NC NC - Allen Croft, 46, Durham, 11 May 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice4Jack

Former Member
Reaction score
I am hoping someone will be able to help me. concerning my brothers death. He was 46 and weeks away from retiring from IBM, in Durham NC. He was found executed May 11, 2005 on the American Tobacco Trail under a tressel, a "supposed," suicide. The sheriffs department boggled the case, and failed to adhere to protocol, and do an investigation. It has taken me over a year to glean what facts I have obtained. My mother and I both wrote under the FOIA, for ALL the facts, as they "closed," his case. A year later the detective for the case sent us a report, and it was full of hearsay, lies, and ineptness. He allowed 2 people to take his computer who were neighbors, and besides doing no handwriting analysis, or autopsy, they completely did nothing. The pictures I do have shows the crime scene, and he has only a couple of drops of blood on his clothes, (which, they also did NO GSR tests on.) There was NO powder burns to the wound, nor was there blood on the gun, his arm, or shirt. The position of his body also doesn't make sense, nor the fact he was pronounced dead 6 hours prior, yet was covered with maggots? I am PRAYING someone out here may help my family! I know we need legal help, but we are poor, and hoping someone will help pro-bono. He was an amazing man, and deserves better than to have died this way. Then, treated like roadkill....Please offer ANY advise, even though I have contacted EVERY official there is, the SHERIFF is, "untouchable," and nobody is willing to help...

Justice4Jack said:
I am hoping someone will be able to help me. concerning my brothers death. He was 46 and weeks away from retiring from IBM, in Durham NC. He was found executed May 11, 2005 on the American Tobacco Trail under a tressel, a "supposed," suicide. The sheriffs department boggled the case, and failed to adhere to protocol, and do an investigation. It has taken me over a year to glean what facts I have obtained. My mother and I both wrote under the FOIA, for ALL the facts, as they "closed," his case. A year later the detective for the case sent us a report, and it was full of hearsay, lies, and ineptness. He allowed 2 people to take his computer who were neighbors, and besides doing no handwriting analysis, or autopsy, they completely did nothing. The pictures I do have shows the crime scene, and he has only a couple of drops of blood on his clothes, (which, they also did NO GSR tests o.) There was NO powder burns to the wound, nor was there blood on the gun, his arm, or shirt. The position of his body also doesn't make sense, nor the fact he was pronounced dead 6 hours prior, yet was covered with maggots? I am PRAYING someone out here may help my family! I know we need legal help, but we are poor, and hoping someone will help pro-bono. He was an amazing man, and deserves better than to have died this way. Then, treated like roadkill....Please offer ANY advise, even though I have contacted EVERY official there is, the SHERIFF is, "untouchable," and nobody is willing to help...

What are the reasons for his murder, do you believe?

and who do you think is responsible?

why the cover-up?

i'm very sorry for your and your family's loss. :(

I just want to say Im so sorry for what you and your family is going thru. I also know a little about durham. I dont know much about how to help you but there are a great group of people on here that will do everything they can to find justice! I hope and pray you and your family will get answers :(

Have you contacted the Attorney General in that state? That person is above all LE and so it wouldn't hurt to contact him/her. I would also contact the Gov. I would try those two people first and go from there.

I'm so sorry about your brother's death. It has to be horrible that his death wasn't investigated. There is no excuse for that. No matter what anyone had to say about your brother his death deserved to be looked into. Don't give up.

I have tried every politician in the state, and was given the brush off. There have been a few high profile cases, from the Michael Peterson to Duke University trials. The officials do not want any more bad, "publicity." He was killed for his wealth, and the sheriffs department didn't care. We was lied to, and was told there was a autopsy, which my mother begged for, and was not done, why? Also, why not do any tests on the "notes?" Or, the weapon? And why do they refuse to send us all reports, and tell us the GSR results? It is a nightmare! Isn't it law to do an autopsy on all suicides, and unexpected deaths?

