop all appeals now and tell them to set the date.

Goody said:
I guess anything is possible but I tend to think she is just trying to delay the execution at this point. By now she has got to see that hope of a new trial is very, very slim. Once this current appeal is decided, she will know for sure. Then it will be just how long they can put the execution off thru appellate strategies. If she wanted to give up her life for the boys, she'd drop all appeals now and tell them to set the date.
Yep, that's the right thing to do, drop the appeals. Timothy McVeigh did it and so did Aileen Wuornos. But Darlie continues courting sympathy and spending money. I think she'll do anything she can to get off of DR..well besides dying.
Is this current appeal her last? Is that why she'll know for sure? When was it filed? I get very confused over the appeals steps.
As far as squealing, Darin might be the deciding factor. If he is guilty(he is IMO) and continues moving out of her life, she might confess at the very end to get back at him.
Or she'll play "good girl" and die a martyr for the DP

I don't expect her to ever confess. She has spent too many years claiming innocence and will not risk losing the support she has garnered. Like any lie, the longer you stick to it, the harder it is to tell the truth. Actually, she is more adamant in her claims of innocence than ever and will probably take it to her grave. I would wonder if Darin, who is apparently moving on with his life, won't eventually let something slip to someone close to him once Darlie's side of the family no longer has as much influence over him. I am not saying he will give details of the crime, but I do think he knows Darlie isn't innocent or, at the least, has his suspicions. As time goes on, I don't think he will be as openly supportive of her innocence. I personally, for what it is worth, don't think he was responsible for the boys' murders. I think he got involved in the coverup for whatever reason. I think as his blind devotion to Darlie fades, he is going to look at it all a little differently.

StellaTravers said:
I don't expect her to ever confess. She has spent too many years claiming innocence and will not risk losing the support she has garnered. Like any lie, the longer you stick to it, the harder it is to tell the truth. Actually, she is more adamant in her claims of innocence than ever and will probably take it to her grave. I would wonder if Darin, who is apparently moving on with his life, won't eventually let something slip to someone close to him once Darlie's side of the family no longer has as much influence over him. I am not saying he will give details of the crime, but I do think he knows Darlie isn't innocent or, at the least, has his suspicions. As time goes on, I don't think he will be as openly supportive of her innocence. I personally, for what it is worth, don't think he was responsible for the boys' murders. I think he got involved in the coverup for whatever reason. I think as his blind devotion to Darlie fades, he is going to look at it all a little differently.
When I say end, I mean end, like 5 mins to midnight to the prison chaplain. I don't mean near the end, but at the end
As far as I'm concerned I don't think for a second that Darin was not downstairs way before they say he was. You can hear him very close to the beginning of the 911 call and then he disappears He's either upstairs putting his jeans on or maybe dumping the sock. Then when Damon was stabbed the final fatal wound, I think Darin was somehow involved with that. If nothing else, he saw her do it. I don't think he started or planned any of this, but I don't think he turned on a dime either. He can still sound upset in the background, but still be guilty of something and we don't know how long he was downstairs and how long they talked after the stabbings before she cut her throat and eventually called 911.

beesy said:
Yep, that's the right thing to do, drop the appeals. Timothy McVeigh did it and so did Aileen Wuornos. But Darlie continues courting sympathy and spending money. I think she'll do anything she can to get off of DR..well besides dying.
Is this current appeal her last? Is that why she'll know for sure? When was it filed? I get very confused over the appeals steps.
That is when I will know for sure. LOL! If she loses this appeal, it will set the tone for how the fed courts look at her issues. I don't understand the whole appellate process either because there are so many different things they can try and some they try more than once, esp right at the end. But many of those are just going thru the motions to delay the execution, buy the inmate more time. I think Darlie will know exactly where she stands when this decision is handed down. The attys will continue to file appeals but she will know that they won't be favorable to her, that she is just buying time. When shereaches that point, we will find out who the real Darlie is. If she has enough character and courage to do the right thing and tell exactly what happened that night.

BrenTex said:
Maybe she's been telling it all along?
I wish that were possible. If it were true, we'd better throw everything we know about forensics out the window and start analyzing how our experts are coming to their conclusions instead of analyzing trial testimony.

