Interesting article on Linda Arndt

IrishMist

You can't control the wind - but you can adjust yo
Reaction score
Did you all see this?

Ex-officer reached out to Ramsey

Snippets:

In her first in-depth print interview, Arndt remembered Ramsey as "a lady of grace and courage and spirit, particularly in the face of such unrelenting adversity."

"She was imprisoned by secrets. This whole case has been imprisoned by secrets."

Arndt was reluctant to reveal many details of her contact with JonBenet's mother in the final year of her life.

"I gained nothing and risked everything to contact her. And it was just the right thing to do," Arndt said.

"There's no way to undo the wrong that was done (to the Ramsey family). But (it was) just to acknowledge what you could or couldn't do, and apologize for any error on my part and to offer myself in any way that was helpful to her."

Arndt would not discuss her theories of the case, saying only that she doesn't hold the "prevailing view" within the Boulder Police Department, which increasingly keyed on Patsy Ramsey. "I'm able to confirm a lot of things that Patsy was maintaining for 10 years," Arndt said.

And:

Arndt admitted she doesn't have the answers as to who did what that Christmas night to the 6-year-old who, in death, became the nation's most famous child beauty queen.

"Nobody does," Arndt said. "But I have the information, for somebody else who might. All the information is there."

She said 90 percent of the case details have not been disclosed accurately.

"If anyone wants to understand and make sense of this case, yes, the information I have allows them to do it," Arndt said. "You can make an informed decision, rather than uninformed speculation."

(Bold emphasis mine)

I find this to be an interesting interview- but the lines bolded above really caught my eye...

Thanks for the article, IrishMist.

IMO:
Arndt has always thought John did it and that Patsy was a victim.

Patsy played her like a pro... the pro being Patsy, not Arndt.

Linda Arndt is no different from Lou Smit... their lack of professionalism was appalling. How did either of them ever manage to become detectives?

Britt said:
Thanks for the article, IrishMist.

IMO:
Arndt has always thought John did it and that Patsy was a victim.

Patsy played her like a pro... the pro being Patsy, not Arndt.

Linda Arndt is no different from Lou Smit... their lack of professionalism was appalling. How did either of them ever manage to become detectives?
I agree. It does seem like there was alot of tunnel vision going on...

But I am interested in those secrets...

IrishMist said:
Did you all see this?

Ex-officer reached out to Ramsey

Snippets:

In her first in-depth print interview, Arndt remembered Ramsey as "a lady of grace and courage and spirit, particularly in the face of such unrelenting adversity."

"She was imprisoned by secrets. This whole case has been imprisoned by secrets."

Arndt was reluctant to reveal many details of her contact with JonBenet's mother in the final year of her life.

"I gained nothing and risked everything to contact her. And it was just the right thing to do," Arndt said.

"There's no way to undo the wrong that was done (to the Ramsey family). But (it was) just to acknowledge what you could or couldn't do, and apologize for any error on my part and to offer myself in any way that was helpful to her."

Arndt would not discuss her theories of the case, saying only that she doesn't hold the "prevailing view" within the Boulder Police Department, which increasingly keyed on Patsy Ramsey. "I'm able to confirm a lot of things that Patsy was maintaining for 10 years," Arndt said.

And:

Arndt admitted she doesn't have the answers as to who did what that Christmas night to the 6-year-old who, in death, became the nation's most famous child beauty queen.

"Nobody does," Arndt said. "But I have the information, for somebody else who might. All the information is there."

She said 90 percent of the case details have not been disclosed accurately.

"If anyone wants to understand and make sense of this case, yes, the information I have allows them to do it," Arndt said. "You can make an informed decision, rather than uninformed speculation."

(Bold emphasis mine)

I find this to be an interesting interview- but the lines bolded above really caught my eye...

IrishMist,

Now is that an invitation for a check book or a tabloid call ?

I will guess the information relates to Patsy , otherwise Arndt would not feel so free to talk ...

IrishMist said:
But I am interested in those secrets...
Me too. And I've no doubt there are secrets there. But Patsy as poor innocent victim of big bad John ain't one of 'em, so I'm skeptical of what "secrets" Arndt allowed herself to be manipulated into believing.

