North Korea fires missile....

This is really scary. On the news they said it could be another 5-6 years before they make one that can reach the US. :eek:

CNN just reported that there were 6 missile tests and 1 possibly 2 were long range missiles. Latest firing was as late as 6:31pm EDT.

The correct number of missles that were launched is actually 5, not 6, CNN confirmed. Scary !

From the article:

Jim Walsh, a national security analyst at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, said the intent of the test appeared to be aimed at drawing attention back to North Korean demands in the six-party talks. But Walsh said the tests "do not represent an immediate military threat to the United States."

'Difficult technology'
"It's very difficult technology. They very clearly have not mastered it," he said. "Most estimates are they will not master it for another 10 years."

Despite this guy being from MIT, I think he must have for brains, A failed test does not equate to ten more years of necessary development. I think this administration, and the BS they sling around, has me very sensitive to any statement like this.

Defiant N. Korea fires series of missiles

TOKYO - A defiant North Korea test-fired a long-range missile Wednesday that may be capable of reaching America, but it failed seconds after launch, officials said. The North also tested five shorter range missiles in an exercise the White House called "provocative" but not an immediate threat.

Ignoring stern U.S. and Japanese warnings, the isolated communist nation carried out the audacious military tests even as the U.S. celebrated the Fourth of July and launched the space shuttle.

None of the missiles made it as far as Japan, all crashing into the Sea of Japan separating the island from the Korean Peninsula, officials said.

"We do consider it provocative behavior," U.S. National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley said.

http://tinyurl.com/p8gqu

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back