Hello, this is my first post on this forum or any true crime forum. I have read all posts here over the last few months. I feel drawn to the case of Darlie because I really would like to understand why...and how a human being can sudenly take such horrendous steps just because she snapped...I believe Darlie is guilty on the base of blood (and other physical )evidence and not because she did not grief properly or was not there for her dying child. (She may not love these children or feel connected to them so she could not really grieve - this does not point to her as a murderer, not only).
This case does not let me go... maybe on some level I feel some relation to her situation, as I am now a mother of a seven year old and without anybody knowing i suffered albeit brief but intense depression immediately after my son's birth and had some constant violent dreams of the baby falling off the the balcony (we lived on the 4th floor then), I just wished my son was gone and I wanted to be alone more than anything at that time. It passed after a few days, replaced by a motherhood bliss that I happlily live on...but I still occasionally remember with shudder the darkness of depression I looked into.
What really upsets me is that if only Darlie got some help, if somehow she found the money to travel away and feel better - this horror would never have happened, obviously her husband was also not mature enough to step in and take care of his family (when there was still a family).
What I actually wanted to say is that I think the reason they both stick to each other and subsequently to their story is for the sake of remaing child. Darlie, as pointed by somebody here, is not entirely a sciopath and she is not beyond caring for others. I believe she cares for Drake and possibly her and Darin made a deal to lie for Drake so he would never be faced with his mother's murder confession. Probabably, he would never want to know her after that and she can not accept it. Neither probably can Darin. I belive Darlie cares for Drake much more than she did for the other children (whom she may even blame for making her mad), last child is somehow special for many parents, and it gives her strength to go on denying for so many years. What else could?...
Anusha

Anusha said:
Hello, this is my first post on this forum or any true crime forum. I have read all posts here over the last few months. I feel drawn to the case of Darlie because I really would like to understand why...and how a human being can sudenly take such horrendous steps just because she snapped...I believe Darlie is guilty on the base of blood (and other physical )evidence and not because she did not grief properly or was not there for her dying child. (She may not love these children or feel connected to them so she could not really grieve - this does not point to her as a murderer, not only).
This case does not let me go... maybe on some level I feel some relation to her situation, as I am now a mother of a seven year old and without anybody knowing i suffered albeit brief but intense depression immediately after my son's birth and had some constant violent dreams of the baby falling off the the balcony (we lived on the 4th floor then), I just wished my son was gone and I wanted to be alone more than anything at that time. It passed after a few days, replaced by a motherhood bliss that I happlily live on...but I still occasionally remember with shudder the darkness of depression I looked into.
What really upsets me is that if only Darlie got some help, if somehow she found the money to travel away and feel better - this horror would never have happened, obviously her husband was also not mature enough to step in and take care of his family (when there was still a family).
What I actually wanted to say is that I think the reason they both stick to each other and subsequently to their story is for the sake of remaing child. Darlie, as pointed by somebody here, is not entirely a sciopath and she is not beyond caring for others. I believe she cares for Drake and possibly her and Darin made a deal to lie for Drake so he would never be faced with his mother's murder confession. Probabably, he would never want to know her after that and she can not accept it. Neither probably can Darin. I belive Darlie cares for Drake much more than she did for the other children (whom she may even blame for making her mad), last child is somehow special for many parents, and it gives her strength to go on denying for so many years. What else could?...
Anusha

Anusha, welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for posting your experience with the post partum depression. I'm glad that things worked out for you.

With regard to your post about Darlie, however, I disagree. I don't believe that she suffered from any sort of "psychosis" related to child birth. Of course, I'm not a doctor. I think she's more along the lines of a Diane Downs personality. Are you familiar with that case?

Jeana (DP) said:
Anusha, welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for posting your experience with the post partum depression. I'm glad that things worked out for you.

With regard to your post about Darlie, however, I disagree. I don't believe that she suffered from any sort of "psychosis" related to child birth. Of course, I'm not a doctor. I think she's more along the lines of a Diane Downs personality. Are you familiar with that case?
That's a chilling comparison, but apt I think. I think Darlie killed her two sons, they were expendable, and as such, why should she have any feelings for Drake?

StellaTravers said:
I think Darin had his suspicions from the beginning. The way she responded to him in the 911 tapes makes me think he doubted her word from the get go. Perhaps he has kept those to himself and supported her because of Drake, or from some misguided sense of feeling for her.

beesy said:
When I say end, I mean end, like 5 mins to midnight to the prison chaplain. I don't mean near the end, but at the end
As far as I'm concerned I don't think for a second that Darin was not downstairs way before they say he was. You can hear him very close to the beginning of the 911 call and then he disappears He's either upstairs putting his jeans on or maybe dumping the sock. Then when Damon was stabbed the final fatal wound, I think Darin was somehow involved with that. If nothing else, he saw her do it. I don't think he started or planned any of this, but I don't think he turned on a dime either. He can still sound upset in the background, but still be guilty of something and we don't know how long he was downstairs and how long they talked after the stabbings before she cut her throat and eventually called 911.
Perhaps when you don't hear him he's trying to administer help to the children? For whatever reason he's supported her, I don't think it was because he was involved in any way in planning or committing the acts.

mollymalone said:
That's a chilling comparison, but apt I think. I think Darlie killed her two sons, they were expendable, and as such, why should she have any feelings for Drake?