I'll be interested in reading Arndt's book... however, it sounds like Patsy Ramsey has found a way to get positive spin published even after her death.

Is she, through Arndt, going to implicate John in order to get herself out from under the umbrella without the fallout of dealing with John? Hmm, interesting, almost funny :)

Legal question: if Arndt's book is full of hearsay from Patsy, can John sue Arndt successfully for libel? I mean, is it the same as if Arndt herself accused John of molestation and murder?

Good points, both of you.

I imagine she's looking for a check book, UKGuy- but I understand those tabloids pay pretty well. Don't think she'd turn up her nose at either...

I don't think Patsy would throw John under the bus. Maybe Linda hinted toward that end, and Patsy encouraged the "poor me" aspect of it. But I don't think Patsy would implicate anyone in her family. I don't know them - but if anything, it seems she'd want to protect Burke. Implicating John to save her own image would hurt Burke.

Arndt is going to give the phrase 'putting my life back together" a new twist.

I for one will feel free to laugh at the freak show.

Yep, this could just be Arndt's self-serving way to defend herself and put her own theory out there, using Patsy's revelations to suggest corroboration.

On the other hand, I can see Arndt and Patsy cooking up a win-win scheme - each of them using the other to try to redeem her image... possibly no actual implication of John, but a whole lot of questions and innuendo to muddy the already muddy case.

As for throwing John under the bus, IMO Patsy previously hinted she would do just that when, in their National Enquirer interview, she said she had considered the possibility that John was molesting JonBenet, but rejected the idea. When I read that, I thought, John better watch his back... lol.

As for protecting Burke, that's how a loving mother thinks. I don't see Patsy as a loving mother. I see her as someone who protects Patsy above all others. IMO she'd protect Burke about as well as she protected JonBenet.

My mind is sitting on a Lily pad wondering what this in reality is all about.

I cannot imagine what Patsy would have revealed or hinted at, IF IF Ms. Arndt has a different slant on stuff than the rest of the planet population.

60% not good information, hmmm.

No fingerprints on the note.

Dead body of kidnapping victim found in their own basement.

John using sleeping aid to sleep 'that' night.

Burglar alarm not set.

Outside light not on as usual.

Neighbor seeing moving/flickering lights in the kitchen area 'that' night.

Barnhill seeing someone he thought was JAR walking up to the Ramseys door Christmas day.

No phone call from the kidnapper the 26th.

Patsy glued to a chair with others on the 26th, she did not seem to notice that the phone call from the 'kidnapper' did not happen.

John wanting to fly to GA morning of the 26th on 'important business' before child was found (correct me IF I err on that)

Heavy Mag Flashlight with zero fingerprints on it or the batteries.

911 call made on the 23rd, no official substantial source documented for it.

No TRADITIONAL Christmas morning family movie made.

Patsy and John just skimmed the note and did not READ it all or relate to Police what would happen to JonBenet IF IF they talked to anyone etc. etc.

What 60% evidence did Arndt scrape up or see that WE donut know about?

I am deadly serious here .... she should hand it over to British detectives. We aren't emotional about the case here. Most people would say "Who?" if you mentioned the name "JonBenet Ramsey". I invariably have to qualify it by adding "the little beauty queen who was murdered....etc" before people know who I am talking about. Patsy's death was literally covered by a couple of newspapers here - it wasn't even on the BBC world news! The British police aren't hindered by politics either.

Camper said:
My mind is sitting on a Lily pad wondering what this in reality is all about.

I cannot imagine what Patsy would have revealed or hinted at, IF IF Ms. Arndt has a different slant on stuff than the rest of the planet population.

60% not good information, hmmm.

No fingerprints on the note.

Dead body of kidnapping victim found in their own basement.

John using sleeping aid to sleep 'that' night.

Burglar alarm not set.

Outside light not on as usual.

Neighbor seeing moving/flickering lights in the kitchen area 'that' night.

Barnhill seeing someone he thought was JAR walking up to the Ramseys door Christmas day.

No phone call from the kidnapper the 26th.

Patsy glued to a chair with others on the 26th, she did not seem to notice that the phone call from the 'kidnapper' did not happen.