Justice4Jack said:
I have tried every politician in the state, and was given the brush off. There have been a few high profile cases, from the Michael Peterson to Duke University. The officials do not want any more bad, "publicity." He was killed for his wealth, and the sheriffs department didn't care. We was lied to, and was told there was a autopsy, which my mother begged for, and was not done, why? Also, why not do any tests on the "notes?" Or, the weapon? And why do they refuse to send us all reports, and tell us the GSR results? It is a nightmare!

Without more information, i couldn't possibly come up with any answers to your questions, i'm afraid. :(

Justice4Jack,
I'm so sorry for what you've gone through and for the loss of your brother. PLEASE don't let frustration and seemigly brick walls stop you from getting to the truth, it will take time and patience. I cannot imagine what you are going through and can feel your frustration from reading your words. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, I know that may not be the kind of help you want, but is the best I can offer you.

Of course, I can bat ideas around and listen to your theories and offer my own, I'm pretty good at that, lol but it may not be enough.

Bless you and don't give up for your brother.

Do some research on the internet. Pro-bono attorneys in your state.
Pro activists of some type out there must be able to help you. Good luck.

Write to Nancy Grace....
She of all may help you.......
Send EVERY piece of info you have to her.....

:angel:

Could you please tell me who she is, and how to reach her? This has been a nightmare for my family, my mother most of all! I am praying this will be a way for me to seek help, clues, and people who knew him. The Lord moves in mysterious ways, and I have faith he will bring the truth to light, and justice rendered. My brother's name is Allen Croft Jr, and if anyone out here can help, I am pleading....

Justice4Jack said:
I have tried every politician in the state, and was given the brush off. There have been a few high profile cases, from the Michael Peterson to Duke University trials. The officials do not want any more bad, "publicity." He was killed for his wealth, and the sheriffs department didn't care. We was lied to, and was told there was a autopsy, which my mother begged for, and was not done, why? Also, why not do any tests on the "notes?" Or, the weapon? And why do they refuse to send us all reports, and tell us the GSR results? It is a nightmare! Isn't it law to do an autopsy on all suicides, and unexpected deaths?

It sure does sound suspicious to me that you are unable to get any info. I would think that an autopsy has to be done...by law...when there is any question about the cause of death. What about talking to your own Attorney General? I mean in person...make an appt with him/her. I'm trying to think of what I would do if I were in your shoes. I might start with my own Police Chief. I would tell him what you have been up against and how frustrated you are. It just doesn't make sense that you can't get any answers. Show him the crime scene photos that you have...everything you have and see what he says.

How far away from Durham do you live? Did you ever meet any of your brother's friends....was he married? I'm trying to think of people that might be able to give you information. What about his job...co-workers? What happened to your brother's belongings...home....everything that he owned?
Did you say LE let a neighbor take his computor? They can't just give his things away. They have to notify next of kin. If he wasn't married and didn't have children then your mother would have been next in line. What about his retirement? Any insurance policies? If he was ready to retire at 46 yrs old he must have been pretty well set financially.

If you had his belongings from his home and office stuff you might find something in his paperwork that could give you a clue if something was going on. I hope that you are able to make some headway. You deserve to know what happened to your brother. Durham being so secretive just makes you more suspicious. It's to bad someone there won't be truthful.

I have tried EVERY official, in both NC, and here in Ohio where we live, and I have just been passed from one agency to the next. The investigators report stated, "they," were not to speak to me, and Cecily Smith, the sheriffs legal advisor, just hangs up on me! The reason they ignore us is because they know they messed up! Why else would they not tell me the GSR results? And again, why no autopsy, toxicology, handwriting analysis on the, "note," or anything else!
Nothing was done to protocol, and was treated from the beginning to be as they said, "a typical suicide."
The first rule in criminology is NOT to jump to your own conclusions, but, to gather information and evidence, and to do an investigation! They did not speak to ANYONE in my family, besides myself and my mother. We BEGGED them to do an autopsy, and was lied to about one being done! My mother also pleaded with them not to cremate him, but his wife wanted one. We KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did not kill himself!!!! I have gathered some proof, but am reluctant to say, as I do not want to jeopardize any trials. If there is anyone out here that knew him, PLEASE contact me! I have found one of his college friends online through all this, who has been a great help, but I need all the information I can gather! He was an amazing man, and the greatest brother you could ever be blessed to have!!!!! He put himself through college, graduating Suma *advertiser censored* Laude, then achieving his Master's degree in Computer Science, he went on to work for IBM, and was so proud to be retiring at 46!!! He was not only a wealthy man, but one who did it on his own, and was the hero, and mentor to all of those whose lives he crossed!!!
He did NOT deserve to die such a brutal death, nor be so disrespected by the police!!! He was murdered twice, and I have promised him I will never give up on him, as he did me.....He was my only brother, and BEST friend.....