I don't think that she can or does. I don't think her feelings go any further than her own skin.

I do not think Darlie is capable of loving Drake. I think she had those babies as show pieces (the expensive portraits, lavish birthday parties) and when they got old enough to actually cause some difficulty in her life, she just decided they weren't worth the trouble.

I agree that Diane Downs is a good comparison. I think Darlie is not capable of looking past her own wants and needs. Her primary focus is doing what ever it takes to make herself comfortable. She needs to appear like a loving mother right now, so for the camera's, she is whatever she needs to be.

That is why we now see her turning on Darin. He is not needed any more to defend her, she has figured out a way to get herself off of the hot seat, and he is as expendable as the boys were. I have a feeling though, that this will come back to bite her on the butt. Darlie's mother is pushing the blame Darin defense and Darlie must now find herself in quite the pickle. Darlie's mother doesn't believe her cpable of killing those boys, so it must have been Darin. Darlie however does know and I think when Darin gets backed against a wall he'll talk big time. Any agreement he may have had with darlie (either verbally or emotionally) will disappear when she starts throwing blame his way. Darlie can't tell her mom to back off darin without sounding guilty, so she's stuck! I wonder what feels her mind each night as her Mom works to free her, knowing her mom's theory might seal her fate. I welcome DNA testing on Darins pants because of the accusation it throws his way, I want to see him come out swinging.....unless he actually did help kill them, then I want it to prove they're both guilty.

kcksum said:
That is why we now see her turning on Darin. He is not needed any more to defend her, she has figured out a way to get herself off of the hot seat, and he is as expendable as the boys were. I have a feeling though, that this will come back to bite her on the butt. Darlie's mother is pushing the blame Darin defense and Darlie must now find herself in quite the pickle. Darlie's mother doesn't believe her cpable of killing those boys, so it must have been Darin
I've been trying to read all I can about this case lately...I havent been able to find anywhere on any other websites where they are placing the blame on Darin...can you possibly post a link to this?

It amazes me how blinded her family can be, given all of the over whelming evidence against her...and I wonder how many of her friends have realized the truth and jumped ship....

DebbieR said:
I've been trying to read all I can about this case lately...I havent been able to find anywhere on any other websites where they are placing the blame on Darin...can you possibly post a link to this?

It amazes me how blinded her family can be, given all of the over whelming evidence against her...and I wonder how many of her friends have realized the truth and jumped ship....
I think we are the link to Darin's involvement, hee. If I remember correctly, it's something we've all discussed and it's based on the evidence. I didn't read it somewhere else, I just sort of figured it out, with the help of the gals here. But it's just theory, based on the facts. I just find it difficult to believe she could have done everything alone. There's also the possibility that she made him feel guilty and convinced him that he "made her do it". There is absolutely no evidence he was involved. But he has always seemed to hold her on a pedestal and he didn't want to lose her. I think they thought they'd just get through this little bump in the road(the murders) and continue with their lives. Oops.

Anusha said:
Anusha
I believe Darlie loved her children, but there was some sort of dark, self centered dynamic going on between her and Darin that led to the murders and more importantly her ability to disassociate herself from the crime and its brutality. I think she was in an altered reality but not mentally ill or psychotic and I don't believe she suffered from PPD or PPP. Drake was already 8 months old. For some reason she was willing to sacrifice the kids for something she wanted more and she was indifferent to their suffering. I think she really believes that they have forgiven her, making it okay for her to do what she has to do to beat the charges.

mollymalone said:
I think Darin had his suspicions from the beginning. The way she responded to him in the 911 tapes makes me think he doubted her word from the get go. Perhaps he has kept those to himself and supported her because of Drake, or from some misguided sense of feeling for her.
Darin was well insulated from the evidence in this case, either by circumstance or design. I have never been able to feel comfortable with an "innocent" Darin. By now even the most moronic of morons would have figured it out and been outraged. His focus has never been on the kids, but always on helping Darlie get away with it. That tells me that she has something on him that could be damaging to him. Damaging enough to keep him loyal and quiet. Hard to equate "innocence" to thast picture.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back