John wanting to fly to GA morning of the 26th on 'important business' before child was found (correct me IF I err on that)

Heavy Mag Flashlight with zero fingerprints on it or the batteries.

911 call made on the 23rd, no official substantial source documented for it.

No TRADITIONAL Christmas morning family movie made.

Patsy and John just skimmed the note and did not READ it all or relate to Police what would happen to JonBenet IF IF they talked to anyone etc. etc.

What 60% evidence did Arndt scrape up or see that WE donut know about?

Camper

Good points there. Wonder what could be in the xmas movie to have it missing?

Any policemen you can think of right off the top of your head, Jay?

"Legal question: if Arndt's book is full of hearsay from Patsy, can John sue Arndt successfully for libel? I mean, is it the same as if Arndt herself accused John of molestation and murder?"

We could find out the hard way.

SuperDave said:
Any policemen you can think of right off the top of your head, Jay?

"Legal question: if Arndt's book is full of hearsay from Patsy, can John sue Arndt successfully for libel? I mean, is it the same as if Arndt herself accused John of molestation and murder?"

We could find out the hard way.

SuperDave,

Anything Arndt puts into print is open to litigation by John, just depends on whats alleged to have been said.

If John thinks the book is bad news then John will try and shut it down, litigation is the means.

UKGuy said:
Camper

Good points there. Wonder what could be in the xmas movie to have it missing?

I know it doesn't bother some folks, but this is a major sticking point for me.

narlacat said:
How do you mean Irish?
It just seems odd to me that the traditional Christmas tape was missing. Patsy seemed the type to want to record everything. (stage everything, make a show out of everything) I just can not believe they didn't tape that Christmas morning.

It makes me think that someone was there that they don't want to admit was there.

That makes me think JAR or Grandpa.

Ok thanks Irish.

Yes, the missing Christmas video is odd, amongst other things!

Why did Grandpa bolt so suddenly?

narlacat said:
Ok thanks Irish.

Yes, the missing Christmas video is odd, amongst other things!

Why did Grandpa bolt so suddenly?

The day after the 23d of Christmas party, Grandpa Paugh flew to Atlanta standby...makes you wonder if either John or Patsy told him that he was not invited to spend Christmas with them.

Linda Arndt spoke with Patsy whom I believe was a master manipulator. LA is not the brightest person, having said she counted her bullets after looking at John.

Now she believes the Ramseys are innocent??? Like UKGuy says...it's all about money.

My belief is that things began to spin out of control on the 23d, when someone had their way with JonBenet. Whether John and Patsy had a falling out over it or if Patsy alone was aware that her daughter was being molested by Daddy Paugh, she began unravelling.

Patsy's memory of her childhood with her Daddy came flooding back on the 23d when JonBenet became the focus of Grandpa's loving attention.

The Christmas video thing is highly suspicious as was mentioned, Patsy loves to record every aspect of these childrens lives.

Toltec said:
The day after the 23d of Christmas party, Grandpa Paugh flew to Atlanta standby...makes you wonder if either John or Patsy told him that he was not invited to spend Christmas with them.

Linda Arndt spoke with Patsy whom I believe was a master manipulator. LA is not the brightest person, having said she counted her bullets after looking at John.

Now she believes the Ramseys are innocent??? Like UKGuy says...it's all about money.

My belief is that things began to spin out of control on the 23d, when someone had their way with JonBenet. Whether John and Patsy had a falling out over it or if Patsy alone was aware that her daughter was being molested by Daddy Paugh, she began unravelling.

Patsy's memory of her childhood with her Daddy came flooding back on the 23d when JonBenet became the focus of Grandpa's loving attention.

The Christmas video thing is highly suspicious as was mentioned, Patsy loves to record every aspect of these childrens lives.
See, this is exactly where my line of thinking goes.
But at this stage of the game, it makes me wonder this: why would Patsy then spend her dying days at her father's home?

IrishMist said:
See, this is exactly where my line of thinking goes.
But at this stage of the game, it makes me wonder this: why would Patsy then spend her dying days at her father's home?
Comfort, security, recognition, affirmation, all the things a little girl wants and needs when threatened by the boogieman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back