PS, I will be contacting Nancy Grace also, Thank You for any help! And PRAYERS can solve anything!!

Your brother being married may be what is tying your hands. I don't know what she is like but as his spouse she holds a lot of power and if she doesn't want LE giving you or your mom any information they would probably stand by her decision. Could there be a reason that she wouldn't want LE to carry out an investigation? Did they have a good marriage....children? Have you told her that you don't think he committed suicide....if so, what does she say?
You would think that if she is suspicious she would want a full blown investigation and that she would have the same questions that you have.

I hope that Nancy Grace will investigate your brother's death. I'm sure that her people will want to talk to his wife, etc, before they do a segment on his death. She would have to hear everyone involved ideas of what happened. She may be able to get some info from LE.

I'm not sure how it works if LE believe a person committed suicide. I would think that they would have done an autopsy at the least though. If they say they did one why won't they send you the report or send it to your mother?
Maybe they have worked closely with the wife...I don't know.

When did the wife call the police that your brother was missing or did someone
just find him on the trail?
Who's gun was used?
Also if I read you post right, he was cremated?
Did you go to the furneral? Sorry had to ask....

Try contacting everyone that knew him from IBM...

Looked maggots up(gross)flys land on a dead person within 10 minutes.
This other site says 8-20 hours til maggots appear(sorry gross subject)depending on which fly and the temp....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggot

Take care

p.s. if you have time drive out there and do some investigating on your own...

Unfortunately we was unable to go to his quick, "memorial service." And I was in such shock, I think it is a good thing I didn't go. I would have just screamed NOOOOOO, and am still sick...
There was NO autopsy, or ANY other tests done accept the GSR, (which they refuse to tell us) and a tox screen to see if he had drank alcohol. (he did not) His wife has disconnected her phone, and never sent my mother so much as an ash :'( Her behavior is sketchy to say the least!
They had no children, but he was to take my daughter if my cancer returned. He was the most loving man, and best friend EVER! It is all so pathetic, and is why I came here for advise and help! I sent the information I do have to Nancy Grace, and am praying she will look into this for us. Everything doesn't add up, and I have just spent the past year gleaning information, and trying to get somebody politically to help. Now I need professional help! If I could go there, I would now, but am unable due to finances and health. But I am doing ALL I can through letters and phone calls...
They (Law Enforcement) think because I am a woman, and ill, that I do not count, nor my mother. But, as I said, I made an oath to NEVER give up!

So sorry you have to go through this.
Also off the topic....
Try to get a law pasted(for blood relatives to get any and all info when a love one dies)......:twocents:
Jacks law........

take care:blowkiss:

That is also a major problem! He was killed in May 2005, and we did not receive ANYTHING until a month ago, after me refusing to "drop it."
They have only given us scraps, and we requested EVERYTHING from ALl reports, files, pictures, 911 transcripts, EVERYTHING! The only thing the sheriff's department did was to give us a false record, full of heresay and lies, and I also want the officers involved punished for covering up!

I dont think any LE Office would release the things you are requesting. Rarely will they release, photos, officer notes interviews etc unless they are under supeana. These things are not considered public record. Only 29 States have mandatory autopsy laws and I dont believe North Carolina is one of them. I live in Georgia and we do not have mandatory autopsy laws for deaths ruled as suicide.

Your brothers wife is considered his next of kin so all funeral/creamation decisions would be made by her unless your brother left a will specifying his wishs.

If you have legitimate evidence of a crime perhaps contacting a local reporter and showing them all of your documentation would give cause to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member